Poll: What secrets do you hope Shadowlands will hold?

What secrets do you hope Shadowlands will hold?

So we have no Alpha or Beta information to go on, and the current pandemic is likely to keep it that way for the foreseeable future with Blizzard employees working remotely, and thus progression on development of the game slowed by because of it. Regardless of release date, and the complete and utter lack of information, what secrets do you hope Shadowlands holds, from lore, technical, and game play points of view, come release date?

1. They butchered Arthas in WOTLK. His character arc made no fucking sense. I want them to leave him DEAD, at least they did that right.
    2. How is that a secret?
    3. Quel'Thalas*. Who would follow him? He abandoned his people when they needed him.
    4. Once again, barely a secret.
    5. Blue eyes, damn, nobody saw that coming. Blow away
    6. Sure, that would be cool.
    7. Sylvanas can get locked in a cage and fucked by a metal dildo for all I care, her character is shit.
    8. No idea, i'm just a grumpy man tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    1. They butchered Arthas in WOTLK. His character arc made no fucking sense. I want them to leave him DEAD, at least they did that right.
    2. How is that a secret?
    3. Quel'Thalas*. Who would follow him? He abandoned his people when they needed him.
    4. Once again, barely a secret.
    5. Blue eyes, damn, nobody saw that coming. Blow away
    6. Sure, that would be cool.
    7. Sylvanas can get locked in a cage and fucked by a metal dildo for all I care, her character is shit.
    8. No idea, i'm just a grumpy man tonight.
    Butchered him how?

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Butchered him how?
    Wondering the same.

1. Let him be dead
    2. Certainly will happen. Was one of the best moves they made in a long time.
    3. As a villian or antihero maybe. But not as a leader of the bloodelves
    4. I can't imagine that, tbh.
    5. Also no. Would not make sense as all Blue Eyed Blood Elves are alliance
    6. I do not think so but would be cool
    7. You can only fit so much betrayel in one character. I actually do think the jailor will betray her.
    8. Worldrevamp after that... also unlikely but a boy can hope

Arthas in wotlk was moronic at best, none of his decisions made any sense.

Im hoping timewalking will become a permanent thing - i would subscribe just to do timewalking dungeons simply to enjoy a wider variety.
    If they implemented a mythic version of timewalking (for extra challenge) that would also be fkn great.

Eliminating the concept of pure dps classes would be nice - give every dps only class a spec thats either tank or healer.
    For example i love playing warlocks, hunters and rogues and i do like to tank (and sometimes heal) but the classes can not perform those roles.
    It would also make it easier to find tanks/healers for queues.

Professions and crafting bank made server-wide for all your characters on a single server (within a faction).

Horde fully splintering into two factions - one is the thrall/cairne brotherhood and the other is the goblin/forsaken evil whatever.
    It might also help with world pvp since horde tends to greatly outnumber alliance players in world pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Don't bring that beta bitch Kael'thas back.

Or Arthas.

Or anyone really.

If anything kill off more people.

3+ Year Old Account
    Other. I'd like more troll lore, and hopefully some about Bwonsamdi's origins
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

That the Zergs are waiting for us with their Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

Or Arthas.

Or anyone really.

Agreed, death has become meaningless in WoW when literally anyone can be brought back to life.

- - - Updated - - -

I want Highborne customization for Night Elves, but I fear all we're gonna get is Druid stuff. As if we don't have enough of that already.

i had a good laugh about 4th spec for DKs. as if Blizz, investing as less as possible, will shoot themselfes in the knee, by making balancing one additional spec harder and pull out of their ass another x talents and spells for a new spec. when they even can not handle the other 36 at all.

sooooo absurd

the only chance i see here (and i value this chance with 1%) is when sooo many ppls are sooo pissed cause/if SL has nothing new and foremost no new class, that Blizz feels forced to implement a compromise, like 4th DK spec, that also fits in the story. but, as said, 1%....
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-04-04 at 01:23 PM.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather see Ner'zhul in Shadowlands than Arthas. He was the more tragic and more interesting part of the real Lich King. Bolvar was never, isn't and will never be real big dick Lich King.

I want to know how the fuck Draka is in Maldraxxus as some kind of indomitable warrior spirit ahead of literally any other named Orc warrior character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

Or Arthas.

Or anyone really.

I don't get it. Everyone in the Shadowlands IS dead. This is the afterlife, they're not coming back to life, this is where we sent them.

It's damn cheeky to kill someone then roll up to their house in the next life to boast about it.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I'm sure Arthas will be involved in the Maw, since Sylvanas explicitly felt his child-like essence there when she killed herself at Icecrown.

They said they'd add more allied races when it seemed right. Kyrians are not a good candidate though, since they are just blue humans and Kul Tirans already exist, and then there's the awkwardness of basically having one covenant suddenly get even more lore and interaction and relevance moving forward while the other three are left awkwardly standing around.

You might get a surprise allied race at prepatch, but otherwise I wouldn't expect to see one until like 9.3 and it will probably be something not covenant related (if the brokers get increasingly helpful/relevant instead of shady, they seem to be an interesting potential candidate (concept art has them in distinct, player like armor piece slots, shoulders, chest, legs, gloves, cloaks) with apparent face-mask customization, their body structure and proportions are dead on for worgen rig too, so guessing they use that.

Really don't see Kael'thas coming back to life. Not with how the Blood Elves have continually moved away from him and towards having Lor'themar and Liadrin as stable leaders.

Night Elves already have a pretty light silver skin, not sure why people are so keen on the highborne thing. They were never particularly different, just a higher caste.

Willing to bet they'll give void elves a high elf eye option, just so they don't have to deal with it anymore. They won't give it to blood elves after all the backlash for the past 13 years since they put them on Horde. If they were going to give them a high elf option, it'd be because they're moving them to neutral like Pandaren. Seems unlikely.

Really don't think Necromancer will ever be a DK spec. It's like having a shaman who doesn't use the elements. Their fundamental fantasy is being a runeblade wielding knight. Blizzard limited DH to 2 specs before diverging from its class fantasy, they aren't going to add on an unnecessary 4th spec that diverges from a class' core identity. You're more likely to get bard rogue spec, dark ranger hunter spec, a shaman earth tank, warrior glad spec, etc. than you are to get Necromancer DK. Hell, you're almost more likely to see necromancer given to warlocks as a fourth spec with a nathrezim theme than you are a DK.

I can't imagine them killing Slyvanas and it not being at the hands of either players or someone eager for her death (Genn, Tyrande).

-

My hope is for interesting archaeology rewards and maybe for pickpocketing to be decent again instead of gimmicky time-gating or bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    I'd rather see Ner'zhul in Shadowlands than Arthas. He was the more tragic and more interesting part of the real Lich King. Bolvar was never, isn't and will never be real big dick Lich King.

I want to know how the fuck Draka is in Maldraxxus as some kind of indomitable warrior spirit ahead of literally any other named Orc warrior character.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get it. Everyone in the Shadowlands IS dead. This is the afterlife, they're not coming back to life, this is where we sent them.

It's damn cheeky to kill someone then roll up to their house in the next life to boast about it.
    And it's a terrible expansion already for that. But I meant more, don't bring them back to actual life. Let them stay in the Shadowlands where we can ignore them like WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of those I don't really care about or think they would be a net detriment to the storyline, but Sylvanas getting a big head and trying to one-up the final boss only to get William Wallace'd would be a exclamation point at the end of her sentence. Kael'thas coming back and taking Silvermoon from Lor'themar would both be a wildly unpopular move in-universe (as pretty much every blood elf alive keenly remembers how Kael betrayed them, led an attack on the city, and left them once again flapping in the breeze while Lor'themar has by and large done a good job getting them back on their feet and done right by them except the few times he's had his balls in a vice) and wouldn't make any sense besides, since what we know of the Shadowlands suggests that while you retain your memories of who you were in life, once you 'go native' and become part of the Shadowlands' races, you have no interest in or cause to return to the world of the living. "I wanna get the fuck outta here" is pretty exclusively a sentiment shared by those in the Maw, not the other afterlives.

As for Arthas being a major character, that's fine. I suppose a penitent Arthas wanting to atone and redeem himself to escape the Maw through deeds rather than duplicity would be an interesting arc for him given what we know now after various retcons of varying sloppiness (that he was fighting from the inside the whole time, secretly held the Scourge in check, and really just wanted to unify Azeroth against the Void and picked the second-worst way possible to go about it).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be ok with Arthas making a small cameo, but i don't really want him as a full main character.

Kaelthas coming back would be weird, i don't see any Blood Elf actually accepting him back, though it would be interesting to have him come back, and have Alleria use him as an excuse to claim the throne of Quelthalas and push them to the Alliance (he's the rightful heir in theory), pushing to a political conflict between the HE + VE vs BE.

I would like to see the connection of Goldrin and the other spirits a little more, maybe even connect the spirits with the NE and Worgens a little more, pushing this 2 groups together even more. (I really want a Gilneas with a full blown Night Elf district)