Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How long would your supplies last

...if you were welded inside your apartment. You can access your garden if you have one, and if you had food stored in a shed or whatever we shall assume that it was moved into your living room before you went on lock down.

Utilities will keep working indefinitely.

I imagine me and my gf could survive for like 3 weeks. Maybe 5-6 with severe rationing. Vitamins would probably run out first.

Eh, I guess I'd have to start growing potatoes and carrots. I have seeds for green peppers also, so that might help. Not sure if I'd survive long enough for those to grow into real food though, especially with our current weather.

With only my current food stocks, well, I have a lot of sugar and flour, rice and quinoa. I'd probably make it 2-3months if things really got bad, but probably not much more than that.

With just non-perishable foods, about 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

if i was welded inside my apartment i don't think i would be able to move.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Maybe three months.

While I was in quarantine I did hoard a bit by ordering stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    ...if you were welded inside your apartment. You can access your garden if you have one, and if you had food stored in a shed or whatever we shall assume that it was moved into your living room before you went on lock down.

Utilities will keep working indefinitely.

I imagine me and my gf could survive for like 3 weeks. Maybe 5-6 with severe rationing. Vitamins would probably run out first.
    Gotta get one of those mega pack of vitamins on Amazon that don't require 50 pills a day.

Give me enough time to prep and I can live for awhile. You learn to ration and live off the same stuff like PB&J 3 days in a row. Having power would make it easier.

Probably 3 weeks.

*Looks at wagging dog by him in the eyes*

Maybe a month.

if you were welded inside your apartment you have much bigger problems when you get out, because it means you are living in a police state.

as for my own supplies, maybe 4-6 weeks, with rationing more, without power for the 3 fridges less. As for vitamins, 6 months daily multivitamins, another 6 months C/B/D/Calcium/Magnesium and additional non-perishable foods with lots of vitamin C for basic survival.

doesnt really matter, in a scenario such as yours, you have no rights anymore and its no longer your supplies. whatever comes next is much worse as losing a few kg's.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

I'd say about a month. However it doesn't matter because my insulin supply would run out and I'd be dead.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    Until I die. We keep about 2 weeks worth most of the time and could survive a couple months in a worse case scenario. This pandemic will not effect my longevity of survival with the goods we need. Not had any issues getting what we need to continue to live well. Shortage on eggs and milk, but those are not something mandatory.

If I catch it however, that is a different scenario.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

2-6 weeks I'd guess. Very much depending on when I realize there will be no restocking.

Mechagnome
    prolly 2 weeks

Before the virus, I really did not store much stuff. My fridge was usually mostly empty and I'd at most buy stuff I need for 2 days. Mostly 1 day, tho.

Now due to the chance that I might have to be quarantined for two weeks, I have collected food stuff for about a week. Intending to increase that to a bit over two weeks once I get a new freezer since old is basically broken (which I noticed as I started putting stuff in it and it did not seem as cold as it was supposed to be...).

As for rationing and such, I might already survive several weeks in hunger.

With Internet

about a month

Without Internet

2 hours 32 minutes and 8 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

With or without tap water?

With water, even without food, at least 2 weeks.
    If you have a pound of chocolate, last forever !
    (I predict that chocolate will sold out after I post this.)

Without water, food doesn't matter.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-04-01 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    With or without tap water?

With water, even without food, at least 2 weeks.
    If you have a pound of chocolate, last forever !
    (I predict that chocolate will sold out after I post this.)

Without water, food doesn't matter.
    Chocolate is the best treat that you can hoard. It doesn't cause AS BAD sugar rush as other candies.

Right now, we could go a couple of weeks, plus I have enough fat to last a few more weeks after that.
    Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    “Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.”
    "His knowledge on that topic is only power point deep..." "Power corrupts and PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

i'd probably last 4-6 months thanks to stocking up in Jan
    if canabalism kicks in i could go at least another couple weeks if i am the alpha!!!
    Whether SHE IS INDICTED OR EVEN GUILTY IT DOESNT MATTER. HER GUILT IS A MOOT POINT!!! - Fox News 2016
    You don’t have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this Constitutional Republic,” - Sen (r) Graham 1999

Until I ran out of ammo to get more.