Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    plague movies...what was the last one i watched?

- - - Updated - - -

my weed is too good..making me forget things

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    plague movies...what was the last one i watched?

- - - Updated - - -

my weed is too good..making me forget things
    you stocked up on beers then JB?

oh my lord tundering brett favring tunderin field

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Highly doubt much if anything will change. Especially things that make money.
    This. It will all come back as before. More and more people are doing stuff online and that will continue to grow. The pandemic we have now, will not be the reason it will continue to grow. It's just a lot more convenient. And yes, the economy will recover and even stronger.

We survived the Spanish Flu in 1918, which killed a estimate 50 - 60 million world wide and 675,000 in the US. Things where booming in the 1920's after it slowed down and the war was over.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Hand shakes.

Mass public events, mainly sports and concerts.
    Unlikely, those things make bank

Economically I am pretty sure several well known retail brands, most of which are already struggling with the internet competition, won't come back.

On a political note I don't think we will have the open borders (for westerners) as we did before, and even more restricted for citizens of less privileged countries.

And on personal level I don't think we are going to go back to the handshaking rituals we used to have.

Handshakes...because we ran out of toilet paper.

Hand shaking is definitely here to stay. Lots will be against it (like there is now) but it will still be the show of trust and respect it has been.

Out though is retail only stores. If you're a business and have no online presence by now, you deserve to go bankrupt and lose everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested in what practices we've adopted that will stay.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    gamestop might be doomed.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If human contact and mass public events didn't stop after... the black plague... the spanish flu... every other mass outbreak in human history... I doubt this will stop it.

What's going to change in the long run? Hopefully the world's response to pandemics.

What will hopefully never return due to this? Donald Trump as president.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk
    Through a hole in the wall?
    Ah, clubbing in the 70s flashbacks? That's what playing that "Staying Alive" video during these times will do to ya!

I'd expect pushback after the virus settles down in some form, there will be more of certain behaviors as people set out to show they can do those things.

What I'd like to see? I'd like to see useful data that might help address climate change, changes to improve social support including medical care and working conditions, a greater effort to do something about the f'n flu and I think I'll pause their before I go wall o'text.

Instead, what I'll probably get is another lesson on just how hard it is to overestimate human stupidity as a factor in life.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Employer skepticism about work from home in tech positions is likely to drop sharply.

Open borders politics is effectively dead for a generation.

Sadly, a bunch of my favorite hole in the wall bars. They're not capitalized for this kind of hit or sophisticated enough to deal with the federal government to find a solution.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Other then small time stores, and people.
    Nothing is gonna change and you would be a fool to think otherwise with human history. The swine flu had killed thousands yet various protections were never implemented. China is still hosting wet markets.
    I mean for god sake people still think this damn virus only kills old people, think it’s a hoax or just don’t care either way.
    Hell afew people I know believe this virus is actually just a test to see how well the “true global elite” can control the actions of the people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Comic book stores

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Handshakes? Because all the world needs is to adopt Scandinavian social etiquette right?
    Handshakes are a thing in Scandinavia.. I am unsure what you are even talking about

Exotic species market, I mean China is going to permanently ban this.

Also some small businesses, this recession caused by the virus will hurt small businesses growth too much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wet Markets, assuming China doesn't screw around on the issue which I am not entirely certain they will not.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Sadly, a bunch of my favorite hole in the wall bars. They're not capitalized for this kind of hit or sophisticated enough to deal with the federal government to find a solution.
    That's an unfortunate choice of words considering the discussion that was just had above.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Lots of small companies because big corp. with a lot of money and the right political connections will get the lions share of the aid packages.