Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    MTG collector cards took a hit, because people enjoy to play it in the store TOGETHER !

Many people don't play the game at all.
    They are purely investors.

Rumor is that they don't even invest with their own money.
    They borrow money to buy these cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'm reminded of that scene from Demolition Man where Stallone's character found out that people basically used VR headsets to have sex in the future.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If human contact and mass public events didn't stop after... the black plague... the spanish flu... every other mass outbreak in human history... I doubt this will stop it.

What's going to change in the long run? Hopefully the world's response to pandemics.

What will hopefully never return due to this? Donald Trump as president.
    Lol! Cheer up, there will be a time when he will never return as President.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Really, really, really hoping "idiot politicians in power who actively increase the level of the threat by seeding misinformation at every opportunity." If pandemics shutting down the country and killing more than our last major terrorist attack doesn't do it, nothing will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Exotic species market, I mean China is going to permanently ban this.
    The only thing China has banned over the last 7 days since the re-opening of those markets is people taking photographs in them. Nothing has changed and they are behaving like it never happened.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Handshakes and hugs will probably be taboo for a year or two after the pandemic is over, but they will return.

I know it's naive to even hope so, but I would love if the trend towards packing cities deneser and denser would at least slow down for a while after all this. Especially every company trying to locate their offices into the middle of the fucking city despite this being just a major annoyance for workers and business guests.

With a bit if luck some of the really scummy companies like Gamestop will go under, but I personally doubt it. I would dance out of joy if we got to a point where people just take some basic hygiene seriously, where showing up to work sick is actually frowned upon and maybe adopt the whole asian attitude of wearing a mask if YOU are sick, though I have little hope in that regard, since most people still do it wrong.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-03-31 at 10:38 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    If things go the way they are going - democracy in Poland.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I know it's naive to even hope so, but I would love if the trend towards packing cities deneser and denser would at least slow down for a while after all this. Especially every company trying to locate their offices into the middle of the fucking city despite this being just a major annoyance for workers and business guests.
    It seems that city density ultimately relates to the "average building height" of a city. I don't see why there's anything wrong with increasing demand for taller and taller buildings.

"What will never come back after this pandemic?"
    All those votes in "the greatest decade" thread favoring this decade.
    I'm sure we can write those off...

European Union

10+ Year Old Account
    doesnt it have to break up first?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    doesnt it have to break up first?
    I suspect that if it does, it will be similar to a very messy divorce.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    "What will never come back after this pandemic?"
    All those votes in "the greatest decade" thread favoring this decade.
    I'm sure we can write those off...
    Dude we're only three months into this decade, we have plenty of time to turn it around and make the 2020s the best decade. We just need to defeat the evil virus.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    MTG collector cards took a hit, because people enjoy to play it in the store TOGETHER !

Many people don't play the game at all.
    They are purely investors.

Rumor is that they don't even invest with their own money.
    They borrow money to buy these cards.
    Now you can get a good condition Tabernacle of Pendrell Vale for under 1.5k... cool right?

Anyways I think the MTG market should bounce back once the competitive tournaments starting again.

Smart MTG investors should dump like majority of their collection before this Pandemics begin, and a lot of successful MTG investors profits a lot already so this thing will do very little damage to them.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Dude we're only three months into this decade, we have plenty of time to turn it around and make the 2020s the best decade. We just need to defeat the evil virus.
    This time is far worse than 2008.

First, it is global, not just US real estate. China will not help US this time.

Second, if Trump declares "all clear".
    Will you go watch movie or NFL? Even better, a cruise ship !

Personally, I really hope people learn a lesson from this virus.
    Not just another "save by the Fed Reserve's easy money".

Hopefully wet markets. Actual breeding ground for viruses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Hopefully wet markets. Actual breeding ground for viruses.
    China, on the surface one of the most advanced countries in the world. Scratch the surface, one of the most diseased, even more then Somalia.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    The only thing China has banned over the last 7 days since the re-opening of those markets is people taking photographs in them. Nothing has changed and they are behaving like it never happened.
    Nice, so the imbeciles know that this will happen again, right?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

I feel that many mom and pop shops are havin' a real tough time right now. I don't know if they're getting any reprieve. I would have to say many small restaurants may not come back.

Jobs that are "pandemic-proof" are going to hold a premium, possibly. Jobs that require you to work remotely at the least and still pay you well. Those jobs.

People are already craving social contact/interaction. There will always be large gatherings of different types. Comic Cons, for example. Sports, concerts, etc. All are definitely coming back on the menu after vaccines go out. It may take 18 months or longer to be safe.

What is more important is to reduce stress on medical staff and equipment. #FlattenTheCurve