Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Oh please, like people will vote for fucking Biden in the general elections. Trump will win even if his approval drops significantly.
    Hell, Biden may not even make it to the actual elections. His mind is already gone.
    umm what in the world are you babbling about when we are talking about chronovirus polls?

blah blah blah the irony about mental stability....is tastey

You are worried about Biden, you should really take a look at the transcript of Trump....

Give it a good read.....its not a parody, its not a joke...this is Trump

FOUR WEEKS AGO, WE HAD THE GREATEST ECONOMY IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD. WE HAD THE MOST JOBS EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNITED STATES. ALMOST 160 MILLION JOBS, RIGHT? AND THEN ONE DAY I GET A CALL FROM DR. FAUCI AND HE SAID -- AND SHE SAID, WE HAVE A PROBLEM. I SAID, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? AND THEY SAID, WE MAY HAVE TO CLOSE IT UP. THEY SAID, CLOSE UP THE COUNTRY. I SAID, WHAT IS THAT ALL ABOUT? AND WE DISCUSSED TODAY, AND PROBABLY NOT SINCE 1917, CAME TO THE CONCLUSION, AND SHE IS A FANTASTIC PERSON, A BRILLIANT PERSON, AND THIS IS WHAT SHE KNOWS. I SAID, HAS IT EVER BEEN THIS BAD? AND I THINK I CAN REPRESENT THAT YOU SAID NO. PART OF IT IS THE CONTAGION. IF YOU SNEEZE, I PROBABLY GET IT. WHOEVER HEARD OF A THING LIKE THAT? IN THIS VERY TALENTED REPORTER IS BAILING OUT. HE IS OUT OF HERE. I DON'T BLAME YOU. BUT IT IS A VERY CONTAGIOUS THING. PROBABLY THE LIKES OF WHICH WE'VE NEVER SEEN. BUT 1917, OVER 100 YEARS AGO, IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN ABOUT MANY TIMES, HORRIBLE, I'VE HEARD FROM 50 TO 75, 75 TO 100, BUT IT WAS TENS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. WE HAVE THE ADVANTAGE OF COMMUNICATION. THIS COULD HAVE BEEN JUST AS BAD. WE CAN SEE WHAT TO DO. WE CAN HAVE THESE MEETINGS. THEY CAN WATCH ON TELEVISION, WHICH THEY DO, AND THEY SAY, SOCIAL DISTANCING. BUT IN 1917, THEY DIDN'T HAVE THAT OPTION. THEY JUST NOTICED PEOPLE WERE DYING ALL OVER THE PLACE. A LOT OF PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY DIED. TO ME IT IS A GREAT QUESTION, HOW COME MORE PEOPLE DIDN'T DIE IN THIS COUNTRY? AND THEY SAID IT ACTUALLY STARTED IN THIS COUNTRY AND WENT TO EUROPE. RELATIVELY, WE LOST VERY FEW COMPARED TO EUROPE. SO THIS IS A TERRIBLE THING THAT HAPPENED AND WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW WITH PEOPLE IN JOBS, SO THINK OF THE POSITION I'M IN. WE HAVE BUILT, ALTOGETHER, THE GREATEST ECONOMY IN HISTORY. AND ALL OF A SUDDEN, PEOPLE COME IN, AND HERE'S THE THING, THEY WERE RIGHT. EVERYBODY QUESTIONED IT FOR A WHILE. THEY SAID, LET'S KEEP IT OPEN. LET'S RIDE IT. IF WE DID THAT, YOU SAW THE OTHER GRAPH. AND WHETHER IT IS TRUE OR ALMOST TRUE OR NOT TRUE, IT WAS 2.2 MILLION PEOPLE WOULD HAVE DIED. IN A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. THE GRAPH COULD HAVE BEEN EVEN SHORTER. I ALWAYS NOTICE THAT HORRIBLE ONE WHERE ECHOES HIGH, IT ACTUALLY COMES DOWN A LITTLE BIT FASTER. IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN OVER FASTER AND YOU WOULD HAVE LOST 2.2 MILLION PEOPLE. SO THEY COME IN AND THEY SAY, WE HAVE TO CLOSE UP THE COUNTRY. AND I SAY, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT DOES TO THE FABRIC OF THIS COUNTRY, TO PEOPLE THAT HAD GREAT JOBS, GREAT FAMILY, NO PROBLEMS WITH MONEY? EVERYTHING IS PERFECT, THEN THEY GO FROM THAT TO HAVING NO JOB. AND THEN YOU SEE 6 MILLION PEOPLE UNEMPLOYED. UNEMPLOYMENT NUMBERS GET RELEASED AND YOU SEE 6 MILLION PEOPLE. AND IT IS AN ARTIFICIAL CLOSING. IT IS NOT LIKE WE HAVE A MASSIVE RECESSION OR WORSE. IT IS ARTIFICIAL. WE TURNED IT OFF. WE ARE SAYING, DON'T GO TO WORK AND WE WILL PAY YOU. EVERYTHING IS THE OPPOSITE. IT WAS ALWAYS, GO TO WORK AND MAKE A LOT OF MONEY, THE AMERICAN DREAM. BECAUSE OF A HIDDEN ENEMY, WE ARE SAYING, DON'T GO TO WORK, AND WE ARE GOING TO PAY YOU. AND WE WILL PROBABLY DO MORE. I THINK INFRASTRUCTURE WOULD BE A FANTASTIC THING TO DO. YOU GIVE DEDUCTIBILITY FOR BUSINESSES WHERE THEY GO TO USE THE RESTAURANTS. THE RESTAURANTS WILL BE BIGGER AND BETTER THAN BEFORE. THEY STARTED DOING WELL, BUT THEY HAVE FEWER RESTAURANTS. BUT THE BLOOM OF THE RESTAURANTS IS WHEN THEY HAD DEDUCTIBILITY. AND ENTERTAINMENT. IT WAS A GREAT THING. BUT THEY CLOSED IT AND THEN THEY CLOSED IT AGAIN. BUT INFRASTRUCTURE. WE BORROW OUR MONEY NOW AT ZERO. IF WE WERE PAYING 5%, 4%, 3%, DIFFERENT BALLGAME. WE CAN BORROW LONG-TERM FOR LITERALLY ZERO. BECAUSE WE ARE CONSIDERED THE SAFE INVESTMENT ALL OVER THE WORLD. THAT IS WHY THEY WANT THE MONEY. SO I KNOW BETTER THAN ANYBODY. I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GOING THROUGH AND IT IS HORRIBLE. BUT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GET IT BACK FAST. WHEN THIS IS OVER, WE ARE GOING TO CELEBRATE. EVERYONE IS GOING TO GO TO WORK. AND WE'VE LEARNED A LOT. WE'VE LEARNED ABOUT BORDERS. WE'VE LEARNED ABOUT RELIANCE ON OTHER COUNTRIES. WE'VE LEARNED SO MUCH THAT I THINK WE REALLY HAVE A CHANCE TO BE BIGGER AND BETTER AND STRONGER AND I THINK IT IS GOING TO COME BACK VERY QUICKLY, BUT FIRST WE HAVE TO DEFEAT THIS ENEMY. SO WE WILL SEE YOU TOMORROW. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
    Last edited by Zan15; 2020-04-03 at 03:22 AM.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets say Trump says go back to work tomorrow because we have this corona business under control. Most people will try but people will still be too afraid to shop. Some of the businesses are closed for good and those jobs are permanently gone. Now lets say by May 31st or April 30th the amount of patients at hospitals are manageable and Trump says go back to work. Lots of small businesses are gone and rent is due. You think landlords are going to let you go without rent for 2-3 months? They'll want you to pay for that missed rent because the government still taxes them property taxes. Same goes for any bill honestly. The stupidity is that people believe the virus will simply go away, when it won't. Maybe during the summer it'll be manageable, but fall when more people give it a chance to spread then it'll reemerge again because we didn't stay locked away in our homes. People are still working right now because the stimulus plan isn't going to be enough, and those people are still spreading the virus. It'll reemerge in the fall and may even mutant to be worse.

The economy is gone and the stock market is a sinkhole where businesses throw their money in to see it vanish. Without a Universal Basic Income and Americans getting a free healthcare system then we'll never recovery. Someone has to pay for this mess and it can't be the poor and middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not need your pity. I am doing fine, thank you. And we shall get thru this pandemic. While it is very sad if you lose a loved one because of this crap ( or any other reason ), the country as a whole, has survived much worse and recovered in fine shape. And yes, I am among the majority ( according to most recent polls. ) which say he is doing a good job with it.

You and those who disagree will get your chance in a Nov. to express otherwise in the way which has some impact. Those who can't vote here? Well their opinion means nothing but that. I personally do not care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    give it another few days and you will be in the minority son.

Damn that did not take as long as i though huh Mr. G?

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-pol...ronavirus-poll

conducted April 1-2, 2020 finds that 47% of Americans approve of the way Donald Trump is handling the response to the coronavirus, down from 55% two weeks ago and 51% in last week's ABC News/ Washington Post poll.

buh bye majority.

As expected.

As you knew it would.

Guess this is where the "fake polls" and "polls can't be trusted" excuses start to come back now.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Not sure this is anything to gloat about, that more than 0 % think he handled this well in any way is just a joke. First he fires his crisis staff for pandemics, then the first actual pandemic in 100 years hit and you have him on record saying it ain't that bad only to do a 180 the next day saying he knew it all along. Then the constant misinformation he keeps spewing that needs to be immediately rectified during the pubic announcments by people who aren't suffering from dementia. That this isn't worse is mostly down to many local governments handling this properly, albeit too late.

The filter (propaganda) bubble the majority of americans live in has to be gigantic, or they only poll in retirement homes.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You don't want hugging?

And how are people going to have sex? Through a hole in the wall?
    I swear Demolition Man was ahead of it's time on so many things lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Universal sick leave will get almost passed, then narrowly blocked by republicans in the end.

Video conferencing will become more of a normal thing, merely because millions who never used it are using it right now, including me.

Some businesses that were already on the brink will close (gamestop)

Other than those, I don't think anything will change in the longer term. We're too dumb, too tribal, too divided, to learn lessons from this.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/VoteInOrOut...voted_against/ (republicans narrowly defeat sick leave bill).

Ask me anything about the future =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Restaurants not in a business relationship with Doordash. Adapt or die.

Depends on how much longer this drags on for. If we only have another 3 to 4 weeks of this then not a whole hell of a lot. At work its almost reactionary to reach out and shake a persons hand so I believe it will be back as soon as this is over. Mostly we will be seeing cut backs by the government now. I could see a change to medicare and medicade and possibly some other things. I think we are doing enough right now for people for a quick rebound of spending if we can get back to work soon. If this drags on for more into the July time frame because, at least in the US, this new $600 added to UI, if people refuse to go back to work and the UI system is to busy to force people off a ton of small businesses will die.

I think hotspots will see a drop in population and areas where there were few or no cases will see a rise in population.

Capitalism, with any luck.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    shopping malls.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Capitalism, with any luck.
    Neoliberalism, i hope.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    shopping malls.
    I have to wonder if they won't make a big comeback.

Hopefully the US' shitty healthcare system. And unfortunately some family-owned small restaurants.

My faith in humanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Another thing that won't come back...Governor Murphy's favorable public opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I have to wonder if they won't make a big comeback.
    what exactly do they provide outside of teenage socializing that internet shopping doesn't. the only thing i can think of is sometimes they host unique kiosks that has stuff that you can;t get anywhere else like certain kinds fresh popcorn or stuff like that. but then if they really wanted to they could just package that and put up a website no?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Hopefully the US' shitty healthcare system. And unfortunately some family-owned small restaurants.
    the one we have around here is pretty abysmal and has mostly a 65+ clientele who have a distinct lack of taste buds. the only decent item on the menu is their breakfast items and even that is pretty meh. i am worried about the ethnic food restaurants in the nearby towns though. they are my favorite place to get indian food.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.