Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Dude, why you persisting on categorizing people. "If not that, then this", is pretty a low effort statement.

As I said earlier, I am all in for Arrakoa and they were not in the RTS. Same with Vyrkuls, or Setharks, etc.

But Tortollans are pretty lame race imo; inserted into the game only to fill the empty role of Kirin'tor, in giving lame WQs in BFA. You can like them as much as you so desire; that's not my problem :P
    Im biased because I love tortles in the D&D setting

Tortollan would be just as fun imo

Racial s include
    Withdraw: withdraw back into your shell for 80% damage reduction and 100% movement penalty

Shell bash: ram your target with your shell stunning for 3 seconds

Traveling merchants: summon a friendly tortollan to sell your items to

Classes
    Monk
    Warrior
    Shaman
    Hunter
    DK
    Mage

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    Pretty sure they use the goblin or dwarf skeleton
    I just based it off of the animations

The running is panda

Except Tortollans are terrible.
    You can't compare a race like Arrakoa with a fully dedicated zone, dungeon, world boss, story and lore, with a bunch of random turtles giving very boring WQs, just for the sake of pathfinder. The equivalent of Arrakoa in BFA are Sethark I suppose.

On the side note, the music of Spires of Arak alone is better than the entire BFA expansion. :P
    Finally someone who also enjoys ingame music. TBC Zangarmarsh is best btw. Cant wait to lvl a new character there when Shadowlands drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    I'm not inserting any headcannon RP anywhere. Night Elves live for thousand of years WITHOUT the Well of Eternity or Nordrassil. Blood Elves live for 3000+ years as well. Draenei live fucking tens of thousands of years. Sure, there are races that don't live as long but the Tortollans really emphacise how amazing they are for living mere 2000 years old, when in fact they are mere amateurs compared to some of the other Warcraft races.

I double checked the Beachhead quest to be sure. Indeed they don't mention the balance of life so I take that back. Let the WQs be. Still, their sense of humour and questlines full of parody aren't much to my liking. I am playing a Fantasy RPG with gore and all. I want it to be serious. Immersive. I don't want my immersion to be disrupted by silly jokes and cringy dialogues.
    It doesn't matter how long your race CAN live when someone is talking directly to you. There's nothing but headcanon of you saying "I'm over 15,000 years old so don't talk to me like that." Like I said, your night elf character could be just a few decades old. In short "night elves CAN live for thousands of years therefore all night elves are thousands of years old" is simply you projecting.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Im biased because I love tortles in the D&D setting

Tortollan would be just as fun imo

Racial s include
    Withdraw: withdraw back into your shell for 80% damage reduction and 100% movement penalty

Shell bash: ram your target with your shell stunning for 3 seconds

Traveling merchants: summon a friendly tortollan to sell your items to

Classes
    Monk
    Warrior
    Shaman
    Hunter
    DK
    Mage

- - - Updated - - -

I just based it off of the animations

The running is panda
    Those racials look pretty cool man

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Piertje1984 View Post
    Finally someone who also enjoys ingame music. TBC Zangarmarsh is best btw. Cant wait to lvl a new character there when Shadowlands drops.
    You can level up one there right now. Why waiting for something with unknown date! :P

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It doesn't matter how long your race CAN live when someone is talking directly to you. There's nothing but headcanon of you saying "I'm over 15,000 years old so don't talk to me like that." Like I said, your night elf character could be just a few decades old. In short "night elves CAN live for thousands of years therefore all night elves are thousands of years old" is simply you projecting.
    And just because Tortollans as a race can live for 1-2 thousand years, doesn't mean they have to brag in the face of every single adventurer they meet, especially considering that their 1-2 thousand years is nothing compared to some other races/creatures that the adventures interact with on a daily basis.

Those racials look pretty cool man

- - - Updated - - -

You can level up one there right now. Why waiting for something with unknown date! :P

Thanks and I didn’t add this but I really want them to make archaeology matter again and that would be the perfect race to have a buff

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Thanks and I didn’t add this but I really want them to make archaeology matter again and that would be the perfect race to have a buff
    Not sure, but i think Dwarfs already have plus points in Arch. They are excavating all the time anyway!

And just because Tortollans as a race can live for 1-2 thousand years, doesn't mean they have to brag in the face of every single adventurer they meet, especially considering that their 1-2 thousand years is nothing compared to some other races/creatures that the adventures interact with on a daily basis.
    And when you made a pandaren and walked through town the people were amazed at the idea they were real. You can't forget our player character is a very exceptional individual. Living 1-2 thousand years on Zandalar they've seen everything there is to see there, not everything there is to see period. They're big fish in small pond so to speak.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And when you made a pandaren and walked through town the people were amazed at the idea they were real. You can't forget our player character is a very exceptional individual. Living 1-2 thousand years on Zandalar they've seen everything there is to see there, not everything there is to see period. They're big fish in small pond so to speak.
    Are you arguing with me or backing up my statement ?

Are you arguing with me or backing up my statement ?
    I'm saying that as far as they're concerned they have seen it all. Yes, it comes out as presumptuous that they're talking down to us, because we are basically an outside context problem. We, and the things we've seen, are the space flea from nowhere. Tvtropes is your friend. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    In BFA I liked the Sethrak a lot, and Stewards in BFA are looking to be pretty fun as well. And though it's not really relevant to Shadowlands specifically, at some point in WoW I'd like to see them take a shot at making frog-people. I think that could be fun.
    oh yes, imagine the memes 0,o

Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    Every expansion has a new Race of NPCs that aren’t really advertised with the expansion but always become a fan favorite during and after it, BfA had Tortollans, WoD and TBC both had the Arrakoa, corrupted and uncorrupted as well as the Botani, WotLK had the Vrykul, what cool flavorful new race could SL have in store (owl bros)
    I don't consider tortollans, botani nor vrykul as a fan favorite.

Tortollans are interesting, but have a little bit too much of that Saturday morning cartoon vibe to them, same as pandaren and loremaster chen and their obnoxious granfatherly "know more than you" attitude, which is totally out of place in Warcraft.
    Same as vulpera and a bunch of other shit in BFA. Snake people were cool.

I can't remember jack shit about botani other than "did they really copy paste the Sylvari from Guild Wars 2?".

Vrykul...whatever, big viking inspired dudes, not much to say therebut cool architecture.

Arrakoa are a whole different story. Excellent lore, presentation and personalities. Fantastic voice acting and character models.
    Architecture was lacking versus what they showed in fan art.

Shadowlands so far has nothing interesting.
    Those fairy shits are already crossed off my list, they're about as Warcraft as my little pony. Let me guess, they'll be all about love and harmony and talk in sing song high pitched voices full of random laughteer.

Owl people could be cool, if they have more to them other just being owls.

Can't remember anything else noteworthy from the trailer.

Oh yeah, more norse mythology people...great.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    Pretty sure they use the goblin or dwarf skeleton
    ...Universal Race Skeleton is fully implemented. they use the URS instead of any "race skeleton" now.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Defend View Post
    Every expansion has a new Race of NPCs that aren’t really advertised with the expansion but always become a fan favorite during and after it, BfA had Tortollans, WoD and TBC both had the Arrakoa, corrupted and uncorrupted as well as the Botani, WotLK had the Vrykul, what cool flavorful new race could SL have in store (owl bros)
    Did any one like the boring turtles and helping crabs and collecting shells? that hearthstone meme that went overboard.

I think the dark angelic beings we saw in bastion sound like the opposite of the normal spirit healers, I am quite interested in those.
    And ofc the Venthyr.. I know I will love those vampires.