Thread: Affixes in PvP

Affixes in PvP

How would you feel if Blizz added rotating affixes (like in Mythic+) to rated PvP. They don't have to be the same that we have in Mythic+

You can select to activate it or not and get matched against respective groups.

Would be a horrendous way to split the playerbase up

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    How would you feel if Blizz added rotating affixes (like in Mythic+) to rated PvP. They don't have to be the same that we have in Mythic+

I would like if they test it in a brawl, that would be fun, and if people like it sure put it in.
    brawls are a good way to test things, i hope in shadowlands they make an actual "PVP against bots" mode at all times.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's a good approach if you want to make a completely unused and unbalanced game mode that no one will ever play, i.e. a new dead game mode.

It's a trash idea.

PvPers don't want RNG and stupid gimmicky effects. We want balanced classes as well as fun and complex class design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ew, sounds like a way to make already poor PvP even worse.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Thanks god you are not making pvp in this game

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I would like if they test it in a brawl, that would be fun, and if people like it sure put it in.
    brawls are a good way to test things, i hope in shadowlands they make an actual "PVP against bots" mode at all times.
    "PVP against bots" Do you even know what "PvP" stands for?

maybe not rated, but casual? Sure. Wouldn't mind some variation of bolstering or exploding players

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    "PVP against bots" Do you even know what "PvP" stands for?
    Yes, player versus player...
    but we already have PVP against bots, in many, many games, league of legends if a pvp game, so is overwatch, but they have practice modes against AI.

Yes, player versus player...
    but we already have PVP against bots, in many, many games, league of legends if a pvp game, so is overwatch, but they have practice modes against AI.
    No. That's not PvP, again you clearly don't understand what "player versus player" means.

All those games have are PvE practice modes with essentially no rewards.
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2020-04-07 at 04:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    No. That's not PvP, again you clearly don't understand what "player versus player" means.

Those are practice modes without rewards.
    "Without rewards" Uhhh not even close to true.
    Dota, hots, league of legends, overwatch, etc. you can play these "pvp" games versus bots and get rewards.
    even look to wow, they have a pvp versus bots mode that SURPRISE! gives you rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

All those games have are PvE practice modes with essentially no rewards.
    Oh look you changed it to "essentially no rewards"
    Ok and? So wow would have the same, but lets make this "PVP AI" as a perma thing, instead of just a "every so often"

"Without rewards" Uhhh not even close to true.
    Dota, hots, league of legends, overwatch, etc. you can play these "pvp" pve games versus bots and get rewards.
    Lol. I would like to see anyone farm PvE bot practice mode in LoL/Rocket League/CS/Dota to get any kind of serious rewards. There's a reason the reward rate is essentially 0 compared to, you know, PvP.

even look to wow, they have a pvp pve versus bots mode that SURPRISE! gives you rewards.
    Yeah, you can give all the PvE rewards you want for PvE content. Shouldn't be PvP rewards though. Massive mistake and slap in the face to all actual PvPers.

Oh look you changed it to "essentially no rewards"
    Ok and? So wow would have the same, but lets make this "PVP PVE AI" as a perma thing, instead of just a "every so often"
    There can be a permanent PvE practice mode for all I care. But it shouldn't give PvP Brawl rewards, and it shouldn't be marketed as PvP content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol. I would like to see anyone farm PvE bot practice mode in LoL/Rocket League/CS/Dota to get any kind of serious rewards. There's a reason the reward rate is essentially 0 compared to, you know, PvP.

Yeah, you can give all the PvE rewards you want for PvE content. Shouldn't be PvP rewards though. Massive mistake and slap in the face to all actual PvPers.

There can be a permanent PvE practice mode for all I care. But it shouldn't give PvP Brawl rewards, and it shouldn't be marketed as PvP content.
    Essenstially 0, not even close, i played bot lol for years and got a fair bit of stuff. even overwatch grants a fair bit of rewards, hell even hots give JUST AS MUCH in vs ai then vs players.

sounds like your mad cause you dont want more people doing PVP, cause then htey may realize how bad u are.

10+ Year Old Account

Hell no, PvP is in a poor enough state as it is and the playerbase doesn't need dividing.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Essenstially 0, not even close, i played bot lol for years and got a fair bit of stuff. even overwatch grants a fair bit of rewards, hell even hots give JUST AS MUCH in vs ai then vs players.
    Mentioning HOTS and Overwatch as good games to base your PvP reward systems around

And no, you did not get a "fair bit of stuff" playing PvE in LoL. You got essentially nothing for the time you spent.

sounds like your mad cause you dont want more people doing PVP, cause then htey may realize how bad u are.
    Trust me, I have no confidence issues with my skills. However, to me it sounds like you're screaming and crying because you want PvP rewards for doing dogshit easy PvE content. Maybe you're the one with confidence issues since you don't want to do actual PvP to get PvP rewards?

Again, you can keep your ez-mode PvE practice mode if you want, but without PvP rewards.

100% No. And again just to be sure No.
    Absolutely terrible idea

Quote Originally Posted by Atrieus View Post
    100% No. And again just to be sure No.
    Absolutely terrible idea
    What about making it like a permanent brawl?

Unranked fun. I would opt-in. It makes every week feel different and refreshing. Maybe just 1 affix per week?

What about making it like a permanent brawl?

Unranked fun. I would opt-in. It makes every week feel different and refreshing. Maybe just 1 affix per week?
    I think there is enough people here saying No.
    Honestly I'm all for good ideas and help.promote them but this is by far what we need in the game.