Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    first part: thanks god. if this would be meant serious (ofc it was, i assume, from the poster in the original post) you would make me scary. so, all fine and a good joke on the costs of some racist. well done.

PS: since you made me laugh by that, i have something to laugh for you too: MMOC infracted me for the question i asked you about the signature. i dont know why and, for the first time in my life, i sent a private msg to a mod, asking why. i totally dont care about the infraction but i am really curious why i got infracted. maybe they missinterpreted that as Trolling or because of the wording, because i am not a native english speaker. nonetheless: funny
    Yeah i think a mod must have been confused at what you were saying and thought it was racially charged. but yeah talking about mod stuff is likely to get more infractions as its not good for rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    We talked what little I for we had to death months ago, several times, it became so circular a conversation even the most brain dead posters could tell we were trodding the same ground. Then as nothing new came out, not even a peep or nugget new to talk about, eventualy there simply is nothing to talk about.
    yeah pretty much this. you can only talk about 1 thing for so long before it just becomes theories or "saying the same thing that has been said many times before"
    Once we can actualy play/datamine it, these forms are going to be FILLED to the brim with shadowlands discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yeah i think a mod must have been confused at what you were saying and thought it was racially charged. but yeah talking about mod stuff is likely to get more infractions as its not good for rules.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah pretty much this. you can only talk about 1 thing for so long before it just becomes theories or "saying the same thing that has been said many times before"
    Once we can actualy play/datamine it, these forms are going to be FILLED to the brim with shadowlands discussion.
    I mean we've been through the standard phases a number of times all ready on stuff like the further char customization, covenants and torgast.

First we get all hyped.

Then we talk about the specifics we know. And each clarifiy any confusions we had and also fill in what each other might have missed.

Then we theorise possible logical extensions that might happen from it. What shape x festure might take depending on the data we have.

Once that's reached its end
    Then we get the crack pots in fantasy land adding in there wild speculations or trying to perform so logic back flips to link x known feature to some part of there wish listing.

Then there's some arguments to put the lala posters them back in there asylums.

Things go quiet for bit.

And then if there's no new news it's just an endless loop of the odd cookoo poster projecting there fantasys's or general silence / talking around the subject like "how does data mainkng work" or "why is blizz not saying anything"

Usualy by now we would have some new news to discuss though, to reset the hype and give us something legitimate to discuss and drown out the "here 50 reasons why enhanced char customizations actualy means we're getting my fantasy of playable akora" posts.....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    I mean we've been through the standard phases a number of times all ready on stuff like the further char customization, covenants and torgast.

First we get all hyped.

Then we talk about the specifics we know. And each clarifiy any confusions we had and also fill in what each other might have missed.

Then we theorise possible logical extensions that might happen from it. What shape x festure might take depending on the data we have.

Once that's reached its end
    Then we get the crack pots in fantasy land adding in there wild speculations or trying to perform so logic back flips to link x known feature to some part of there wish listing.

Then there's some arguments to put the lala posters them back in there asylums.

Things go quiet for bit.

And then if there's no new news it's just an endless loop of the odd cookoo poster projecting there fantasys's or general silence / talking around the subject like "how does data mainkng work" or "why is blizz not saying anything"

Usualy by now we would have some new news to discuss though, to reset the hype and give us something legitimate to discuss and drown out the "here 50 reasons why enhanced char customizations actualy means we're getting my fantasy of playable akora" posts.....
    So btw, alpha would be in our hands already if not for the whole pandemic going on, caused a big chunk of time lost to get all their staff able to work from home, you would not imagine how long that takes to get everyone set up with their programs at home and troubleshoot the obvious issues to come, as the office computers are easy to tell, but whne you get to the home computer... there is so many, laptops, computers, macs, linux, custom made and prebuilt. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

- - - Updated - - -

first part: oh oh, thats not good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    Well they've barely showed us anything. While I am excited for Shadowlands I'd say we're still pretty much in the dark.
    Fitting considering it's SHADOWlands

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    If it was actually true you wouldn't be getting triggered and saying things like people are "clouded" and "misremembering" what they like. Nice try though.
    Completely incorrect. Stating facts doesn't require one to be "triggered." Most people do grossly misremember how awful Legion was in the beginning and are clouding their memories based upon the final major patch. You're clearly one of them, and you're the one who gets "triggered" when it's pointed out, ranting and raving like a lunatic.

Nice try though.

So btw, alpha would be in our hands already if not for the whole pandemic going on, caused a big chunk of time lost to get all their staff able to work from home, you would not imagine how long that takes to get everyone set up with their programs at home and troubleshoot the obvious issues to come, as the office computers are easy to tell, but whne you get to the home computer... there is so many, laptops, computers, macs, linux, custom made and prebuilt. etc.
    I know Im a software dev haha. Though I work form home on and off regularly so my set up was simply just plugging in my works laptop.

I don't know what blizz has infrastructure wise, how well they were all ready set up for flexible working / how draconian there Managment was on flexible working befor covid. So it's mostly speculation, the company I work for lost roughly 2 days of productivity, but we were allready set up for remote working and irregular working times as the company is younger and has a more progressive view on tech and workers rights. My freind who's in the same industry has had a nightmare as he works for an old tech company that had Alot of older Managment with more old draconian policy's on flexy time and flexible working and they lost a good 2 weeks productivity to covid just getting everything working right and they still arn't 100% productive due to issues with there systems.

I'd imagine that Atleast blizz would have let them take there office machines, likely laptops home and that they are modern enough that they hae access to virtual machines run from a beefy server. I do wish more of there devs used Linux though, we might actualy get some support for Linux and vulcan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Completely incorrect. Stating facts doesn't require one to be "triggered." Most people do grossly misremember how awful Legion was in the beginning and are clouding their memories based upon the final major patch. You're clearly one of them, and you're the one who gets "triggered" when it's pointed out, ranting and raving like a lunatic.

Nice try though.
    Then tell me with your facts what part of legion I didn't enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to see some new videos before I can get hyped. But haven't heard or seen anything since Blizzcon.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I mean, the trailer got me pretty unhyped. More of Sylvie's monologues, yeah no thanks. There are epic monologues like in the WotLK trailer or MoP trailer. And there are edgy, selfrighteous ones, like in the SL and BfA trailer (whereas BfA kinda made sense and was not as obnoxious). So yeah, SL is the only expansion that stopped my excitement with the trailer rather than increasing it.
    Whatever. Sylvanas was also the star for the BfA cinematic and we saw B list characters more than her in the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

There's so few videos about it.
    There's such little online discussion about it.
    There are next to ZERO Blueposts about the expansion.
    Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.
    There's been zero information on it since early November... it's now April idk what you're expecting. For people to talk about nothing?

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas?

Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    The game was always going to be released in very late 2020. Then a global pandemic happened (and is still going on). I wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed until 2021. Stop worrying about it, it's not going to do you any favors.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Whatever. Sylvanas was also the star for the BfA cinematic and we saw B list characters more than her in the expansion.
    yeah, look how BfA turned out...

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post

Nice try though.
    So the facts are YOU know how OTHER people feel and remember things. You really don't know what a fact really is do you?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    Retail is dead and Shadowlands looks super lame. I dont think there is much they can do at this point. WoW needs a new lead on the game.
    retail is not dead, and shadowlands look like nothing because we haven't seen any gameplay of the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    1. 8.3 is a final patch.
    2. that means N'zoth was a final boss of an expansion
    3. C'thun wasn't even a final boss of Vanilla. Neither was Yogg.
    4. How things have been set up, we'll probably be seeing N'zoth again sooner rather than later.
    5. Only a method fanboi like you would call this a trash patch because Limit won
    Neither C'thun nor Yogg were free in their full form.
    Seeing N'Zoth again would just show how bad WoW has become because nothing has any real impact and every death is meaningless.

I am assuming you mean 5. as a joke because I am really, really not interested in World First races at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    N'Zoth will be back. He was fully aware of his betrayal by Azshara, and he was the one who emptied Xal'atath of its previous occupant in 8.1 and then personally ordered Horde players to deliver it to Sylvanas. A part of him likely now resides within Xal'atath.
    Nice, so 8.3 was completely meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Neither C'thun nor Yogg were free in their full form.
    Seeing N'Zoth again would just show how bad WoW has become because nothing has any real impact and every death is meaningless.

I am assuming you mean 5. as a joke because I am really, really not interested in World First races at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, so 8.3 was completely meaningless.
    Not exactly. Azeroth not being actively infected by Old Gods is good news. Just ignore the massive sword sticking out of Silithus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Get ready, hype incoming.....

Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

There's so few videos about it.
    There's such little online discussion about it.
    There are next to ZERO Blueposts about the expansion.
    Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    Stfu and get the fuck out.

In all honesty if I had to venture a guess:

1) Blizzcon was in November. Not a great deal was announced. What was, just wasn’t spectacular.

2) Everything was talked to death immediately.

3) Holidays, typical Blizzard non-communication and then the Coronavirus has led to many saying “don’t care enough to sit on the edge of my seat”.

4) BFA has seen a large number of people leave, at least in my own communities and experience. It’s not dead, but many have simply left saying “it’s up to Blizzard to pull me back in, and not with a similar expansion; if not I wish them well forever”.

5) As WoW sits still development wise, other better games have already come and gone. Too many things compete for our time as consumers. Wow just isn’t competing with The Mandalorian, The Curse of Oak Island, writing my own 5e DND campaign, creating a toilet paper fort, and social distancing myself from my wife who now works from home.

6) No news is not always good news. Turning 15 year old content into “repeatable content” via allied races or “new leveling paths” which just so happen to be the same leveling paths I’ve played for the past 15 years with all of my maxed out classes/races on both factions.... I’m sorry, but it’s not “new”. Same old shit I’ve already paid for a thousand times over, just new packaging. I already paid for the “new abilities” they are bringing back after cutting them for “reasons”.

You GOT me for years Blizzard. But you shall get me no longer until you bring new story (actually worth a damn), new proper systems that don’t F over the player for months on end while you “wait for feedback”, and actually reinvest in community and I don’t mean the lackluster “communities” feature. The best thing you have done feature wise in 3 years is updating the auction house. I mean christ, you’re just now adding TomTom to the game. What year did TomTom come out again? Was it before the first or second launch of FF14? Yeah. That’s right. Another company had time to completely reinvent and launch their own game in the time it took for a quest functionality upgrade (that was already working because some one not working at blizzard wrote the script).

Happy Fucking Day.

You all stay healthy.