Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ppl will be around. as always. but if you count them, i will bet a pizza, your counted number will be much much smaller than before Legion AND before BfA.
    ok?

And you felt the need to tell me that, why exactly?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    By reading your post i consider myself lucky
    Because i only like to PvP and WoW is my MOBA game.
    So i almost never get tired of playing.

I just did today 5 conquest point caps with my Brewmaster Monk in 2v2...got 1450 rating ROFLMAO, im happy for it
    thats a point of view and a way of wow gaming that could work i am glad for you and hey, if its fine for you, enjoy it. nothing wrong here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    ok?

And you felt the need to tell me that, why exactly?

no special reason. it just sounded like you wanna say „ey, the ppl will come and then your hype comes“. and i just thought by myself „yes ppl and hype will come, but just half the ppl, so hype will not be that giant“. thats all. nothing special here.

Hearing nothing for 5 months has killed the hype for me a bit.

HURRAY SHADOWLANDS!!!!!!
    GO SHADOWLANDS!!!!!
    S
    H
    A
    D
    O
    W
    L
    A
    N
    D
    S
    !!!!
    GO SHADOWLANDS!!!!!!

How did I do hype it enough?

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    I'm actually pretty excited about the stuff they announced at Blizzcon. I'm also excited to see how M+ continues to grow and what kind of stuff they'll add in upcoming seasons - new dungeons to learn, new keys to run. And new raids. That's pretty decent value from a expac. Looking forward to it.
    you are right. it should be „...imo, a lot of players have not so big interests in...“. this way it would be better worded and not exclude ppl like you. not EVERY one on this planet has enough from current wow concepts. i dont wana generalize here.

you are the living proof that my statement was too „i know what ALL ppl think“...

thx for clarifying

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

There's so few videos about it.
    There's such little online discussion about it.
    There are next to ZERO Blueposts about the expansion.
    Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    TBH, what about the expansion are we supposed to get excited about?

It has 5 new zones, a city, Sanctums (which sounds about the same as class halls, but only 4 this time instead of one for each class), a never-ending dungeon which will definitely be more repetitive than is being sold, and some tweaks to leveling.

Seriously, that's it. No new class and no new races (not that allied races were really new races either). Nothing about big changes to classes, just adding some abilities back...which potentially makes it the 3rd expansion in a row with the same class approach.

The expansion really does smell like Legion 3.0 (or perhaps Legion 1.75 for the most cynical among us). There is no indication that Blizz is putting anymore effort into this expansion than they did with BfA...in fact, there is some indication that Blizz is putting even less effort into Shadowlands than they did for BfA.

Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands?
    Tell Blizz to release more info. What's there to be hype about?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post

Do what FF14 does, because when it comes to narrative pacing, that stuff works *way* better than WoW.

This. I know some people on these boards lose their shit when I compare WoW to FFXIV, but there is no half year long empty shit.

The reveal is spaced over 3 events in three consecutive months. Sometimes after the last reveal we get the x.5 patch which is always a lead in to the next expansion. Said last patch comes in three part in three months following each other to make sure you have something new to play even two months after the normal sized last patch. 3 and a half months after that, the new expansion launches.

The lack of hype is just one of the many harbingers of a failed, filler expansion, you mark my words.

What is there to be hyped about? New zones, dungeons, factions, raid, lore? Taken for granted, long ago. No class, no races, no nothing. Just a potentially interesting tower.

Ah yes, the promises to "get everything right this time", only no specifics, as usual. And more of the same lazy design - no tier sets and timegates just two examples. Paired with the usual, non-apologetic Ion's approach of "we like how BfA turned out", we got a recipe for disaster: the worst expansion yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrja View Post
    Hearing nothing for 5 months has killed the hype for me a bit.
    Wouldn't say it killed my hype but their communication plan surely is garbage

Things we know about Shadowlands:

-has zones for questing
    -has max level zone
    -same classes (likely no changes)
    -mythic+
    -raids
    -pvp
    -has a tower for fighting
    -Owls

Why would anyone be hyped?

Edit: with the exception of the last 2, basically the same game we've been playing for 4 years.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    Because i am more hyped for Eso Greymoor, Gw2 Cantha, New World, ashes of creation and lotro's next expension.

I mean you've seen the reveal?

It's just more sylvanas being the super absolute most awesome bestest once again.

That shit got tiring a long time ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    This. I know some people on these boards lose their shit when I compare WoW to FFXIV, but there is no half year long empty shit.

The reveal is spaced over 3 events in three consecutive months. Sometimes after the last reveal we get the x.5 patch which is always a lead in to the next expansion. Said last patch comes in three part in three months following each other to make sure you have something new to play even two months after the normal sized last patch. 3 and a half months after that, the new expansion launches.
    If blizzard did that people would screech out of their lungs about timegated content.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account

because we have nothing to see yet.
    As a content creator let me step in for a moment

1. "No videos about it"- cause there is nothing to make videos on. All the info at blizzcon was made to death, at this point we need something to actually play to be able to make videos on it
    2. "Little online discussion" - again, cause its all been spoken about, we cant theorize all day every day, it gets boring, we are waiting till alpha/beta and then discussion will come back up.
    3. "ZERO blueposts" - again cause nothing is out...
    4. "All time low" YES CAUSE THERE IS NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT cause we are waiting till the alpha comes out so we actually have stuff to talk about.
    should we talk about lotr 7? its not out yet, nor is there litwerally 0 info about it, but we gotta talk about it, or else lotr is a failure.
    also BFA 3.0? what was BFA 2.0?

Why is it taking so long? idk if you know, but the world is in a pandemic right now, everything is at a stand still...

With the alpha on the horizion we are prepping TONS of shadowlands videos, writing scripts and ideas, with simply stuff just needing to be plugged in, and stuff finished, text fixed and footage added. But right now there is no intrest, cause there is no actual content.

we need something to actually talk about... to talk, cause right now there is nothing to talk about that is not old news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    I’d love to be hyped over it but it’s almost April and we don’t even have alpha yet. At the point it’s going to be a 2021 release, there isn’t enough time left this year to listen to feedback from players and implement it to the game.
    idk if you know but alpha isnt usually something we "have" it is something done by friends and family, usually tight knit.
    it seems like, or is likely atleast that with shadowlands they may be keeping alpha hidden to just the people, and will skip straight to beta, which for example
    Legion=august 30
    Legion beta= may

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's the most ridiculous and bare-bones expansion yet, directly battling Warlords of Draenor in that regard. Plus the lackluster announcement and people being driven away by BfA already - general interest in retail is low and Shadowlands doesn't change that because it looks... bland and boring.
    oh shit your in the alpha? wow man, lucky you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    We just know next to nothing and everything we know about was pretty much speculated to death in the first week after the announcment. Usually after such an announcment we are drip-fed leaks and alpha/beta datamined stuff. We have nothing of the sort atm, so there is just nothing to talk about.
    This is pretty much it.

Nothing to discuss.. and to speculate is fun to a certaint point then it becomes a bowl of headcanon which no one realy wants.

Their biggest talking point at blizzcon was "Player Agency" and this is by far the worst issue the game has, so I am excited but we don't know much.

I am worried it will just be the same shit new expansion. World quests, daily emmesaries, M+, 4 raid difficulties, "Seasons" with catch up mechanics, people selling boosts for Token gold (techincally P2W)... I don't see any evidence any of these things will change, and it's really heartbreaking for me personally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    What's there to get excited about?

Never before done features?
    Gameplay overhauls oriented towards fun?
    AI improvements?
    New classes?
    Different ways of playing the game?
    Better lore/writing?
    More focus on players helping each other?

This is a serious fucking question: what's supposed to excite you after all the broken promises and unfounded hype of every expansion since Vanilla?

You'll log in grind rep, get bored, log in another character like a conditioned lab rat, or go to another game till next patch.
    Fixed that for you burner account.
    wow has been this way since day 1. they promise things they cant make in, and it happens in all game dev. you log in, grind, log out, thats literally the game since day fucking 1, dont pretend cata suddenly invented this, its been a major thing since vanilla, look to classic, many people have quit cause... you log in... do your raid... log out for a week...
    The game has made massive promises it has been unable to keep forever, look to demon hunters, runecrafting, dance studio, expanded guild levels, necromancers, death knight being special, aerial pvp combat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ppl will be around. as always. but if you count them, i will bet a pizza, your counted number will be much much smaller than before Legion AND before BfA.
    you say that, but people said that about legion "will be much lower then before wod"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    The reveal is spaced over 3 events in three consecutive months.
    Sounds like timegating.
    sure try to sell MORE time gating to the playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Wouldn't say it killed my hype but their communication plan surely is garbage
    every expansion does this but k.
    just shadowlands has been a bit longer then others.

Well, I am personally quite hyped, and by that, I have just invalidated your whole thread OP.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Their biggest talking point at blizzcon was "Player Agency" and this is by far the worst issue the game has, so I am excited but we don't know much.

I am worried it will just be the same shit new expansion. World quests, daily emmesaries, M+, 4 raid difficulties, "Seasons" with catch up mechanics, people selling boosts for Token gold (techincally P2W)... I don't see any evidence any of these things will change, and it's really heartbreaking for me personally.
    World quests- better version something in since tbc
    daily emmisarries- better version something in since tbc
    M+ -better version of something been in since vanilla
    4 raid difficulties- so you rather have what vanilla has where everyone completes the raid week 1 then there is 0 content for 5 months?
    Catch up mechanics- been in since vanilla
    people selling boosts for gold- been in since vanila

no, there is no evidence for any of these to change, as these have been in almost 14 years, if you dislike those, why have you played so long?