Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    What's there to get excited about?

    Never before done features?
    Gameplay overhauls oriented towards fun?
    AI improvements?
    New classes?
    Different ways of playing the game?
    Better lore/writing?
    More focus on players helping each other?

    This is a serious fucking question: what's supposed to excite you after all the broken promises and unfounded hype of every expansion since Vanilla?

    You'll log in grind rep, get bored, log in another character like a conditioned lab rat, or go to another game till next patch.
    Fixed that for you burner account.
    wow has been this way since day 1. they promise things they cant make in, and it happens in all game dev. you log in, grind, log out, thats literally the game since day fucking 1, dont pretend cata suddenly invented this, its been a major thing since vanilla, look to classic, many people have quit cause... you log in... do your raid... log out for a week...
    The game has made massive promises it has been unable to keep forever, look to demon hunters, runecrafting, dance studio, expanded guild levels, necromancers, death knight being special, aerial pvp combat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    ppl will be around. as always. but if you count them, i will bet a pizza, your counted number will be much much smaller than before Legion AND before BfA.
    you say that, but people said that about legion "will be much lower then before wod"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    The reveal is spaced over 3 events in three consecutive months.
    Sounds like timegating.
    sure try to sell MORE time gating to the playerbase.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Wouldn't say it killed my hype but their communication plan surely is garbage
    every expansion does this but k.
    just shadowlands has been a bit longer then others.

  2. #62
    Well, I am personally quite hyped, and by that, I have just invalidated your whole thread OP.

  3. #63
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Their biggest talking point at blizzcon was "Player Agency" and this is by far the worst issue the game has, so I am excited but we don't know much.

    I am worried it will just be the same shit new expansion. World quests, daily emmesaries, M+, 4 raid difficulties, "Seasons" with catch up mechanics, people selling boosts for Token gold (techincally P2W)... I don't see any evidence any of these things will change, and it's really heartbreaking for me personally.
    World quests- better version something in since tbc
    daily emmisarries- better version something in since tbc
    M+ -better version of something been in since vanilla
    4 raid difficulties- so you rather have what vanilla has where everyone completes the raid week 1 then there is 0 content for 5 months?
    Catch up mechanics- been in since vanilla
    people selling boosts for gold- been in since vanila

    no, there is no evidence for any of these to change, as these have been in almost 14 years, if you dislike those, why have you played so long?

  4. #64
    It's just another expansion, really.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    World quests- better version something in since tbc
    daily emmisarries- better version something in since tbc
    M+ -better version of something been in since vanilla
    4 raid difficulties- so you rather have what vanilla has where everyone completes the raid week 1 then there is 0 content for 5 months?
    Catch up mechanics- been in since vanilla
    people selling boosts for gold- been in since vanila

    no, there is no evidence for any of these to change, as these have been in almost 14 years, if you dislike those, why have you played so long?
    World Quests, Tokens, Emmeisaries and M+ has been in the game for 14 years? I must have fallen into an unknowing coma

  6. #66
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    World Quests, Tokens, Emmeisaries and M+ has been in the game for 14 years? I must have fallen into an unknowing coma
    World quests+Emisarries are literally just dailies, but more open ended, you dont need to go turn them in, you dont need to go pick them up, you can see them on the map, and you can choose which 4 you wanna do, or to do ALL of them, instead of in the old days where you NEEDED to do all of them.

    Tokens? You said selling boosts for gold, which is 100% something that has been in the game since vanila.

    M+ is literally just dungeons, but you can keep doing them, instead of them becomign pointless 1 month into the expac.
    why do you want M+ removed? its literally just something extra you can do.

  7. #67
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    34,836
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    there WAS a lot of talk, and ther WERE quite a few videos ... when it was announced at blizzcon. we had no information since then, so obviously interest died down. expect talk to pick up again when more infos become available.
    This is so right on the nose...how the f... didn't OP figure that out and needed to make this superfluous topic?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    (potential BIS abilities being tied to the covenant you may not want to play for being the obvious one).
    There it is: The crippling toxicity that has destroyed this game by pressuring Blizzard to take anything remotely interesting and water it down.

  9. #69
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

    There's so few videos about it.
    There's such little online discussion about it.
    There are next to ZERO Blueposts about the expansion.
    Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.


    Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    Why would there be hype? There is nothing new. No new classes, no new races, no new features... the best they could come up with was weird cosmetic wings and even that choice will realistically be determined by your spec.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    There it is: The crippling toxicity that has destroyed this game by pressuring Blizzard to take anything remotely interesting and water it down.
    The problem is that the abilities should not be locked behind a specific covenant, that will only result in the vast majority of people picking the one that is best for their spec instead of one that actually looks interesting to them.

  10. #70
    High Overlord Godric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chorrol
    Posts
    183
    Its sad the only thing I’m excited for is the added customization for preexisting races and lets be honest - they’re going to suck. It’s WoW we’re talking about.
    Mighty one, never forget.

  11. #71
    Bloodsail Admiral Krawu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hamburg, Germany
    Posts
    1,064
    I'm kind of apathetic towards WoW currently. yeah I'm still subscribed and pop in occasionally, but right now I'm playing maybe 2 hours a week.

    It's just boring to me right now. Most of Blizzards recent promises turned out to be either lies over overhyped disappointments.

    As far as I'm concerned they need to seriously deliver before I'm showing any enthusiasm again. So I wait for Shadowlands, hoping for the best while fully expecting the worst.

  12. #72
    Legendary! Obelisk Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The north of Ireland
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    There it is: The crippling toxicity that has destroyed this game by pressuring Blizzard to take anything remotely interesting and water it down.
    If you can't see the problems of tying a system, Covenants, whose rewards are primarily aesthetic in nature, to abilities that may have a gigantic impact on how your character plays, then that is on you.

    Personally, I'd rather have an actual choice when it comes to Covenants, one build around my tastes and preferences, than having that choice dictated by a calculator decreeing 'X' is the best ability you must have (how that is interesting is beyond me). Far worse if that choice is one I otherwise would not have made.

    No, this is a problem in their proposed design and it is my sincere hope that they have fixed this problem since Blizzcon exposed it.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    World quests+Emisarries are literally just dailies, but more open ended, you dont need to go turn them in, you dont need to go pick them up, you can see them on the map, and you can choose which 4 you wanna do, or to do ALL of them, instead of in the old days where you NEEDED to do all of them.

    Tokens? You said selling boosts for gold, which is 100% something that has been in the game since vanila.

    M+ is literally just dungeons, but you can keep doing them, instead of them becomign pointless 1 month into the expac.
    why do you want M+ removed? its literally just something extra you can do.
    Dailies as a concept is just something I don't enjoy.

    Tokens = P2W because of these boosters accepting gold for HC Nya boosts. Before tokens, earning gold was something that mattered, not just putting in your credit card info. If gold matters, suddenly things like Proffessions matters, and you spend time earning gold. From my brain, it does not make sense to spend 10s of hours to earn gold if I can just work 1 hour extra and afford the same amount.

    M+ makes people feel forced to do them instead of raiding. It's also time pressured and more a Diablo 3 mechanic than a WoW mechanic. It makes Raiding less valuable and it makes people that only like raiding feel pressured to do this. Many people also don't think beating the same dungeon over and over again with different HP+DMG scaling is satisfying. Beating a boss = done with the content.

  14. #74
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    Dailies as a concept is just something I don't enjoy.

    Tokens = P2W because of these boosters accepting gold for HC Nya boosts. Before tokens, earning gold was something that mattered, not just putting in your credit card info. If gold matters, suddenly things like Proffessions matters, and you spend time earning gold. From my brain, it does not make sense to spend 10s of hours to earn gold if I can just work 1 hour extra and afford the same amount.

    M+ makes people feel forced to do them instead of raiding. It's also time pressured and more a Diablo 3 mechanic than a WoW mechanic. It makes Raiding less valuable and it makes people that only like raiding feel pressured to do this. Many people also don't think beating the same dungeon over and over again with different HP+DMG scaling is satisfying. Beating a boss = done with the content.
    "Time pressured"
    So like pvp, and raiding, which also have time pressure
    "Kill this boss in X time or else he instant wipes you"
    also it doesent make raiders feel forced, it makes optimal players feel forced.
    is it better to have something that people feel forced, that allow for more content, or literally have dungeons become 100% useless once a person starts raiding?
    I say having as much content as possible "making people feel forced" is far better then having only 1 type of content.
    lol many people? you are a hivemind? i find that odd, as M+ is one of the most liked features of the last few years.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    There it is: The crippling toxicity that has destroyed this game by pressuring Blizzard to take anything remotely interesting and water it down.
    Well, if they don't water it down and it's BiS they'll see 99% of players are taking this certain covenant and they'll nerf it then they'll have a QQ storm on their hands from nerfing it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Fixed that for you burner account.
    wow has been this way since day 1. they promise things they cant make in, and it happens in all game dev. you log in, grind, log out, thats literally the game since day fucking 1, dont pretend cata suddenly invented this, its been a major thing since vanilla, look to classic, many people have quit cause... you log in... do your raid... log out for a week...
    The game has made massive promises it has been unable to keep forever, look to demon hunters, runecrafting, dance studio, expanded guild levels, necromancers, death knight being special, aerial pvp combat.

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Fixed that for you burner account.
    wow has been this way since day 1. they promise things they cant make in, and it happens in all game dev. you log in, grind, log out, thats literally the game since day fucking 1, dont pretend cata suddenly invented this, its been a major thing since vanilla, look to classic, many people have quit cause... you log in... do your raid... log out for a week...
    The game has made massive promises it has been unable to keep forever, look to demon hunters, runecrafting, dance studio, expanded guild levels, necromancers, death knight being special, aerial pvp combat.
    1. What's a burner account? Is that a veiled insult? I don't keep track with the new kids "cool" jargon.

    2. You missed the point: up until BC and WOTLK, many of us were still young, naive, and coming from the Warcraft RTS series, all 3 masterpieces of gaming history. We were expecting the same level of holy shit coming from Blizzard. Pre-BC was overall great, mostly due to not having any better counterparts. Coming from Everquest, it was like going from Doom to Call of Duty (the old ones).
    So I specified Cataclysm because that's when the rose tinted glasses really turned brown.

    We saw Illidan and Draenor in the trailer, we lost our shit.
    Then we played BC, and were left mostly with the fact that we now smelled like shit without much to show for it. Hypberbole of course, but depends.
    Quel'danas was a glorious hub of lore, art and cooperation. Grinding Ogri'la dailies was sandpaper masturbation. Illidan was handled like a bitch. The na'aru and spaceships was kind of fucking ridiculous, depending how much you wanted to allow yourself to distance yourself from your expectations of what Warcraft was in the RTSes.

    All in all, a "what the unholy fuck" coupled "with cooooool!" moments. It was confusing to be a Warcraft fan at that time.

    WOTLK trailer. Jizzful trailer. Jizzful cinematic. Arthas, front n center. Art. Gorgeous. Lore. Fuckin A. Ulduar, where did that come from? Incredible.
    Wrathgate. Oh god, this is Warcraft baby. Ok, questing is done, back to shit routine. Meh. ICC...deux ex Arthas killer...Arthas characterization makes no sense...what the fuck. Ok, great start, weird finish. Great overall content, nothing groundbreaking though.

    Cataclysm: lots of shit, lots of quality of life, nothing ground breaking, Thrall jesus, what the fuck, what is this cheap man's Wintergrasp for, meh, world revamp, cool, nicely done, a lot of new quests, much more fun than old ones, better pacing. Still was expecting...something more.
    Pandaria: what the fuck, literally world of dailies. Oh a group zone with jumping puzzles, look at us we're copying Guild Wars 2
    Warlords: how the fuck did you mess up Warcraft 2? (I guess Warcraft Reforged foreshadowing)
    Legion: hey, wanna feel like you're playing a MMO with people again?
    BFA: Cool! What the fuck is this shit! Cool! What the fuck is this shit! Cool! What the fuck is this shit!

    So I never claimed Cata invented it, it's just when a lot of people started to groan in definitive confusion

  17. #77
    Ah, the anti-hype hype circlejerk.

    There's a fucking 2k+ page thread and the expansion has its own fucking subforum. This is the most pointless thread that's ever existed.

  18. #78
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,218
    It’s a filler expansion. Underdeveloped as hell and behind schedule yet still likely to be squeezed out like the premature turd it is because Activision needs a fart to fill Q3-Q4. It’s why there’s no external alpha yet, Blizzcon was barebones, most of the features are just what we got in Legion and BfA with slight reskins and the writers are as incompetent as ever.

    What’s there to be hyped about?

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Time pressured"
    So like pvp, and raiding, which also have time pressure
    "Kill this boss in X time or else he instant wipes you"
    also it doesent make raiders feel forced, it makes optimal players feel forced.
    is it better to have something that people feel forced, that allow for more content, or literally have dungeons become 100% useless once a person starts raiding?
    I say having as much content as possible "making people feel forced" is far better then having only 1 type of content.
    lol many people? you are a hivemind? i find that odd, as M+ is one of the most liked features of the last few years.
    m8 you really want hard to disagree with me. Just take a second and see if you can see my perspective. I understand yours, and none of us "win" this discussion. I would be happy if you could just grasp the fact that I concider content done after beating it, even on the easiest difficulty, done. Is that so surreal to understand?

  20. #80
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It’s a filler expansion. Underdeveloped as hell and behind schedule yet still likely to be squeezed out like the premature turd it is because Activision needs a fart to fill Q3-Q4. It’s why there’s no external alpha yet, Blizzcon was barebones, most of the features are just what we got in Legion and BfA with slight reskins and the writers are as incompetent as ever.

    What’s there to be hyped about?
    man i wish i had your powers of fortune telling, if only.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    m8 you really want hard to disagree with me. Just take a second and see if you can see my perspective. I understand yours, and none of us "win" this discussion. I would be happy if you could just grasp the fact that I concider content done after beating it, even on the easiest difficulty, done. Is that so surreal to understand?
    ok so you do normal dungeons and lfr, thats it.
    then why do you want them to remove all the other difficulties for everyone else who wants them?

    no, its not surreal to understand, what is, is that you want things to be removed just to spite other people that has literally 0 effect on you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •