Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.
    I am hyped! New magical area's, this time the afterlife or the journey after death.
    They could add soooo much more area's to this vast infinitive world.

Because there are no exciting features. No new class, no new races. There's no real wow factor imo. I'm not even excited about what I've seen of the story so far, because it just seems like Sylvanas fanfic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I am trying really hard to understand your standpoint here outside just disageeing just to disagree to win an argument.

Do you think the 4 difficutly, Season oriented and boosting community for HC Nya for 40$ worth of tokens, is good for the game?

Is BfA gearing a good system?

If getting ilvl is not what is supposed to make the game fun, what is? Arena Rating? R.IO score?
    4 difficult is very good for the game, allowing everyone to have a difficulty for them
    season oriented? yes, the game has been this way since vanilla. every time a new patch comes out, the older patch is earlier, and catch ups are added.
    Boosting community? again been inthe game since vanila, i think its bad for the game, but its been in the game since vanilla.
    no bfa gearing is bad, but that is being fixed in shadowlands.
    if getting ilvl is not what is supposed to make the game fun what is? it... it is fun, wtf you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Emmithyst View Post
    Well they've barely showed us anything. While I am excited for Shadowlands I'd say we're still pretty much in the dark.
    That's exactly the reason there isn't any hype. They've showed us (or at least talked about) all the major features of the expansion already, and it's been founding lacking. Badly lacking.

There's people who'll try to claim that what they revealed was just a teaser and they're secretly hiding all the good stuff. These people are just straight-up wrong, especially given Blizzard's track record in the past. If anything, features will be stripped away instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    All the alpha builds are encrypted so there's no new info to hype it up. It's no "wtf" moment, and you trying to create controversy over it will fall on deaf ears even for a community like this.
    You watch. This thread will go 50 pages. Especially when someone mentions that the reason why we have heard nothing is because it has been delayed till 2021.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Dude, we have Classic now with TBC pretty much Confirmed. No need to talk expansions.
    What do U think tbc is? The reason why tbc is being mentioned is because classic is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    if getting ilvl is not what is supposed to make the game fun what is? it... it is fun, wtf you talking about?
    I would like you to expand on what makes getting ilvl fun to you.

Well there's a 2000+ page thread about it but hey what do we know
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    A) There's no info about it except what we saw at Blizzcon, which wasn't a lot.
    B) BfA has driven away a lot of players, and Blizzard will need to work hard to gain their trust back. No one really gives a shit because after BfA (and Legion too, to a lesser extent) people are just assuming it will be dogshit again.

Maybe there will be some hype once we actually get more info. Blizzard more than ever has to prove it though. Talk is really fucking cheap. I don't have much faith that Shadowlands will be anything other than more grindy MAU bullshit.

Shadowlands gameplay elements look boring as fuck. The zones look like rehashed Legion zones. And they retconned large swaths of the lore that has caused the expansion to look like a giant pile of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Well there's a 2000+ page thread about it but hey what do we know
    I'd wager some posters on that thread have posted pages on their own, my group of friends were hyped for BFA, they all saw it for what it was quite early on, only 5 of us or so made it to 8.1 out of a group of 20. From the BFA trailer to release our group was really getting on the hype train, as for Shadowlands, we all watched the cinematic and honestly no one has spoke about Shadowlands since then, but the talk about TBC recently has got our group deciding on servers/classes etc, so at least blizzard has that going for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands?
    Because BFA was a complete and utter fucking disaster from start to finish (and so was Legion as far as I'm concerned due to the butchering of classes, among other things, which makes the last 3 expansions trainwrecks from my PoV and 2 out of 3 from most others) and we know nothing about Shadowlands.

We have no reason to be hyped and every reason not to be at this moment. That's why there's no hype.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I would like you to expand on what makes getting ilvl fun to you.
    What makes it fun for most people?
    That it is progressing your charecter.
    have you ever wondered why clickers and tycoon games are SOOOO popular? because of the constant progression.
    speaking of that i have a craving for rollar coaster tycoon...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Shadowlands gameplay elements look boring as fuck. The zones look like rehashed Legion zones. And they retconned large swaths of the lore that has caused the expansion to look like a giant pile of trash.
    Can you tell me please
    where in legion did you have the scourge
    where in legion did you have the angelic landscapes
    where in legion did you have the transelvania vampire scape
    Ok valshara and ardenweld are pretty similiar, you got ONE

aalso "retconned large swaths of lore" mind explaining these "large amounts of lore"

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    A) There's no info about it except what we saw at Blizzcon, which wasn't a lot.
    B) BfA has driven away a lot of players, and Blizzard will need to work hard to gain their trust back. No one really gives a shit because after BfA (and Legion too, to a lesser extent) people are just assuming it will be dogshit again.

Maybe there will be some hype once we actually get more info. Blizzard more than ever has to prove it though. Talk is really fucking cheap. I don't have much faith that Shadowlands will be anything other than more grindy MAU bullshit.
    I mean if WOW is that bad as a product they obviously wont spend more money on it and they will slowly cut the budget .. nothing really new from this point of view so there will be less features but basically same product .. new zones, quests, raids and something on top of it. We dont have now things like a new PVP system or artifacts etc.

So i think that alpha is not needed that early now .. do u think that they have same or bigger budget than i d say 2009 ? Definetily no ..

I think its the opposite of not a lot of information but instead the information about the expac. is blah. We know quite a lot about Shadowlands actually(as much as we did about Legion and BfA).

We know the Story
    Where it takes place.
    Class design for the most part

The third thing in particular is why you do not see much hype.

Class design will not be changed but will get some "borrowed" power yet again which will add a general button or two and passives that are not at all class/spec specific. Getting some ncie niche spells back that will ultimately mean nothing in endgame PvE and may have some impact on PvP.

Most people are waiting for Alpha to drop in hopes that there will be a little Classes changes to fix Classes but in reality there probably won't be and alpha won't really bring the game hype. Heck, People are mreo hyped for Classic BC and all they got was a hint to it just because BC had much better Class design.

Ultimately we actually do know quite a lot about Shadowlands its just theres nothing about it to be excited for. Any new news they could add at this point would mostly be visuals.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Shadowlands delayed to 2021 due to the pandemic.
    You saw it here first.
    literally just over a week ago they very specifically said it will still be 2020.
    but if it somehow gets delayed for such that is a good thing, keeping their staff safe, and giving the expansion more time to make sure its right.

Another reason that shadowlands is underhyped is the "fatigue syndrome" of past expansions.

People are jaded now, they dont ignore the subtle details blizzard promises then fails to deliver, they get cynical when they used to be complicit.

Blizzard used to devlier quality content and then it made a trend of delivering terrible expansions for years, years.

WoD onwards its been a downward spiral, Legion was only redeemed by 7.3 because its previous legendary RNG farm and other artifact power grinds were terrible. They fixed Legion but only fixed, they didnt exactly deliver a stellar epic experience, the only good thing to come from legion was the demon hunter.

BFA delivered "subraces" in the form of rediculasly long grinds, 4 were unlocked immediatley as a promotion but only if you grinded reps that are now completley irrelevent in BFA.

BFA's own content, warfronts, island expeditions became memes and bad game design, the faction war became a meme of "morally grey" propotions almost as cringey as "savage world" promotions for WoD.

Blizzards latest expense is making less content and longer delays, and instead of excusing it with better quality content in the meantime, its just less content. People are trying desperately to beergoggle and defend blizzard on this but the reality is they put more EFFORT into a OLDER version of the game that you could for 'years' play on private servers to experience, just so people subbed for it instead.

And yet the raids, dungeons and content in it is largley the same as modern wow...

Its no longer the consumers fault for expectations, its blizzards job now to deliver something so stellar in quality that it destroys any doubt that they were going down hill. I for one was looking forwards to D4 and OW2 but I really couldnt give a damn about Shadowlands, and yet, after WC3 reforged and how well recieved that was...

Honestly...

Id say your looking at a very limited success at best with a team that has clearly gotten lazier over the years and smaller, definatley smaller because the amount of content comming out is showing it.

Lets look at the difference between WoD to Shadowlands:

Examples:

WoD continent is 7 zones wide, they added pathfinder to slow down peoples free movement of the games world and because whiners said it broke immersion. Then they decided not to add the promised 3 zones that were supposed to come with patches, Ogre Isles, Faralohn and the Ogre Continent itself aswell as other regions of Spires and more that never got added or even impliamented.

So much of WoD was actually taken out before being put in, and they had the gaul to test black rock foundry, then release it in patch 6.1 calling it content despite the fact beta testers were playing it LONG before that.

The same thing was done with legion, Suramar raid was the same thing, 7.0 beta, it was playable for raiders, they removed it, impliamented it later under the pretext of "content".

This nonsense is 'exactly' why I stopped trusting blizzard. Adding insult to injury, Broken Shores was 5 zones as opposed to 7, smaller than its WoD counterpart, and with less replayability, at least the bonus quests in WoD are fast and easy to plough through.

Then you have BFA, 2 seperate continents with flying added after one of the continents (Zandalar) becomes LITERALLY irrelevent after 8.2 with no content being important to do after the patches.

Warfronts were meant to be a patch cycle thing, we were meant to get 1 per patch as an alternative to raiding and they were, asthetically interesting, the idea of getting racial armour was pretty cool, but quickly fell apart when they basically added heritidge armor which made racial armour pointless.

Blizzard screwed themselves with a number of chaotic, inconsitant ideas, none of which stay more than a patch in relevence. When was the last time you used benthic gear or touched a shadow/light augment in your artifact slot?

Blizzard cant focus on what matters, story, less raids, more story, more deeper elements of that story with larger zones that focus on world building and saga expanding as opposed to endless 4 tier raids that become stale after the first 2 difficulties with only a vocal minority even caring to touch mythic or finish it.

Stale mythic+ dungeon farms that are now completley boring and stagnant, pvp that has lost its charm in the death of old things like Wintergrasp or TBC's Nagrand or old AV in its better prime prior to Korrak's Revenge farming.

And no its not nostalgia or hating the current game, its saying they took away things that literally worked perfectly fine, added things that didnt need to be there, then took away things that didnt work after one patch because people were not happy.

They cant seem to grasp that the key to a long term success is commitment to an ideal, not just constantly trying things and then throwing in the towel.

And as for Ion himself?

Please...

Please...

Its time, the guy needs to go back to what he did best, keep him in raid design by all means but he is *NOT* lead designer material, after 3 expansions its evident.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Shadowlands delayed to 2021 due to the pandemic.
    You saw it here first.
    if it does delay Shadowlands that's a good thing. it means that they are taking the time to do it right and not rush it just to meet the 2020 deadline. although I can still see them getting it out by 2020 - if Alpha is released soon, runs for April & May (was going to put a Walking Dead reference here but decided against it) then Beta runs from start of June to end of November - prepatch hits start of November, expansion launches either end of November or early December and first raid opens up early Jan. that is literally the 2020 best case scenario right now

I'm not hyped for Shadowlands for a number of reasons, and I might seem very negative but I'm more in the camp of "if I keep my expectations very very low, I have a greater chance of being pleasantly surprised". This mindset was how I went into Legion and I was indeed pleasantly surprised. Sadly BfA destroyed all the good will Blizzard earned in Legion and put me back into a mindset only slightly better than I had in WoD. So here's why I am not hyped:

1) The WoW dev design philosophy currently sucks - infinite progression grinds, layers upon layers of RNG in multiple areas of the game, rental powers that get tossed in the bin with the next xpac, the dev definition of "alt friendly" being far and away inadequate, and generally content design not respecting the player's time. Some form of the corruption system is going forward into SL. Some form of rental power is going to exist in SL. Some form of neverending grind that has to be done on each character individually is going to exist in SL (don't let their claim of no AP grind fool you - what they really meant was that the AP grind will simply have a weekly cap, but you're still going to have to do it every week on every toon or suffer the consequences). I have yet to see any indication that Blizzard have learned anything from BfA that might improve Shadowlands' design.

2) Blizzcon Shadowlands Info - The stage at which we saw Shadowlands developement as far as what we saw at Blizzcon was concerning. Blizzard intends to get Shadowlands out before year's end. I believe they intend to meet that release schedule regardless of whether the product is actually finished... and given the current covid-19 situation, it's more likely things get cut or shoved out the door in a poor state just to meet that release date goal.

3) Shadowlands seems a bit Feature-light to me - Torghast, Covenants, and Customization were the only real new features to stand out to me and Covenants just seem like a marriage of reputations + artifacts. Torghast seems like a legit feature and I am eager to see how it actually plays but I worry that it'll just end up being another "beat the clock/you must do this every week on every character or fall behind" content. Customization is also a legit feature to me, but I don't actually get any because I main an allied race and they've basically told people playing them to fuck off. Hell, they couldn't even bother to give the allied race Death Knights a few "undead" skin options like the standard races have. There's also no new class and new allied races seem unlikely from what we've seen so far. I don't view the level-squish as a feature.

I'm basically banking on my "Debbie Downer" mindset to make whatever Shadowlands actually ends up being into something wonderful compared to what I am expecting. It's sad, but I've been let down too many times by Blizzard to trust them to put out something fun and quality anymore.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-03-31 at 08:08 PM.

Wait there is a new expansion coming out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    man i wish i had your powers of fortune telling, if only.
    Turns out you don't need supernatural powers to predict the obvious.