Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lets wait and see for the Beta to launch, and then the hype will proberly come like a tidal wave.

The problem with last Blizzcons presentation of Shadowlands, is that we will proberly have another WoD-presentation situation again.

When Blizzard first presented WoD, they had only ideas and concepts made for the expansion and very little had actually been made or reviewed. This meant, that when Beta came, there were A LOT of things changed, tweaked or outright removed. Remember them talking about faction cities for WoD at Blizzcon? Removed at launch. Remember them having Garrisons be like "Raid team pro manager"? Totally remade for launch.

The same will proberly happen with Shadowlands. It is 6+ months since we last heard from them and that is a lot of time to test things and find out if they work or don't work. Covenants will without a doubt be very different than when what we saw at Blizzcon, so that in itself will be interesting.

So, when the Beta drops, we will all properly be hyped or scourned to oblivion xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer was a big fat floppy dick to the face, and I don't know much else.

I don't think there's a lot of faith in Blizzard these days and they have a tendency to repeat mistakes and double down on retarded design so SL could just be another BfA no one knows at this point. 0 reason to be hyped right now.

Guessing at the alpha phase in which they decide to cut out and remove certain content. Sorta like how they did with Bladespire and Karabor in warlords of Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have nothing to talk about. They barely said anything in Blizzcon and since then we have had no new information.
    And BFA showed us how good they are at making this game currently.

The expansion probably won't even be out this year either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

There's so few videos about it.
    There's such little online discussion about it.
    There are next to ZERO Blueposts about the expansion.
    Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    Maybe you should have tried posting this under one of those Wowhead "Encrypted Alpha Build" posts or in MMO-Champ's 9.0 discussion thread. Everyone is talking about Shadowlands, mate. No idea what you're going on about

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    I don't think they did. Do you have a blue quote?
    https://www.windowscentral.com/world...hadowlands?amp

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The nathrezim shit regarding the artifacts was literally added recently. In Warcraft 3, it was crafted DIRECTLY by Kil'jaeden and his Nathrezim underlings. Now all of a sudden it was stolen.

You comment about the Shadowlands is yet again, more retcons to fit the expansion. Because in established lore until now, the Shadowlands was nothing but a parallel realm to the land of the living where the dead go. That's it. Not multiple "realms".

The whole plot of Shadowlands talks about how Sylvanas was apparently funneling souls to the Jailer this whole time, empowering him. Except all the lore UNTIL the announcement of the expansion dictated that she was PREVENTING souls from going anywhere.

The Helm was not more powerful than Frostmourne. When Frostmourne was shattered, it should have had a reaction akin to what was shown in the Shadowlands trailer cinematic. But it didn't, which means Blizzard just made some bull shit up for "Rule of Cool". They didn't care that it contradicted established lore.
    1)again you are wrong, it's explained how many times but you refuse to listen.
    2) again wrong, we knew very little about it. Other then that parts of it was a parallel.
    3) A FUCKING GAIN she is not funneling souls to the jailor. She is using the souls for herself. But death is broken, so any they do not go to her, or bwomsamdi. Or etc, are going straight into the maw. As I've had to explain 3 fucking times now. When someone dies to sylvanas their soul goes to her, she says "yes" And keeps it. Or she says "nah". And it leaves. Then it stops by bwomsabdi depending on their deal. If they say no, then it goes to the shadowlands to be judged, and sent to the respective realm. But currently they are all being sent to the maw.

Bolivar was mad the balance was being upset.
    Bwomsamdi was mad she was keeping souls that belonged to him.
    She is not funneling souls to the jailor. She is killing people, they are then kept by her. Or sent to the shadowlands, which are then for some reason being sent to the maw.

This is the last time I'm explaining it. Cause if you still don't get it. We are gunna have to get out the wooden letter blocks

4) no it was not more powerful then frostmourne. But frostmourne had literally nothing to do with shadowlands. It had to do with power over frost magic ,and containing souls. You can't ride a battery down the street, but a battery is what stores the power for a car that does ride you down the street. Frostmourne is how arthas collected his souls to be used by the helmet
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Fixed that for you burner account.
    wow has been this way since day 1. they promise things they cant make in, and it happens in all game dev. you log in, grind, log out, thats literally the game since day fucking 1, dont pretend cata suddenly invented this, its been a major thing since vanilla, look to classic, many people have quit cause... you log in... do your raid... log out for a week...
    The game has made massive promises it has been unable to keep forever, look to demon hunters, runecrafting, dance studio, expanded guild levels, necromancers, death knight being special, aerial pvp combat.

- - - Updated - - -

you say that, but people said that about legion "will be much lower then before wod"

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like timegating.
    sure try to sell MORE time gating to the playerbase.

- - - Updated - - -

every expansion does this but k.
    just shadowlands has been a bit longer then others.
    hell, how much time do you have left for posting here ??? 20k posts in 3 years. cheesus christ. (not that this has anything to do with this thread ^^).

even det has „just“ 34k posts, this is just 14k more than you. and det posts in a lot of threads, since 10 years.

crazy.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-04-01 at 12:29 AM.

just as Bellular predicted.
    Lmao. Why do people actually give a single fuck what that guy has to say? He makes whatever video he needs to make based on the current community feeling - e.g he was so obsessed with Legion that he tried to make a complete overhaul mod for every quest text in the game. Then Blizzard slapped him with a cease and desist (rightly, considering copyright law) and now he's salty and makes a hundred clickbait whine videos per week. Why does anyone care? Why do you have to be given an opinion and told how to feel?

So question, what new content did tbc add?
    What new content did wotlk add?
    What new content did cataclysm add?
    What new content did mop add?

Cause im sure most if not all of these expacs could be simplified to 0 or 1 new things, by oversimplifying the same way you just did.
    Different times , besides the features like new classes / races, arena and teams , flying ,big iconic villains end bosses, veichles and world bgs , lifting pvp server restrictions, barbershops, phasing ,world revamp,class/race combos, new talent system, cross-realm zones, scenarios ,garrison, updated vanilla models, mission table , world quests , warfronts.

Raids tier sets and pvp were the central interests of the new xpansions when it was a progression focused game , now raids can be viewed as a side activity that you can skip entirely and rise in power playing with randos in m+, not even tier sets as an incentive to do it.
    Anyway almost every other expansion introduced something that changed the game as we knew it , Shadowlands feels like a patch of bfa more than a self standing expansion.

Ever since TBC I bought the game day one or preordered digital (exception made for legion because I quit after blackrock foundry out of boredom and starting university), BFA is the only xpac that made me quit at it's launch patch and Shadowlands will be the first expansion I will not preorder nor buy until I hear about the critics and praises it will get , the features themselves or the lore don't make me crave for it like other expansions did... besides , if I may ... endlessly self-maintained repeatable content just screams lazy to me, while on the side you get lost counting all the cosmetic BS in the past 3 patch notes, because wow has become a collect this collect that kind of game.

Also , I need to make a clarification Horrific visions is not even a new concept for content , it's a reskin of deaths of chromie , and Thorgast will be just like both of those ... Yes, hard and interesting the first week you do it but after you pay that 1 month sub time it will become a piece of cake walk in the park .. and there it goes one of the shadowlands main features
    Last edited by valax; 2020-04-01 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Lmao. Why do people actually give a single fuck what that guy has to say? He makes whatever video he needs to make based on the current community feeling - e.g he was so obsessed with Legion that he tried to make a complete overhaul mod for every quest text in the game. Then Blizzard slapped him with a cease and desist (rightly, considering copyright law) and now he's salty and makes a hundred clickbait whine videos per week. Why does anyone care? Why do you have to be given an opinion and told how to feel?
    Bellular is basically the Steven Hawking of WoW..

I really hope the encryption is because Blizzard doesn't want to spoil it way before release.

Unfortunately my consciuos self tells me that they do it so they can work in peace... bc Blizzard's greatest enemies are the players, who just "know better" than the devs.
    They make this for themselves. Trying new things, new tech, new shit to play with - and we DO KNOW that their devs are so full of themselves, they lie to us on every interview, and deliver something THEY feel good. Well, actually, they don't get to "feel" it, they are content with their spreadsheets telling them it will be good.

Playing the game and developing one is a whole different story, and Blizzard is in a really safe position because if the fk it up, the players
    1: still pay
    2: blame Activision

It's a win-win for me: if Shadowlands is good, then it's good for me
    If Shadowlands flops, then Blizzard goes down the drain. They still be financially successful, but do we really want that? A lot of "freemium" developers are rich, but do we really want Blizzard to make games for bored housewifes and clueless kids?

https://www.windowscentral.com/world...hadowlands?amp

- - - Updated - - -

1)again you are wrong, it's explained how many times but you refuse to listen.
    2) again wrong, we knew very little about it. Other then that parts of it was a parallel.
    3) A FUCKING GAIN she is not funneling souls to the jailor. She is using the souls for herself. But death is broken, so any they do not go to her, or bwomsamdi. Or etc, are going straight into the maw. As I've had to explain 3 fucking times now. When someone dies to sylvanas their soul goes to her, she says "yes" And keeps it. Or she says "nah". And it leaves. Then it stops by bwomsabdi depending on their deal. If they say no, then it goes to the shadowlands to be judged, and sent to the respective realm. But currently they are all being sent to the maw.

Bolivar was mad the balance was being upset.
    Bwomsamdi was mad she was keeping souls that belonged to him.
    She is not funneling souls to the jailor. She is killing people, they are then kept by her. Or sent to the shadowlands, which are then for some reason being sent to the maw.

This is the last time I'm explaining it. Cause if you still don't get it. We are gunna have to get out the wooden letter blocks

4) no it was not more powerful then frostmourne. But frostmourne had literally nothing to do with shadowlands. It had to do with power over frost magic ,and containing souls. You can't ride a battery down the street, but a battery is what stores the power for a car that does ride you down the street. Frostmourne is how arthas collected his souls to be used by the helmet
    1) Once again, the lore of Warcraft 3 when the artifacts were introduced stated they were created by Kil'jaedan. The retconned lore of the next expansion claims it was ACTUALLY created in the Shadowlands, throwing WC3 lore into the garbage.

2) YOU GO TO THE SHADOWLANDS IN SEVERAL IN GAME QUESTS.

3)"It was also revealed that she started the Fourth War in order to kill as many people as possible in order to feed their souls to the Maw which allowed Sylvanas and the Jailer to both grow in greater strength." So...yeah. Everything was retconned to paint shit as Sylvanas having apparently been feeding souls to the Maw. This contradicts the fact that BEFORE Shadowlands' announcement, the souls weren't going ANYWHERE.

4) They 100% were the same strength. How the hell are you going to say it has no connection to the Shadowlands when the newly retconned lore says both artifacts explicitly ARE linked to the Shadowlands?

Did you even pay attention to Blizzcon? Or have you just been picking and choosing things to fit your narrative? Literally all the information you've been spitting back at me is part of the large swaths of retconned lore since the announcement of Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    1) Once again, the lore of Warcraft 3 when the artifacts were introduced stated they were created by Kil'jaedan. The retconned lore of the next expansion claims it was ACTUALLY created in the Shadowlands, throwing WC3 lore into the garbage.

2) YOU GO TO THE SHADOWLANDS IN SEVERAL IN GAME QUESTS.

3)"It was also revealed that she started the Fourth War in order to kill as many people as possible in order to feed their souls to the Maw which allowed Sylvanas and the Jailer to both grow in greater strength." So...yeah. Everything was retconned to paint shit as Sylvanas having apparently been feeding souls to the Maw. This contradicts the fact that BEFORE Shadowlands' announcement, the souls weren't going ANYWHERE.

4) They 100% were the same strength. How the hell are you going to say it has no connection to the Shadowlands when the newly retconned lore says both artifacts explicitly ARE linked to the Shadowlands?

Did you even pay attention to Blizzcon? Or have you just been picking and choosing things to fit your narrative? Literally all the information you've been spitting back at me is part of the large swaths of retconned lore since the announcement of Shadowlands.
    I wouldn't waste my time with that person, they seem to be a genuine shitstarter.
    First line she wrote to me a few pages back was literally a veiled insult out of nowhere.

Your arguments are granite, hers are floppy monkey shit.

Steven Hawking indeed.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I mean, the trailer got me pretty unhyped. More of Sylvie's monologues, yeah no thanks. There are epic monologues like in the WotLK trailer or MoP trailer. And there are edgy, selfrighteous ones, like in the SL and BfA trailer (whereas BfA kinda made sense and was not as obnoxious). So yeah, SL is the only expansion that stopped my excitement with the trailer rather than increasing it.

On top of that SL will probably release in 2021 (like I advocated since it's announcement) and we have nothing to talk about, since Blizzcon only really showed one zone and nothing else. No class changed could be tested or anything like that. And since announcement trailer have always to be taken with a grain of salt (especially since WoD), we can't even speculate about the announced features.

On top of that, SL will be a completely new Dimension in WoW, so lore discussions would be fruitless, since you have no common ground to argue upon.
    This seems kind of self righteous. It likely would have released in 2020, provided the pandemic had not started.
    Unless you are saying you knew the future and warned nobody about the world crisis, yours was more of a guess than Blizzard stating 2020 release.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    hell, how much time do you have left for posting here ??? 20k posts in 3 years. cheesus christ. (not that this has anything to do with this thread ^^).

even det has „just“ 34k posts, this is just 14k more than you. and det posts in a lot of threads, since 10 years.

crazy.
    20-15=3?
    Maybe you should spend your time with a math tutor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Bloody virus, it has definitely slowed down the world.

I guess you just have to wait for the announcements.

Well that's a load of bollocks and an insult to Stephen Hawking.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    The last 3 Expansions have killed WOW for me, I have no interest in playing Retail. Unless the announcement is made that they are reverting DK's and Druids to Wrath design, Priests to MOP and tanks to MOP design I could care less.
    Yea when priest where so op that they could boost a CM grp and do more dmg then a above average dps and top heal and shield in a raid so no other healer can heal(kinda funny looking at it now).Yes that is called imbalanced and overpowered.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Huh, lot of interesting replies in this thread. But it's good to see the general consensus lines up with my original thoughts. Really hope Shadowlands is good, I really do. But I have no faith.
    no they don't