Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's just another expansion, really.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    World quests- better version something in since tbc
    daily emmisarries- better version something in since tbc
    M+ -better version of something been in since vanilla
    4 raid difficulties- so you rather have what vanilla has where everyone completes the raid week 1 then there is 0 content for 5 months?
    Catch up mechanics- been in since vanilla
    people selling boosts for gold- been in since vanila

no, there is no evidence for any of these to change, as these have been in almost 14 years, if you dislike those, why have you played so long?
    World Quests, Tokens, Emmeisaries and M+ has been in the game for 14 years? I must have fallen into an unknowing coma

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    World Quests, Tokens, Emmeisaries and M+ has been in the game for 14 years? I must have fallen into an unknowing coma
    World quests+Emisarries are literally just dailies, but more open ended, you dont need to go turn them in, you dont need to go pick them up, you can see them on the map, and you can choose which 4 you wanna do, or to do ALL of them, instead of in the old days where you NEEDED to do all of them.

Tokens? You said selling boosts for gold, which is 100% something that has been in the game since vanila.

M+ is literally just dungeons, but you can keep doing them, instead of them becomign pointless 1 month into the expac.
    why do you want M+ removed? its literally just something extra you can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    (potential BIS abilities being tied to the covenant you may not want to play for being the obvious one).
    There it is: The crippling toxicity that has destroyed this game by pressuring Blizzard to take anything remotely interesting and water it down.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

There's so few videos about it.
    There's such little online discussion about it.
    There are next to ZERO Blueposts about the expansion.
    Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    Why would there be hype? There is nothing new. No new classes, no new races, no new features... the best they could come up with was weird cosmetic wings and even that choice will realistically be determined by your spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    There it is: The crippling toxicity that has destroyed this game by pressuring Blizzard to take anything remotely interesting and water it down.
    The problem is that the abilities should not be locked behind a specific covenant, that will only result in the vast majority of people picking the one that is best for their spec instead of one that actually looks interesting to them.

Its sad the only thing I’m excited for is the added customization for preexisting races and lets be honest - they’re going to suck. It’s WoW we’re talking about.
    Mighty one, never forget.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of apathetic towards WoW currently. yeah I'm still subscribed and pop in occasionally, but right now I'm playing maybe 2 hours a week.

It's just boring to me right now. Most of Blizzards recent promises turned out to be either lies over overhyped disappointments.

As far as I'm concerned they need to seriously deliver before I'm showing any enthusiasm again. So I wait for Shadowlands, hoping for the best while fully expecting the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't see the problems of tying a system, Covenants, whose rewards are primarily aesthetic in nature, to abilities that may have a gigantic impact on how your character plays, then that is on you.

Personally, I'd rather have an actual choice when it comes to Covenants, one build around my tastes and preferences, than having that choice dictated by a calculator decreeing 'X' is the best ability you must have (how that is interesting is beyond me). Far worse if that choice is one I otherwise would not have made.

No, this is a problem in their proposed design and it is my sincere hope that they have fixed this problem since Blizzcon exposed it.

World quests+Emisarries are literally just dailies, but more open ended, you dont need to go turn them in, you dont need to go pick them up, you can see them on the map, and you can choose which 4 you wanna do, or to do ALL of them, instead of in the old days where you NEEDED to do all of them.

Tokens? You said selling boosts for gold, which is 100% something that has been in the game since vanila.

M+ is literally just dungeons, but you can keep doing them, instead of them becomign pointless 1 month into the expac.
    why do you want M+ removed? its literally just something extra you can do.
    Dailies as a concept is just something I don't enjoy.

Tokens = P2W because of these boosters accepting gold for HC Nya boosts. Before tokens, earning gold was something that mattered, not just putting in your credit card info. If gold matters, suddenly things like Proffessions matters, and you spend time earning gold. From my brain, it does not make sense to spend 10s of hours to earn gold if I can just work 1 hour extra and afford the same amount.

M+ makes people feel forced to do them instead of raiding. It's also time pressured and more a Diablo 3 mechanic than a WoW mechanic. It makes Raiding less valuable and it makes people that only like raiding feel pressured to do this. Many people also don't think beating the same dungeon over and over again with different HP+DMG scaling is satisfying. Beating a boss = done with the content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dailies as a concept is just something I don't enjoy.

Tokens = P2W because of these boosters accepting gold for HC Nya boosts. Before tokens, earning gold was something that mattered, not just putting in your credit card info. If gold matters, suddenly things like Proffessions matters, and you spend time earning gold. From my brain, it does not make sense to spend 10s of hours to earn gold if I can just work 1 hour extra and afford the same amount.

M+ makes people feel forced to do them instead of raiding. It's also time pressured and more a Diablo 3 mechanic than a WoW mechanic. It makes Raiding less valuable and it makes people that only like raiding feel pressured to do this. Many people also don't think beating the same dungeon over and over again with different HP+DMG scaling is satisfying. Beating a boss = done with the content.
    "Time pressured"
    So like pvp, and raiding, which also have time pressure
    "Kill this boss in X time or else he instant wipes you"
    also it doesent make raiders feel forced, it makes optimal players feel forced.
    is it better to have something that people feel forced, that allow for more content, or literally have dungeons become 100% useless once a person starts raiding?
    I say having as much content as possible "making people feel forced" is far better then having only 1 type of content.
    lol many people? you are a hivemind? i find that odd, as M+ is one of the most liked features of the last few years.

Well, if they don't water it down and it's BiS they'll see 99% of players are taking this certain covenant and they'll nerf it then they'll have a QQ storm on their hands from nerfing it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Fixed that for you burner account.
    wow has been this way since day 1. they promise things they cant make in, and it happens in all game dev. you log in, grind, log out, thats literally the game since day fucking 1, dont pretend cata suddenly invented this, its been a major thing since vanilla, look to classic, many people have quit cause... you log in... do your raid... log out for a week...
    The game has made massive promises it has been unable to keep forever, look to demon hunters, runecrafting, dance studio, expanded guild levels, necromancers, death knight being special, aerial pvp combat.

Fixed that for you burner account.
    wow has been this way since day 1. they promise things they cant make in, and it happens in all game dev. you log in, grind, log out, thats literally the game since day fucking 1, dont pretend cata suddenly invented this, its been a major thing since vanilla, look to classic, many people have quit cause... you log in... do your raid... log out for a week...
    The game has made massive promises it has been unable to keep forever, look to demon hunters, runecrafting, dance studio, expanded guild levels, necromancers, death knight being special, aerial pvp combat.
    1. What's a burner account? Is that a veiled insult? I don't keep track with the new kids "cool" jargon.

2. You missed the point: up until BC and WOTLK, many of us were still young, naive, and coming from the Warcraft RTS series, all 3 masterpieces of gaming history. We were expecting the same level of holy shit coming from Blizzard. Pre-BC was overall great, mostly due to not having any better counterparts. Coming from Everquest, it was like going from Doom to Call of Duty (the old ones).
    So I specified Cataclysm because that's when the rose tinted glasses really turned brown.

We saw Illidan and Draenor in the trailer, we lost our shit.
    Then we played BC, and were left mostly with the fact that we now smelled like shit without much to show for it. Hypberbole of course, but depends.
    Quel'danas was a glorious hub of lore, art and cooperation. Grinding Ogri'la dailies was sandpaper masturbation. Illidan was handled like a bitch. The na'aru and spaceships was kind of fucking ridiculous, depending how much you wanted to allow yourself to distance yourself from your expectations of what Warcraft was in the RTSes.

All in all, a "what the unholy fuck" coupled "with cooooool!" moments. It was confusing to be a Warcraft fan at that time.

WOTLK trailer. Jizzful trailer. Jizzful cinematic. Arthas, front n center. Art. Gorgeous. Lore. Fuckin A. Ulduar, where did that come from? Incredible.
    Wrathgate. Oh god, this is Warcraft baby. Ok, questing is done, back to shit routine. Meh. ICC...deux ex Arthas killer...Arthas characterization makes no sense...what the fuck. Ok, great start, weird finish. Great overall content, nothing groundbreaking though.

Cataclysm: lots of shit, lots of quality of life, nothing ground breaking, Thrall jesus, what the fuck, what is this cheap man's Wintergrasp for, meh, world revamp, cool, nicely done, a lot of new quests, much more fun than old ones, better pacing. Still was expecting...something more.
    Pandaria: what the fuck, literally world of dailies. Oh a group zone with jumping puzzles, look at us we're copying Guild Wars 2
    Warlords: how the fuck did you mess up Warcraft 2? (I guess Warcraft Reforged foreshadowing)
    Legion: hey, wanna feel like you're playing a MMO with people again?
    BFA: Cool! What the fuck is this shit! Cool! What the fuck is this shit! Cool! What the fuck is this shit!

So I never claimed Cata invented it, it's just when a lot of people started to groan in definitive confusion

Ah, the anti-hype hype circlejerk.

There's a fucking 2k+ page thread and the expansion has its own fucking subforum. This is the most pointless thread that's ever existed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It’s a filler expansion. Underdeveloped as hell and behind schedule yet still likely to be squeezed out like the premature turd it is because Activision needs a fart to fill Q3-Q4. It’s why there’s no external alpha yet, Blizzcon was barebones, most of the features are just what we got in Legion and BfA with slight reskins and the writers are as incompetent as ever.

What’s there to be hyped about?

"Time pressured"
    So like pvp, and raiding, which also have time pressure
    "Kill this boss in X time or else he instant wipes you"
    also it doesent make raiders feel forced, it makes optimal players feel forced.
    is it better to have something that people feel forced, that allow for more content, or literally have dungeons become 100% useless once a person starts raiding?
    I say having as much content as possible "making people feel forced" is far better then having only 1 type of content.
    lol many people? you are a hivemind? i find that odd, as M+ is one of the most liked features of the last few years.
    m8 you really want hard to disagree with me. Just take a second and see if you can see my perspective. I understand yours, and none of us "win" this discussion. I would be happy if you could just grasp the fact that I concider content done after beating it, even on the easiest difficulty, done. Is that so surreal to understand?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It’s a filler expansion. Underdeveloped as hell and behind schedule yet still likely to be squeezed out like the premature turd it is because Activision needs a fart to fill Q3-Q4. It’s why there’s no external alpha yet, Blizzcon was barebones, most of the features are just what we got in Legion and BfA with slight reskins and the writers are as incompetent as ever.

What’s there to be hyped about?
    man i wish i had your powers of fortune telling, if only.

- - - Updated - - -

m8 you really want hard to disagree with me. Just take a second and see if you can see my perspective. I understand yours, and none of us "win" this discussion. I would be happy if you could just grasp the fact that I concider content done after beating it, even on the easiest difficulty, done. Is that so surreal to understand?
    ok so you do normal dungeons and lfr, thats it.
    then why do you want them to remove all the other difficulties for everyone else who wants them?

no, its not surreal to understand, what is, is that you want things to be removed just to spite other people that has literally 0 effect on you.

Plus side! Your username is extremely fitting.

ok so you do normal dungeons and lfr, thats it.
    then why do you want them to remove all the other difficulties for everyone else who wants them?

no, its not surreal to understand, what is, is that you want things to be removed just to spite other people that has literally 0 effect on you.
    Actually, I advocate for 1 difficulty only. Some easy raids, some hard raids. No LFR, No Normal Difficulty, No Mythic Difficulty. Only raids becoming harder and harder as the expansion comes along.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hard to get hyped over nothing. They are showing nothing. They are talking about nothing. Literally nothing. Meanwhile the game is a mess with boring ass classes and a lottery to determine who gets to be powerful and not. So yeah, no hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

There's so few videos about it.
    There's such little online discussion about it.
    There are next to ZERO Blueposts about the expansion.
    Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    I'll get hyped if I see that they are making positive changes to the Rogue class to undo the horrible damage they did with Legion and BFA

Until that point, there will be no hype from me
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams