Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post

Blizzard cant focus on what matters, story, less raids, more story, more deeper elements of that story with larger zones that focus on world building and saga expanding as opposed to endless 4 tier raids that become stale after the first 2 difficulties with only a vocal minority even caring to touch mythic or finish it.
    Blizzard cant focus on what matters to YOU. Many, many people dont give 2 shits about the lore or overall story in the game, they just want a game that is fun to play. Quit acting like everyone shares the same opinions as you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    I'm super hyped, so there goes your thread.
    oh hi, spirit be windy, how you doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Once we have more news, there will be more hype.

im very, very excited for shadowlands

No new class, no new race, no new features, there's nothing to be excited about except lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neklord View Post
    No new class, no new race, no new features, there's nothing to be excited about except lore.
    No new class- i rather no new class, then a new class and shitty current classes
    no new race- ok? we literally fuckign just got 10 races
    no new features- now that, that is a fucking lie. try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

There's so few videos about it.
    There's such little online discussion about it.
    There are next to ZERO Blueposts about the expansion.
    Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    There is so little to talk about and what we could talk about is nothing exciting or new .
    Glorified reputation grinds YAHOOOO , and the bastard child of Horrific Visions and Proving grounds , YIPPIE . End of content.

The only reasonable thing to be hyped about is the removal of AP progression , but even then they have to give us more information about anima and why we would want to care about the new covenants , besides the obviously reproposed timegated campaigns
    Last edited by valax; 2020-03-31 at 09:42 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    There is so little to talk about and what we could talk about is nothing exciting or new .
    Glorified reputation grinds YAHOOOO , and the bastard child of Horrific Visions and Proving grounds , YIPPIE . End of content.
    So question, what new content did tbc add?
    What new content did wotlk add?
    What new content did cataclysm add?
    What new content did mop add?

Cause im sure most if not all of these expacs could be simplified to 0 or 1 new things, by oversimplifying the same way you just did.

Need some better information before any sort of hype can be generated. What we have so far is pretty much nothing.

3+ Year Old Account
    I find it fascinating that no new class or race is seemingly the only dividing line between a "bare-bones" expansion and... Whatever the opposite of that is.

WoD didn't introduce a new class or race because they revamped character models, animations, class design and abilities. It was a major overhaul that I'd imagine took a lot more time and resources to do than design one or two new races or a class.

As for SL, I am optimistic in that I think they really want to get this one right. They're hopefully putting the extra time into it to make a good expansion, which I can only imagine is absolutely infuriating the quantity-over-quality bois over at Activision. Which I find to be an exciting prospect, of course, because Activision sucks.

Also, like other people have said: the 'rona.

I am pretty hyped for shadow lands, like people say we are still in the dark about alot but once more becomes available im sure the forums will spark a good few discussions

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You watch. This thread will go 50 pages. Especially when someone mentions that the reason why we have heard nothing is because it has been delayed till 2021.

- - - Updated - - -

What do U think tbc is? The reason why tbc is being mentioned is because classic is dead.
    There are literally queues to the most popular servers and pretty much all are very well populated. Like..... Do you really believe that your self? :P

it's funny that 10 allied races was not "content" but no new race for SL is "no feature"
    also we have enough classes, I'd rather have some unprunning and balancing that some shiny new classe for eddy people or played by only a very small % of players

covenant seem a more streamlined version of domain/table/bodyguard
    and torghast is a dungeon you don't need "rush rush RUUUUSSSHH!!11!!1!" people to do, I like taking my time thx very much
    and I'd rather no new "feature" than the abyssimal island expedition of warfront

I remember dinging 120 and always finding more quests to do, some zone stories very interesting, and I hope each SL zone & covenant can have some deep stories like drustvar or suramar, & the legion domains combined

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    literally just over a week ago they very specifically said it will still be 2020.
    but if it somehow gets delayed for such that is a good thing, keeping their staff safe, and giving the expansion more time to make sure its right.
    I don't think they did. Do you have a blue quote?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1) there was mention of it being from the power of the nathrezim, which at the time it was a mystery where it came from, other then "Some vampiric realm"

2) Yes, but there is many realms to the shadowlands, again, the area we are going to is not azeroth, its other realms

3) yes i literally just said that, sylvanas is stopping them before it can get to the others, that is literally what she is doing, she is raising the dead before they can be sent to where they belong, but he raising stuff has nothing to do with the shadowlands and the maw.

4) no, no it is not. The helmet has always been a tool for controlling the dead, so where do you think it got that power. ADDDING stuff to which was not explained before is not retconning, it is ADDING story.

Me: "I got a car"
    You: "cool"
    Me: "Yeah it is a honda"
    You: "why the fuck did you lie to me?"
    Me: "I didnt"
    You: "Yes you did, you said you bought a car, but then suddenly changed it into a honda, wow what a fucking liar dont retcon"
    Literally what you are saying.

5) then link that, cause that sounds sorta made up.

- - - Updated - - -

ALRIGHT let me fill you in, as obviously you didnt do your research.

activision blizzard fired 800 people.
    only 137 of these people were blizzard.
    NONE OF THESE PEOPLE were from development
    11 of them were QA (Quality assurance)
    The rest were stuff to do with the recent heroes of the storm losing its esports (which meant removing a bunch of staff that were no longer needed.)

Not a single developer was fired, and since then they have constantly been hiring new developers.

If you are using that as an example, shall we go back to 2012 when blizzard, not activision/blizzard, fired 600 staff, many of them being developers?

Yes, people retire/move on after decades in the same company, and no, 1 or 2 people is not gunna "Take a big toll" Chris isnt even gone, he has just retired, but he is still working with blizzard, just after more then 2 decades, the dude wants a break, idk if you know but he was in the hospital for a super long time my dude, he deserves one.
    Especially since frank still works at blizz... he is just an advisor now.
    The nathrezim shit regarding the artifacts was literally added recently. In Warcraft 3, it was crafted DIRECTLY by Kil'jaeden and his Nathrezim underlings. Now all of a sudden it was stolen.

You comment about the Shadowlands is yet again, more retcons to fit the expansion. Because in established lore until now, the Shadowlands was nothing but a parallel realm to the land of the living where the dead go. That's it. Not multiple "realms".

The whole plot of Shadowlands talks about how Sylvanas was apparently funneling souls to the Jailer this whole time, empowering him. Except all the lore UNTIL the announcement of the expansion dictated that she was PREVENTING souls from going anywhere.

The Helm was not more powerful than Frostmourne. When Frostmourne was shattered, it should have had a reaction akin to what was shown in the Shadowlands trailer cinematic. But it didn't, which means Blizzard just made some bull shit up for "Rule of Cool". They didn't care that it contradicted established lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Why is no one hyped for Shadowlands? Most expansions are normally talked to death before they come out but Shadowlands seems to be the exception.

There's so few videos about it.
    There's such little online discussion about it.
    There are next to ZERO Blueposts about the expansion.
    Even on these forums, you can tell discussion is at an all time low. At this rate, Shadowlands will be BfA 3.0, just as Bellular predicted.

Was it how it was marketed? Was it Sylvanas? Why is it taking so long to see an alpha or beta? Maybe Blizzard is keeping it under wraps for now because they have some huge, exciting announcements for it.. ? (Doubt it.)
    Not a lot of info and the alpha is likely postponed thanks to the virus

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Blizzard cant focus on what matters to YOU. Many, many people dont give 2 shits about the lore or overall story in the game, they just want a game that is fun to play. Quit acting like everyone shares the same opinions as you.
    Im not expecting everyone to, but it doesnt change the fact that a signifiant margin of people have left the game, you shouldnt dismiss people who enjoy the games lore and story as a vocal minority, the games bleeding subs for many reasons, that is just one of them.

And as for a good game thats fun to play...

Im pretty sure if it was both of those things, the subs wouldnt be dropping.

I think im more excited to get rid of my essences/azerite armor than I am for the actual expansion lmao

Because there's nothing to fucking talk about. Like 75% of Blizzcon's Shadowlands talks were about how they'd be going to unfuck the things they fucked up over the last 5 years - the other 25% being Torghast and Covenants.

Torghast we know absolutely nothing about other than it being supposedly endless and mostly cosmetic. Shit's been talked to death.
    Covenants we know nothing about other there being cool visuals... tied to impactful abilities - which everyone fucking hates and has also been talked to death.

There's nothing to talk about. The expansion seems more void of content and features than current BFA. They promised like 2 vague new features and that the expansion won't be as shit as BFA. That's it. Nothing new since Blizzcon. Still no Alpha. Nothing. Absolutely nothing to be hyped about. We're coming off the back of arguably the worst expansion ever and we're supposed to be hyped about something we know fuck all about.

Things might change once they open Alpha gates, but considering the absolute joke that was BFA Alpha... I won't get my hopes up. Blizzard Alpha/Beta these days means 99% searching questing zones/dungeons for bugs and 1% actual content feature testing with feedback mostly being ignored.

Huh, lot of interesting replies in this thread. But it's good to see the general consensus lines up with my original thoughts. Really hope Shadowlands is good, I really do. But I have no faith.