Page 1 of 3
LastLast

After imposing a VTOL, guess which mysterious corps decide to ''streamline'' ?

https://news.usni.org/2020/03/23/new...ittoral-forces

TLDR : after imposing the F-35 airframe as they wanted a VTOL, the Marines….now does not want VTOLs anymore (guess the Osprey is going down too...i mean not like usually…)

10+ Year Old Account
    Osprey isn't going to be going anywhere. The Navy already chose it for their Greyhound replacement.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

TLDR: Sarah didn't read the article.

The service will also trim its F-35B and C Joint Strike Fighter squadrons, reducing them from 16 Primary Aircraft Authorized (PAA) to 10 per squadron.
    I'm no mathematician...but while 10 per squadron is certainly less than 16 per squadron....it still seems like a lot more than 0 per squadron.

Also, this is trimming is set to conclude by 2030...so it's not like they're just straight up dumping anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    TLDR: Sarah didn't read the article.

I'm no mathematician...but while 10 per squadron is certainly less than 16 per squadron....it still seems like a lot more than 0 per squadron.

Also, this is trimming is set to conclude by 2030...so it's not like they're just straight up dumping anything.
    16 to 10 means a reduction of a solid third, of a VTOL that was only there for the Marines.

10+ Year Old Account
    sarah tasher are you pulling a hubcap on us?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    16 to 10 means a reduction of a solid third, of a VTOL that was only there for the Marines.
    But it still very much sounds like they want VTOLs as opposed to what you said in the OP.

Again, not a mathematician...but that still leaves 2/3rds, right? And 2/3rds is still more than 0/3rds?

And, again, it's a process that's going to be happening over the next 10 years.

TLDR : after imposing the F-35 airframe as they wanted a VTOL, the Marines….now does not want VTOLs anymore (guess the Osprey is going down too...i mean not like usually…)
    How did you get that take from that article?

Desperate levels of reaching.

So the F-35 VTOL will have served between 2016 and 2030. Groovy.

What that does even mean? I know you are well known here for pushing bullshit, but please do explain WTF is that you wrote?

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    What that does even mean? I know you are well known here for pushing bullshit, but please do explain WTF is that you wrote?
    The F-35 VTOL will not have been used long ?

I am not, I repeat sure as shit not a fan of the F35, but the VTOL variant is also used by the Navy for Amphibious Landing Ships, of which they will build more while cutting back on fleet carriers.

The VTOL variant also sells internationally as a Harrier replacement.

The downsizing of the Marines with eliminating their armored units and reducing their flight wings is one of those things that happens every time there isn't a major conflict ongoing... Then it's all ramped back up as soon as we need them to invade some dustbowl again.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-04-01 at 11:39 AM.

Don't post while drunk. Or, looking at your post history... at all.

What the fuck are you talking about? What do you mean by "will not have been used by long"? Words are not that hard, try to use them.

I'll try to understand - are you implying that VTOL version wont be used pass 2030? In that case, where did you get this genius idea from?

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be down to 10 per squadron by 2030, which means the F-35's service life doesn't end in 2030.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I think we should apply this same "Logic" to all other headlines.

Dow Jones drops 800 points
    Sarahtasher headline: All stocks now worthless!

US Companies cut 27,000 jobs before the worst of the shutdowns
    Sarahtasher headline: Everyone in the US is fired!

Coronavirus cases spike in Georgia
    Sarahtasher headline: Goodbye Georgia! All Georgians are now dead!

I mean seriously, the difference between "We want less of X" and "We don't want any X" should be pretty obvious.

Except for all the ones that will still be in use...sure.

10+ Year Old Account

The USMC very much wants the F-35B still, just not in the same numbers as before (they never wanted the F-35C, but the Navy required them to get some). They are making cuts to pay for the pivot to a more littoral-centric force and away from the heavy force they have evolved into. That is why they are going to get rid of all of their tanks, most of their tube artillery, and other units that do not help them project power in the Pacific.
    Last edited by Kellhound; 2020-04-01 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The USMC very much wants the F-35B still, just not in the same numbers as before (they never wanted the F-35C, but the Navy required them to get some). They are making cuts to pay for the pivot to a more littoral-centric force and away from the heavy force they have evolved into. That is why they are going to get rid of all of their tanks, most of their tube artillery, and other units that do not help them project power in the Pacific.
    And a third of their VTOL….

Has the F35 joint strike fighter complaining been going on for like 15 years? I would think their service life would be coming to a close soon anyway, no? I know I was hearing huge complaining about it 2 decades ago.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.