Page 1 of 2
LastLast

why didn't they bring the shadowlands choose item from chest system live now?

why couldn't they make you able to choose from items you want now already from the weekly chest? i just feel i'm going to get my 6th conch at 9 am...

- - - Updated - - -

yep... i got the conch... again...

I don’t know!

They want you to run on the BfA treadmill a little longer before they put you on the Shadowlands treadmill.

Since Shadowlands isn't even in Beta I think it's probably safe to assume it's because it needs testing before it works 100% the way they want it to..

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They want you to run on the BfA treadmill a little longer before they put you on the Shadowlands treadmill.
    "Fun" fact. Threadmill started out as a cruel punishment in prisons. It literally was a mill prisoners treaded (walked) on. Using manpower to grind stuff, as aposed using a waterwheel or wind blades. To generate power

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Since Shadowlands isn't even in Beta I think it's probably safe to assume it's because it needs testing before it works 100% the way they want it to..
    Na they just gotta put in "chest_loot: multiple_choices" and it's good to go!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

They properly don't have a direct way to make it work yet, so instead of having to update the system twice, one now and one when pre-patch comes, they just want to wait a while. Besides, this is not a critical thing that is in dire need of an update, and who knows, maybe they are going to change more things to match up with the new "choose your own item" system
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I am Murloc!
    Would go against their "BFA is a lottery expansion" policy.

in switzerland on top of a mountain, in a house made of chocolat, thats filled with watches and gold
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    "Fun" fact. Threadmill started out as a cruel punishment in prisons. It literally was a mill prisoners treaded (walked) on. Using manpower to grind stuff, as aposed using a waterwheel or wind blades. To generate power
    no, treadmills/treadwheels were already heavily used by the ancient greeks and romans. they used them as human powered ''engines'' to grind grains or to power cranes for lifting heavy stones and such. their use as punishement tools in prisons started in the early-Victorian period. keep your fake facts to yourself..

While it would be great if you could pick and choose loot, it could just be as simple as them having not flushed out that process yet, or not being able to easily toss it into the current version of the game.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    This is your answer, and sums it up quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Na they just gotta put in "chest_loot: multiple_choices" and it's good to go!
    Yep, and that requires next to zero code to work properly. None. Just a simple string of words that takes up one page of notes and you’re good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Might be true..and it is supposed to be a SL "feature".

Also: Can't wait for the first "Choose item from chest feature ruined the game" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Yep, and that requires next to zero code to work properly. None. Just a simple string of words that takes up one page of notes and you’re good to go.
    Hey there was a guy that said about the Jaina mount drop bug "why didn't they just write '2 mounts' in '1 mount's stead, how did they fuck it up?"
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

why cant they just remove the chest

Funny how people always exaggerate to a point itsn't even believable anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsu View Post
    Funny how people always exaggerate to a point itsn't even believable anymore..
    Curious as what you consider being an exaggeration here, why wouldnt they implement that feature now?

Between the real-world virus fiasco and Blizzard in general being lax when it comes to fun stuff, we shouldn't be surprised that they haven't put this system in already.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    why couldn't they make you able to choose from items you want now already from the weekly chest? i just feel i'm going to get my 6th conch at 9 am...

- - - Updated - - -

yep... i got the conch... again...
    The answer is probably due to it is still being developed and/or tested. As in not ready for live function. Something like this I can see having possible bugs and such and would need some regular testing. Not something they want to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Curious as what you consider being an exaggeration here, why wouldnt they implement that feature now?
    Do you really think he got 6 times same item out of 8-9 weekly chests during this season? "I'm pretty sure I'm going the get the conch again" "Yeah I got the conch..".. Yeah really believable.. It's like in almost every m+ dungeon with group finder there's guy who doesn't get the loot he wants "I have done this like +60 times" but still raider.io shows something completely different.