Page 1 of 25
... LastLast

WF/TFing was fine and now whiners have ruined everything.

I don't understand why people would want to raid or even play the game when there's no chance to get an upgrade. Once your guild has finally cleared the new tier and you've farmed it for half a year and everyone has had their BiS items forever what's the point? Now with WF/TF gone they've replaced it with an even worse system and come Shadowlands they're either going to remove any sort of loot powercreep system and stick with corruption or have something as bad or worse. WF/TFing was the only thing that gave a little incentive to do the same content over and over for a chance at character progression. Who cares if some LFR floor-licker got a mythic level TF item; it's not like these people are going to somehow become better than you and start raiding mythic because they have a TF piece now. The good players progress the hardest content and the rest don't, regardless of gear.

The point is "you beat the patch, good job you can go play not-WoW if you want, or play an alt"

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW’s current leader was an elitist jerk. It’s not really a surprise they decided to cater to the elitist snowflakes who wanted to be special and have the biggest numbers on their gear.

Tough luck, cause in doing so they’ve made 80% of the content in the game go from relevant to completely obsolete. Blizzard seems to enjoy shooting themselves in the foot to appease snowflakes

WF/TF was not fine. It was an awful, terrible dumb fucking system that ruined two entire expansions. Good riddance.

WoW existed before Legion, before tf was introduced and the loot system was just fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Or, and here me out, you start playing an alt once your main is totally decked out. Or even better, play an alt or two alongside your main. Not only can you play from an entirely new perspective, but you get to gear up and chase BiS pieces. That's how it has always been. I remember during ICC, I had 2 characters fully decked out in 25 ICC H and 25 H RS. I never did get H LK, but none the less once I geared one character, I focused on gearing another. Instead of playing the same character the entirety of ICC, I was able to play it from a different perspective a few times.

TF/WF was just a bad idea. It felt more like gambling than the good old rng. Doing a dungeon is like hitting a bonus in video poker. Whether it WF or TF is like when a bonus hits, but doesn't pay out. You get 10 free spins and out of the 10, you won maybe $2 on max bet. You don't even get excited that you hit the bonus, you won "Some" money, but it wasn't what you expected/wanted. You wanted that big one, that huge dopamine rush, that sick ass TF w/ socket proc. Gearing up is already fast enough w/ M+, just get more alts.

P.S. I'm not defending corruption, I just think going back to WF/TF would be a big mistake. Figure something else out.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by cago View Post
    WoW existed before Legion, before tf was introduced and the loot system was just fine

for anyone who wanted to take the game somewhat srs but could not (for whatever reason) stick with a mythic raiding guild the loot system was terrible since soo when they introduced mythic raid mode...

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    for anyone who wanted to take the game somewhat srs but could not (for whatever reason) stick with a mythic raiding guild the loot system was terrible since soo when they introduced mythic raid mode...
    It was fine in WoD. Split raiding was kind of annoying but it was better than the shit guilds do these days.

Blizzard, please bring back ML.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    Who cares if some LFR floor-licker got a mythic level TF item; it's not like these people are going to somehow become better than you and start raiding mythic because they have a TF piece now.
    I's not like I care about them, but I do care what gear will drop for me. Why someone who does easier content gets the same/better gear? That's stupid and unfair.

Corrupted gear is also bad.

Both WF/TF and Corruption are bad. Characters should hit a cap at some point, and not be forced to farm endlessly. This way other aspects of the game, such as PvP and alts, can also be explored and evetually - enjoyed.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by cago View Post
    This, basically.
    Last edited by Greengrim; 2020-04-01 at 07:04 AM.

there is catch up with systems like azerite, eventually the extra gear helps or they nerf the content either way, before most people kill the mythic bosses. most guilds suffer mechanically not dps checks. don't see a problem with no tf/wf just removes the ceiling of randomness you can never achieve that item you really want from rng, you can't control it no matter how good you are, people want fairness for effort put in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    WoW’s current leader was an elitist jerk. It’s not really a surprise they decided to cater to the elitist snowflakes who wanted to be special and have the biggest numbers on their gear.

Tough luck, cause in doing so they’ve made 80% of the content in the game go from relevant to completely obsolete. Blizzard seems to enjoy shooting themselves in the foot to appease snowflakes
    You got to remember, that it is the same elitest jerk guy, who came up with WF in the first place.

They just tried something out, found it gave less than what it took and are currently trying to replace it with something better. They might be changing their game-design philosophy right now, where having 80 of the content in the game being obsolete is an okay thing. For most of WoWs history, obsolete content have been part of the game, things have a shelf life and are put into retirement sooner or later.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand why people would want to raid or even play the game when there's no chance to get an upgrade. Once your guild has finally cleared the new tier and you've farmed it for half a year and everyone has had their BiS items forever what's the point? Now with WF/TF gone they've replaced it with an even worse system and come Shadowlands they're either going to remove any sort of loot powercreep system and stick with corruption or have something as bad or worse. WF/TFing was the only thing that gave a little incentive to do the same content over and over for a chance at character progression. Who cares if some LFR floor-licker got a mythic level TF item; it's not like these people are going to somehow become better than you and start raiding mythic because they have a TF piece now. The good players progress the hardest content and the rest don't, regardless of gear.
    I think the removal of WF have something to do with making clear lines of gear progression. That gear equals some specific kind of content, so its easier for the player to know what they will get as reward for doing a specific source of content. I don't think there is anything wrong in wanting that.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    The point is "you beat the patch, good job you can go play not-WoW if you want, or play an alt"
    Or you could, you know, display some self control and accept when enough is good enough? They added titanforging so all content has a chance to be relevant and not raid or die like in WoD helping casuals, and that hardcore farmers had some extra percents to squeeze out. Thing is the people who aren't casual and are wannabe hardcore have no self control and agonize over every percent they're "behind."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

no it wasn't.. it's just that for this patch they replaced it with something even worse

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    The system worked as intended.

Effort = Bigger reward.

And the system was a ladder, you climb up slowly, until you reach the top, be it full Heroic(which was hardest difficulty from WotLK to WoD) or 2400 Rated PvP gear(or whatever was the highest tier, can't remember).

Nowadays the ladder is endless and have jump boosters along the way for the people that put minimal effort in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post

Are you having a stroke? Everything put into the game under Ions' command catered to broad - casual public and shifted the game from an actual RPG game to aRPG-like mashup. The game became a neverending grindfest, look at the amount of casual shit, that is required for "elitists" to do over and over again in order to be able to progress the raid, there's 4 raid difficulties, 3 of which are laughable as far as mechanics are concerned. You get M gear for doing a fucking 5man dungeon once a week, which is in many cases actuallymuch better than raid gear.
    What the fuck are you even talking about? xd

I never had a problem with. Felt nice getting a bonus on something. People care way to much about what others are doing and getting in this game.

If you try to get something across maybe try not to piss on the poeple who are not progress oriented... Floor-lickers? Really?

Warforging was horrible. You were forced to run basically every difficulty every week. It was worse than set Boni. Where just have to run the lower difficultie until you get the 4set bonus.

Corruption, while flawed, is miles better than WF/TF or set Boni.

7+ Year Old Account
    WF/TF wasn't fine. Corruption is just worse.
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

I think it's good to have some type of system that allows further upgrade of the gear - for example the item upgrade system in MoP, or even a warforge of 5-10 ilvls (but not more) and I think currently the socket upgrade fills that niche as something you can work towards that will upgrade your already awesome 475 piece.

Thing is this is how the game used to be though. This is what I 'grew up' with through my first raid experiences in TBC, Wotlk and Cata and to me there's positives and negatives about both systems. I don't think the old "an item is an item and thats all there is to it" is very good because loads of people quit and I remember having a much bigger recruitment effort in those days because people just got bored once they got an item they needed, but on the flipside it's also not a good system if someone does LFR or normal and gets an item that's on par or better than a mythic item.