Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    ok retard stop dribbling you are gonna cause a flood
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

I do think Warforging was a step up from Thunderforging. But I think Titanforging was a step back from Warforging.

There was definitely a sweet spot in-between the Warforging of Siege of Orgrimmar and the Titanforging we ended up getting in Legion that they never ended up hitting. What Warforging ended up needing was a very small change and they ended up over-correcting.

In terms of Corruption, I think it's not as fun as Thunderforging, Warforging, or Titanforging.
    The cursed item fantasy just isn't hitting. Like, an item that gives plus stam and minus spirit kind of speaks for itself, it makes sense the kind of power trade you're doing and the item may even have a naming convention that implies that relationship between the two stats. But just getting a piece of gear, named exactly the same, that provides some random corruption benefit, with the corruption negative just giving the same predictable negative when you have enough of it just feels a lot more soulless by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    I don't understand why people would want to raid or even play the game when there's no chance to get an upgrade. Once your guild has finally cleared the new tier and you've farmed it for half a year and everyone has had their BiS items forever what's the point? Now with WF/TF gone they've replaced it with an even worse system and come Shadowlands they're either going to remove any sort of loot powercreep system and stick with corruption or have something as bad or worse. WF/TFing was the only thing that gave a little incentive to do the same content over and over for a chance at character progression. Who cares if some LFR floor-licker got a mythic level TF item; it's not like these people are going to somehow become better than you and start raiding mythic because they have a TF piece now. The good players progress the hardest content and the rest don't, regardless of gear.
    those are the people who dont want to play game.

those are people who only want to log in once a week , clear raid and log off

sadly blizzard is catering to those people just like in WoD

and resoults will be exackly like in WoD,

they have to be mad if they think that normal players will farm coruptions with 1/52 chance to get anything decent and then farm cloak to get resistance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think it's good to have some type of system that allows further upgrade of the gear - for example the item upgrade system in MoP, or even a warforge of 5-10 ilvls (but not more) and I think currently the socket upgrade fills that niche as something you can work towards that will upgrade your already awesome 475 piece.

Thing is this is how the game used to be though. This is what I 'grew up' with through my first raid experiences in TBC, Wotlk and Cata and to me there's positives and negatives about both systems. I don't think the old "an item is an item and thats all there is to it" is very good because loads of people quit and I remember having a much bigger recruitment effort in those days because people just got bored once they got an item they needed, but on the flipside it's also not a good system if someone does LFR or normal and gets an item that's on par or better than a mythic item.
    ye but sockets are not enough.

people should be able to farm everything - itlv upgrade , sockets and tertiary stats by doing their usual activities.

but sadly because raiders would complain that "they have to do it " it will never happen.

know what was a good system to boost gear. The one in MoP where you could upgrade an item I think it was up to 5 times. I remember it had a cap so not sure if it was 5 or even 10 ilvs. That was a good system. Could upgrade the gear you had so someone doing top end raiding was always higher then someone that just did LFR. It also made raiding gear worth while.
    I didnt enjoy the WF/TF cause it just felt bad when an LFR item cant be replaced due to a TF proc but the new corruption gear ug. Dont get me wrong I like the risk and reward that it has. Def gives the gearing more flavor now rather then the 'you need these traits from these azerite items'. Now the gear has a bit more wiggle room to play with then before. But just feels horrible item after item when you get possibly the worst corruption for your class possible at the lowest rank even. For the past few weeks each item I gotten on my DH has been damn mastery rank 1 or 2. I still have a 420 on cause it has infinite stars on it.
    This point they should just go back to the no WF/TF system and teir sets again.

I agree that WFing/TFing fulfills the intended purpose the devs stated it was supposed to do and I have found it to be an improvement in the game. But when my S.O. and I both went out and did the same quests in LGN, and her luck is uncanny next to mine, and she got several more TFs than I did over the course of a week or so, there was suddenly a noticeable gap between us that felt unfair so I do think it had (/has) issues.

But it was nice to run a Heroic and actually get an upgrade because it max TF'd and replaced something I had. That kinda feeling is pretty cool to me.

Fantasy : This LFR dude get this trinket that i couldn't even get in mythic raiding. SO UNFAIR!
    Reality : The is no practical situation in which a LFR + WQ player would even remotely out perform you overall, not even close, if you raid mythic.

And said "lucky" LFR+WQ player insist to focus on LFR + WQ only and hope to out perform a mythic raider. He would be doing 2023245574782103421387845 WQ. real math!
    Last edited by gobio; 2020-04-01 at 08:46 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I never had a problem with. Felt nice getting a bonus on something. People care way to much about what others are doing and getting in this game.
    I cared that when I got a drop from a boss in Mythic Uldir, the same item I got a month ago in Normal was on par. I don't give a shit if other people get upgrades running Normal or LFR, but I sure care about how it impacts my own gameplay experience.

I don't understand why people would want to raid or even play the game when there's no chance to get an upgrade. Once your guild has finally cleared the new tier and you've farmed it for half a year and everyone has had their BiS items forever what's the point? Now with WF/TF gone they've replaced it with an even worse system and come Shadowlands they're either going to remove any sort of loot powercreep system and stick with corruption or have something as bad or worse. WF/TFing was the only thing that gave a little incentive to do the same content over and over for a chance at character progression. Who cares if some LFR floor-licker got a mythic level TF item; it's not like these people are going to somehow become better than you and start raiding mythic because they have a TF piece now. The good players progress the hardest content and the rest don't, regardless of gear.
    Except corruption now replaces WF/TF with new BiS gear as different corruptions come with different ranks and different power levels per class/spec and even have different power gains between m+/raids and even ST vs AoE style raid bosses. It is actually harder now to get you final BiS gear now than back when we had WF/TF.
    As to your other point, I’m pretty certain Ion stated corruption won’t be moving forward into SL, but it is something they were looking at to potentially influence later systems depending on how it goes.
    On my own personal opinion, I much prefer to have BiS lists back without some WF/TF/Corruption/etc piece of BS BiS and go back to the days where I could raid log with the feeling that I’m done. Log in once a week just to kill the final boss and get people their mount and go play other things. It doesn’t bother me I don’t have personal BiS completed once the content is done, but I know other people want those things, and if I want to keep raiding with my guild then I better need to keep logging in to do so.

So it's players fault that the devs replaced a bad system with a worse system, rather than just going back to old systems that worked?
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I liked WF/TF and it was kind of nice on paper, but I find myself enjoying the raiding and loot more now. Maybe it's just the raid being better, or maybe it's the corruption system I personally find cool and interesting. Looking forward to increasing my resistance and getting some more corruptions. Still yet to get Infinite Stars which would be a major upgrade.

Oh and no, the new system is not more rng than wf/tf, because you just need to find 1-2 maybe 3 (later on) good corruptions and you're set.

Quote Originally Posted by cago View Post
    WoW existed before Legion, before tf was introduced and the loot system was just fine
    difference is that the current vocal playerbase is a bunch of whiners. they can literally give them everything they want and the first thing yo uwill hear was "why did it take so long?!?!"

TF wasn't fine. Corruption is better, but needs work.

Nice wall of text.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    I cared that when I got a drop from a boss in Mythic Uldir, the same item I got a month ago in Normal was on par. I don't give a shit if other people get upgrades running Normal or LFR, but I sure care about how it impacts my own gameplay experience.
    Sure the reverse is also true, felt nice to get a bonus on that lower gear, helped out in that raid at that time. Boss will always drop gear that you won’t use, but lest there was a chance for it to be useful.
    People make it out like cause you got a tf that all you gear is effected by it.

I'm so happy they removed the WF/TF system. It was imo boring, especially when a proc might not even be better than a lower iLvL item with the right stats and a socket.

Corruption is way more fun. Now I actually save corrupted items to mix around with and use in different combinations for different scenarios. The effects are cool and powerful which is great fun. I'd like them to update the visual on most of them though. Except for twilight dev most of the effects can hardly be seen at all and you only notice them when checking damage sources from the meters.

Point being, I'm happy, you're not. We both like the game but we want different systems. It's an insane task to make a good balance between these opinions, it's porbably possible though, somehow.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

15+ Year Old Account
    I miss TF. Another feature I liked was removed. But well, I guess I was in that minority of players who liked that thing but w/e
    Corruption stuff is boring for some reason, I was so hyped and... It didnt go well for me, i just unsubbed, eh.
    Lookin for Shadowlannds, I hope it'll be fun.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

The people who like TF do not like MMORPG's. Work out why that is for yourselves, took me all of 30 seconds to work it out. You are simply playing the wrong genre of game if you believe that TF/WF brought anything positive to the health and good of the game.

There are genres out there where layers upon layers of RNG make sense, WoW isn't a game where it does and it never did.

It wasn't fine, it would never be fine, good riddance.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once your guild has finally cleared the new tier and you've farmed it for half a year and everyone has had their BiS items forever what's the point?
    the point is you no longer have to do the content.

The good players progress the hardest content and the rest don't, regardless of gear.
    Oh, so it's not about the gear?

So what the actual fuck are you even on about?

Quote Originally Posted by cago View Post
    WoW existed before Legion, before tf was introduced and the loot system was just fine
    warforging/thunderforging existed since pandaria, 2 patches before legion. but the loot system has been screwed up since they made all these different tiers "difficulty" for a too wide range of gear level, which is what is currently causing the frequent stat/ilvl squish and the incoming level squish.

The old system fucked up trading the gear that dropped so if I got a piece of gear that was not an upgrade I could not trade it because it was one level higher or I could not go for offspec weapons to be able to trade to healers because of the item level difference it was a terrible system

The current system isn’t really that bad it is extremely unbalanced but you can at least build your character around it or you can completely ignore it

The idea of best in slot gear is to guarantee that your character is as powerful as you can get it but the current system is so flawed because your character right now is doing maybe half of the damage that you are responsible for right now with so many random Prox your character doesn’t really mean much I like the stat increase corruption the rest is just garbage