Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    WF/TF was NOT fine. It was a completely dumb system that ruined an entire expansion and 3/4 parts of another. Getting a piece of loot should be exciting, not that "awww crap, it didn't proc TF" feeling.

Now, truth be told, corrupted gear is even dumber, but at least it's going away for good in SL. Get rid of those random sockets and tertiary stats, or make them relatively easy to obtain, with a MoP-like upgrade system. Pretty please?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    warforging/thunderforging existed since pandaria, 2 patches before legion. but the loot system has been screwed up since they made all these different tiers "difficulty" for a too wide range of gear level, which is what is currently causing the frequent stat/ilvl squish and the incoming level squish.
    ye, but it had limit and you had other ways to upgrade your gear ilvl.. so, next

Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    the point is you no longer have to do the content.

Oh, so it's not about the gear?

So what the actual fuck are you even on about?
    well case and point.

people who want to just raid log and then stop sub once raid is cleared support removeal of TF

people who want to play game are now sad.

its a shame that blizzard took WoD route. it ended so bad for them back then

and its clearly ending bad now seeing how they had to pull, 100% xp buff and legacy loot 2 months into last tier

subs must be taking nosedive.

but hey - raid loggers are happy . great job .

Stfu WF was not fine and thank fuck it's gone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey look, another echo chamber of distorted opinions on the health of the game. Cool, cool.
    Perfect example of "that's just your opinion" thread.

WF/TF has a problem of being "wild" in legion, in BfA it got somewhat better, but yeah.. I miss it a bit, a +15ilvls top could have been the ceiling so running a +15 would at least have a chance of giving you something. Instead of our party now completely ignoring anything which is below our rio. I mean it just creates a bigger gap so good players will stick to high keys all the time and bad players won't see that many good ones in lower keys.

I am absolutely baffled by the fact that some people seemingly have the serious belief that people who voice their complaints over a system they dislike are at fault when the developers then replace the original systems with one they see as inferior.

Like, if the devs implement a bad system, it's their fault, not that of the community or any people that complained over the original system.

Quite frankly, i don't think Corruption even tackled the elephant in the room when it came to War and Titanforging: The random factor.
    If there would be some upgrade system that allowed you to upgrade specific pieces of your choice, most of the complaints in regards to war and titanforging wouldn't be there.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-04-01 at 12:52 PM.

Don't know where you've been for the past months, but WF/TF was replaced with Corruption. Raiders do repeat some content for the hope of same ilvl items with improved corruption effect. You can be lucky and get it fast, like you could get a directly TF weapon on your 1st kill of the targeted boss, or you be unlucky and need to be laughed at your dps for a longer while.
    Last edited by DeusX; 2020-04-01 at 01:34 PM.

TF was just stupid, that encouraged people to do all difficulties in the hope of getting a proc. My guild used to do 2 difficulty runs as standard for TF procs, it just caused burn out...

It was a system that promoted tediousness that completely devalued difficulty of content.

If someone isn't doing harder content there is absolutely ZERO need for them to have such gear. WoW did fine without it till before Legion. Want the higher ilvl gear? Do the difficulty for it.

All that being said, this corruption system blows just as much.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-04-01 at 12:56 PM.

It wasn't fine it broke a key part of the game and caused havok with the natural flow of progression. That said it is far better then corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I am absolutely baffled by the fact that some people seemingly have the serious belief that people who voice their complaints over a system they dislike are at fault when the developers then replace the original systems with one they see as inferior.

Like, if the devs implement a bad system, it's their fault, not that of the community or any people that complained over the original system.

Quite frankly, i don't think Corruption even tackled the elephant in the room when it came to War and Titanforging: The random factor.
    If there would be some upgrade system that allowed you to upgrade specific pieces of your choice, most of the complaints in regards to war and titanforging wouldn't be there.

The random factor?������������������������

So from now on 1 boss will only drop 1 item, cause damn random factor could kick in ������������������

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I never had a problem with. Felt nice getting a bonus on something. People care way to much about what others are doing and getting in this game.
    Covers most of it.

Besides the fury of the raidloggers, who don't want to play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember when Warforging was good and you could upgrade your gear with valor?

MoP remembers.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    TF was just stupid, that encouraged people to do all difficulties in the hope of getting a proc. My guild used to do 2 difficulty runs as standard for TF procs, it just caused burn out...

It was a system that promoted tediousness that completely devalued difficulty of content.

If someone isn't doing harder content there is absolutely ZERO need for them to have such gear. WoW did fine without it till before Legion. Want the higher ilvl gear? Do the difficulty for it.

All that being said, this corruption system blows just as much.

Yes, the problem was how high a titanforging could go, it should never ever be on par with the highest possible content, but raiding had devalued alot since legion now to, why raid when a 5 man gives u the same gear and perhaps better satisfaction? Cause you can go pretty high in difficulty and is easyer and more manageable then having to deal with 19 other people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YEETmeister View Post

MoP remembers.

I loved that system, sure wasnt perfect, but it had something good to it

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea of being able to upgrade gear is fine. Its the RNG of TF/WF that sucked. Like in Mists how we could farm that currency and go to the ethereals and upgrade stuff by choice? That was a great system. That let you make a little progress even on weeks where nothing dropped.

But the feeling that your BIS trinket that just dropped could have TF'd 30 ilevels higher and didn't? That honestly kind of sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YEETmeister View Post

MoP remembers.
    This!

/10chars
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most people knew that WF/TF were fine. People cried in Legion without understanding how the system worked, you had myths of LFR players in full sets of Mythic gear. We know now that was never the case. The odds of getting an LFR piece to Mythic base were about on par with hitting a smaller lottery. We learned near the end of Legion that from Normal you were likely to get one piece of Normal level gear that would TF to around Mythic base per tier. It never stopped being "Do the hardest content get the best rewards." There was just a chance that you'd hit the lottery and get a singular nice piece of gear that was equivalent to pretty much every single thing that dropped for me as a Mythic raider. It didn't devalue my activities or rewards at all and it incentivized running content outside of what you normally would. Also people are obsessive about this game and the loot in it and struggled to see a bonus as a bonus and burned themselves out chasing it.

Blizzard being Blizzard they like to change things even if they don't need changing. So now WF/TF are gone for Corruption, and in SL Corruption will be gone for something else, and people who spent years whining about TF/WF will be waxing poetic about it. Just like how when Valor points was current content in any of its implementations people hated it, but once we were in the WF/TF era people waxed poetic about how great valor had been.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Blaming people who wanted TF removed for Corruption is beyond moronic.

No one could have anticipated a system like Corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Most people knew that WF/TF were fine. People cried in Legion without understanding how the system worked, you had myths of LFR players in full sets of Mythic gear. We know now that was never the case. The odds of getting an LFR piece to Mythic base were about on par with hitting a smaller lottery. We learned near the end of Legion that from Normal you were likely to get one piece of Normal level gear that would TF to around Mythic base per tier. It never stopped being "Do the hardest content get the best rewards." There was just a chance that you'd hit the lottery and get a singular nice piece of gear that was equivalent to pretty much every single thing that dropped for me as a Mythic raider. It didn't devalue my activities or rewards at all and it incentivized running content outside of what you normally would. Also people are obsessive about this game and the loot in it and struggled to see a bonus as a bonus and burned themselves out chasing it.

Blizzard being Blizzard they like to change things even if they don't need changing. So now WF/TF are gone for Corruption, and in SL Corruption will be gone for something else, and people who spent years whining about TF/WF will be waxing poetic about it. Just like how when Valor points was current content in any of its implementations people hated it, but once we were in the WF/TF era people waxed poetic about how great valor had been.
    Wf tf was terribly flawed and a negative for the game. There shouldn't be a variety of power rewards for completing the same content it hinders progression and turns the entire communities mindset into grind= good.

Corruption is worse but let's not pretend this isn't a argument between awful and terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    I don't understand why people would want to raid or even play the game when there's no chance to get an upgrade. Once your guild has finally cleared the new tier and you've farmed it for half a year and everyone has had their BiS items forever what's the point? Now with WF/TF gone they've replaced it with an even worse system and come Shadowlands they're either going to remove any sort of loot powercreep system and stick with corruption or have something as bad or worse. WF/TFing was the only thing that gave a little incentive to do the same content over and over for a chance at character progression. Who cares if some LFR floor-licker got a mythic level TF item; it's not like these people are going to somehow become better than you and start raiding mythic because they have a TF piece now. The good players progress the hardest content and the rest don't, regardless of gear.
    Sorry OP (not sorry) but your shitty opinion is why WoW sucks today and I doubt you'll get many sympathizers other than the devs themselves obviously who want you to nolife WoW 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    The point is "you beat the patch, good job you can go play not-WoW if you want, or play an alt"
    This.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domm530 View Post
    I loved that system, sure wasnt perfect, but it had something good to it
    Wasn't perfect, but it was far better and wasn't very extreme with the item level, it was just +7.

You also had a reason to farm Valor Points as well through the entire expansion without being tedious.
    There was a cap at 1000 each week, unlike with AP where there is no real limit.