Question Absolute must have addons

Hey guys, can you all suggest me which addons are absolute must-haves for:

1. Leveling Alts
    2. World quest/contents at max level
    3. Raid
    4. M+
    5. PvP
    6. Other really useful addons that make life easier (addon that shows ilvl, copying trade chat link etc.)

Thanks much appreciated.

Hmmm, personal customization usually goes down to personal preferences, but I will tell you what I found working for me:

1. TurnIn - automatically accepts and turns in quests. No need for clicking aroind.
    2. Don't know what's thename of the one I use honestly. But aything you download here should work, so long as it gives you an overview of all WQs currently active.
    3. DMB / BigWigz / WeakAuras
    4. Method Dungeon Tool. This one I use mainly when I tank.
    5. Gladius / BattlegroundEnemies. Enemy frames.
    6. Prat (better chat) / WeakAuras (to track all kinds of things)

1) I advise Azeroth autopilot it will help with quests you don't know and make the experience faster (Do not use this if you want to read the quest text and take your time)

2) Everyone has their preferences, i like Elvui as mu Ui addon, Details for damage meters, Gatherer2 for herbing and Astral Keys for mythix

3) DBM or Big Wigs are a must

4) Little Wigs and Method Dungeon Tools

5) I don't PVP so some else is probably better for that

6) Pawn is an addon that helps with weight scoring for secondary stats
    Miks scrolling battle text makes the damage numbers more understandable (for me anyway)
    Auctioneer is a good addon although kind of obsolete now the AH has been updated

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some swear by Bagnon while others can't play without Weakauras. It's a matter of personal preference. I just recommend a coordinate addon like Tomtom as a baseline to be able to quick and easy track down whatever it is you're searching for. Try out the ones already mentioned in the thread and browse the library on curse for more addons that you might find interesting and helpful to you.
    OPie, Paste, HandyNotes and TomCats are all great and adaptable to whatever you may want out of them for any of the things you listed.
    Most use World Quest Tracker for just that and most collectors swear by SavedInstances and whatever achievement tracker you prefer if you're into hunting those down.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    1. TurnIn - automatically accepts and turns in quests. No need for clicking aroind.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're not one of the people who believes WoW is losing too many RPG elements.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I probably couldnt play without luxthos' weak auras.

Method dung tools are pretty handy for pugging 10+ keys and some kind of bag manager addon

I mostly have convenience tools:

Auctionator: improved AH interface - easier selling/purchasing
    Postal: improved mailbox interface (retrieve more items at the same time/send more items/remembers names of your alts)
    some damage meter: i personally still like recount although it's a memory hog
    World Quest Tracker: name speaks for itself
    DBM: raid/dungeon encounter alert
    Move Anything: adjust your interface the way you want
    SellJunk: (I think it's the name) adds a button to the vendor window to sell all gray items in your bags
    Last edited by Eggroll; 2020-04-01 at 10:37 AM.

• MuteSoundFile - Muted Zandalari combat sounds, which was a huge relief.
    • GTFO - Can save the day in the midst of chaos.
    • WeakAuras - Allows you to track important buffs and debuffs.
    • BigWigs/LittleWigs - Boss and dungeon notifications.

I suppose you can also go to Twitch App, and browse most popular ones, pick whatever you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Senju View Post

1. Leveling Alts
    3. Raid
    4. M+
    5. PvP
    6. Other really useful addons that make life easier (addon that shows ilvl, copying trade chat link etc.)

Thanks much appreciated.
    1. Dugi's Questing Essentials and Quest Plates
    2. World Quest Tracker
    3. DBM
    4. ?
    5. ?
    6. Prat

Raven for buffs/debuffs is an absolute must for me.

I can't understand how anyone can play with the little unlabeled squares for these.

I pretty much use
    Raven
    TomTom
    Vuhdo
    Litemount
    DBM
    Handy Notes (and add-on packs)

But I don't really raid, m+, or pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    ...But I don't really raid, m+, or pvp
    Mind me asking what do you do then? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Senju View Post

1. Leveling Alts
    3. Raid
    4. M+
    5. PvP

Thanks much appreciated.
    Well, overall, if I had to only use 1 addon, it would be elvUI. Or something similar, like the other tukUI branches or independent UI addons. It's just a one stop shop for so many QoL improvements. You get easy customization to all of the UI elements, a nice and minimalistic look for everything, good party and raid frames with decent functionality for healers, unified bag and bank, threat meter, your basic auto sell greys/repair at vendors, chat improvements, map coordinates and easy access to less used panels (like social, guild and calendar) without having to keep the micro-bar around. It even has decent nameplates included, although I'm using a seperate mod for that.

As for your questions, I don't think there is anything required for leveling, although the auto turn in for quests could save you a few years before wanking will become painful. For world quests, a general WQ tracker would do, used to use world quest tracker, and recently swapped to world quest tab, as it is less bloated with pointless features. For raid, you would definitely want a boss mod, does not really matter which one. Some guilds will ask for additional ones, like angry assignments or ERT, but they are by no means must have otherwise.

Same for m+, your boss mod will have it already or have a companion addon for the timers and abilities in dungeons. There are a bunch of other stuff that is useful, but nothing too important. For PvP, the only thing I consider a must have is some sort of cooldown tracker for the opponents. I use GladiatorlosSA2. Just knowing when an interrupt was used is a major part of being any kind of caster. And I like the audio queues that the addon gives you, save your screen real estate and I find them easier to process.

As for other stuff, I would find it hard to play without clique for my healers (although I use it on most classes for something at least), and weakauras 2 is a godsend, both in dealing with some mechanics (football boss) and with tracking cooldowns. Sure, you can do that by arranging action bars in a good way, but WA just makes it easier. And while we are on the topic of spells, bindpad saves you the hustle of rebinding keys, placing spells in to specific slots and having to have hidden bars for spells that don't have CD.

ElvUI covers a ton of other addons and has great defaults, yeah.

I always list GTFO in these threads. The addon is named GTFO, I'm not telling you to buzz off, and it has a very simple purpose-- when you're standing in the fire, it makes an annoying noise. This saves your bacon extremely, extremely often.

QE-Dungeon Tools is very nice for 5 mans.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.