Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    If the game is only fun because of the potential reward. The game is not fun.
    THIS. Worse, everything is designed to bypass creating entertaining content, by creating artificially prolonged content.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Yeah...but this creates absolutely unfun/boring gameplay.

Like waiting an entire week for a POSSIBILITY of an upgrade...not even guaranteed.
    Do you think this is fun gameplay?

If they at least let us roll the dice many times per week...
    Your easiest path to gear is:

1. Buy a +15 mythic plus run just to get the high key.

I assume you don't hav a key of your own. The first time you complete an M+,you will get a key of appropriate level. So if you haven't done it and suddenly do a +15, I think you get a +14 or +15 key right away.

2. Now organize your own +15 mythic runs.

I would hope you are at least ilvl 455.

You will be showered with ilvl 465 gear nonstop. Your weekly chest will have 475 gear.

What you really need to be doing is some +15 mythic plus ****AND*** a 5 mask vision for a 470 piece. You'll be well over 470 ilvl pretty quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    No, there must be caps.

It is not far that you, with nothing else to do in your life, can pull further ahead than the rest of us who can not be playing all day every day. Simple as that
    The game is already a gear > skills, which is absolutely wrong... The last thing it needs is to create a gap between people with all the free time and others without it.

Been there and done that, but after 15 years, you start having other responsibilities. Luckily, this is not going to change. It might be the only good thing about the new direction of the game really...
    I disagree. People who spend more time/effort -- as a result of WHATEVER the circumstance is that allows them to do that -- should be allowed to have an ever-increasing in-game stature. (This is said as someone who only plays a couple of hours a week these days, but who raided hardcore long ago.) One thing I remember fondly about playing EverQuest was how the players who raided the most and had been playing the game the longest were basically like gods -- living legends whose names everyone on the server knew. (I never quite got to that level, myself.) It was just another level of flavor, instead of everyone being cookie cutter clones with different names, such as is the case now with WoW. You SHOULD be able to obscenely outgear current expansion content, if you put in the time and effort to do so. I think the gear gap between non-raiders and the most dedicated raiders should have the potential to be so vast that a no-life max level raider should be able to one-shot a max level casual. Why not? Why SHOULD everything in the game be so damned homogenized?

Im not a big fan of the "waiting game" and timegates ( having to wait for the end of the week for the possibility of an upgrade )

So i decided to do 11 weekly conquest caps in a marathon of consecutive gameplay sessions of 2v2 arena.
    The game felt amazing at this point.

I was playing the game non stop everyday without any caps or timegates and receiving gear upgrades non stop.

But then i reached the CURRENT week...and the fun ended after 200 or 300 games

------

Why am i telling you this?

I would love for Blizzard to replicate this feeling with Shadowlands:

1) Being able to play non stop for upgrades without any caps
    2) Once maxed out in gear give us some kinf of "slot machine" system like Corruption to keep playing the game even more for the chance of an upgrade

Why do i want a slot machine system? Because is impossible to keep getting deterministic gear upgrades forever.
    You may not want a slot machine system...but we NEED it IF we are to get gameplay without any timegates.

------

Would you like to have non-timegated gameplay for gear upgrades?
    If the answer is yes:
    Would you be okay with another slot machine system (corruption) to accommodate said non-timegated content?
    You literally want a slot machine system? Get out of here, corruption Is bad, any added "Value" to gear Is bad. We should get gear and that's It. I need the Bracers of Abandonment to drop from Killkrog the Abandoned with X amount of Stamine, X amount of Strenght/Agility/Intel and thats It. It won't have a 64.5 % chance to get a socket, a 23 % chance to corrupt and get a great corruption effect or a 0.0000003 % chance to upgrade by 5 ilevels... It should just DROP and be DONE.

That's all gear has to be at the end of the day, now explain that to Blizzard please.
    Banned on WoW since April 2015 because Blizzard doesn't wanna help me when my account got hacked, Is being hacked not a good reason to return my account to me, Blizzard? I'm looking to speak to representatives and members of Blizzard's CS and other departments to help me fix this situation, since CS has failed me I want to seek other official channels. Feel free to message about this

Your easiest path to gear is:

1. Buy a +15 mythic plus run just to get the high key.

I assume you don't hav a key of your own. The first time you complete an M+,you will get a key of appropriate level. So if you haven't done it and suddenly do a +15, I think you get a +14 or +15 key right away.

2. Now organize your own +15 mythic runs.

I would hope you are at least ilvl 455.

You will be showered with ilvl 465 gear nonstop. Your weekly chest will have 475 gear.

What you really need to be doing is some +15 mythic plus ****AND*** a 5 mask vision for a 470 piece. You'll be well over 470 ilvl pretty quick.
    Thank you for showing me the easiest path to 470 item level i appreciate it
    But just the idea of organizing a mythic +14 with randoms...
    Maybe if i did it with a guild only.

Im one of those guys that does everything without communication and with pugs.
    Heck even the 2v2 arenas i did were without communication even though people asked for discord...i said no.

Ill be happy with full 460 pieces at my level of play

Time gating is the only way to keep wow "active",
    WoW is no more a Game but a Service, Blizz understand that in a game you can win and end the game = unsubb
    while a service is just endless,
    to add that, blizz stop making almost perfect game, cause problem and lame content make ppl ask for more and fix = more gametime

Quote Originally Posted by GucciWarr View Post
    Fucking old loser kill a mythic boss you poser
    What?

10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    I disagree. People who spend more time/effort -- as a result of WHATEVER the circumstance is that allows them to do that -- should be allowed to have an ever-increasing in-game stature. (This is said as someone who only plays a couple of hours a week these days, but who raided hardcore long ago.) One thing I remember fondly about playing EverQuest was how the players who raided the most and had been playing the game the longest were basically like gods -- living legends whose names everyone on the server knew. (I never quite got to that level, myself.) It was just another level of flavor, instead of everyone being cookie cutter clones with different names, such as is the case now with WoW. You SHOULD be able to obscenely outgear current expansion content, if you put in the time and effort to do so. I think the gear gap between non-raiders and the most dedicated raiders should have the potential to be so vast that a no-life max level raider should be able to one-shot a max level casual. Why not? Why SHOULD everything in the game be so damned homogenized?
    It encourages unhealthy gameplay and alienates new/casual players. Keep in mind that the majority of players would fall into this "casual" category and fall behind no-lifers.

Mythic+5 LF Healer. Neck level of 500 and cape level of 1000 minimum PST.

If you want unhealthy no-life gameplay there's classic PvP. People farming AV 16 hours a day...

Traditionally after getting PvP BiS (which is almost impossible in BfA, especially 8.3) you'd go after rating rewards. Elite gear used to have stat upgrades over conquest gear instead of just being cosmetic, which was better IMO. Or just stop and enjoy the fruits of your labor; go one shot people in random BGs or world PvP. The gear progression has to end at some point. Constantly running on a gear treadmill creates burnout. RNG on gear is bad for everyone but especially bad for PvPers since they want skill-based gameplay.

The best part about PvP is that it doesn't need content or infinite gear progression like PvE. The fun is supposed to come from the combat. Outplaying, showing your skill and experience, overcoming bad matchups, that's what it's supposed to be about. That stuff can't be found in legion or BfA, but it's what made me a PvP-only player from cata to legion.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2020-04-03 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Still makes no sense.
    Then learn to read. He said gear upgrades cannot be the only fun aspect, there needs to be inherent fun in the activities in addition to the rewards.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

Thank you for showing me the easiest path to 470 item level i appreciate it
    But just the idea of organizing a mythic +14 with randoms...
    Maybe if i did it with a guild only.

Im one of those guys that does everything without communication and with pugs.
    Heck even the 2v2 arenas i did were without communication even though people asked for discord...i said no.

Ill be happy with full 460 pieces at my level of play
    i organize them all the time. in my experience, any pug 10 or higher is easier to organize than 9 or lower because, as it turns out, bads are afraid of the obelisks you find up there.
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Then I can't do much for you. It's a pretty easy sentence to understand.
    Unless of course you considere those random mobile games fun. Then again, I can't do much for you. There is a southpark episode about that.
    I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I really do not mean this offensive, but is feels like we are talking about completely different topics.

Impossible. If you could get that much rewards from that marathon of content it wouldn't be "fun." It would be mandatory.
    And if they did that for PVP, they would have to do it for every other content pathway too.

Not on the table atm.
    Play the content you find fun, and don't worry about the rewards.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Ghostcrawler said once that they aren't keen on adding something that would prevent normal player from achieving it. I guess World of Warcraft is not that type of game where you can "get ahead" of everyone else.