Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Progress is not enjoyment.
    Thats not really for you to decide :/

It's all about 2 things:

1; risk vs. rewards -> currently the rewards are awarded for everything, but you HAVE TO DO 95% piss-easy content to get your character progression, so they failed here
    2; how they capture the carrot-on-a-stick feeling: this mechanism should be able to put the players into "the flow" which is hard to get, but Blizzard usually got it if they don't design the game via spreadsheets, and they failed here, too
    (other words: the carrot-on-a-stick should be HIDDEN from the players, but it SHOULD BE PRESENT, aka character progression without the feeling of grind)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    2) Once maxed out in gear give us some kinf of "slot machine" system like Corruption to keep playing the game even more for the chance of an upgrade[/B]

How about no?

How about they make the gameplay itself fun so people have a reason to play other than rewards?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    well you do know you can just do pvp atm ?

after all you love to do it. so why you need rewards ?
    I'm enjoying lvling my allied races during this event, But would i do it if there wasen't an achivement and transmogg at the end? Ofc not. I got more worthwhile things to do if there isen't an end goal to the Leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    How about no?

How about they make the gameplay itself fun so people have a reason to play other than rewards?
    You want deterministic rewards without any type of timegate AND without a slot machine system?

I would consume that content at the speed of light

10+ Year Old Account
    You want deterministic rewards without any type of timegate AND without a slot machine system?

I would consume that content at the speed of light
    And it wouldn't matter how fast you consumed it if the base gameplay was what was keeping you playing instead of the carrot on a stick.

And that's exactly how it should be. If all that is keeping you playing is the carrot on a stick the game isn't a game anymore, it's a fucking job, because they will never let you really get that carrot no matter how much time you put into it.

Blizzard has become so consumed with this "monthly active users" metric that they have forgotten that if your game is fun people will play it, and they wouldn't need all this timegateing and RNG on top of RNG bullshit to keep people around.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-04-03 at 05:50 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

And it wouldn't matter how fast you consumed it if the base gameplay was what was keeping you playing instead of the carrot on a stick.

And that's exactly how it should be. If all that is keeping you playing is the carrot on a stick the game isn't a game anymore, it's a fucking job, because they will never let you really get that carrot no matter how much time you put into it.
    Thats why i dont want just some kind of slot machine system.

I want a slot machine system with odds on my favor and able to "roll the dice" many times.

Dont you find addicting running 2 Horrific visions per week and "roll the dice" on that sweet sweet chance of good corruption?
    I find it addicting.
    The only problem is you cant roll the dice more often than 2 times per week.

Im only happy because i already got 1 mindlfay and 1 AoE Echo...not sure if i would be this happy about the system if i didnt got this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont you find addicting.
    No.

That's why I want the gameplay to be fun on it's own, if the gameplay is fun the game doesn't need to crutch on "addicting" predatory mechanics to keep people playing.

I've not been subbed since BoD precisely because the gameplay is not fun.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2020-04-03 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    We don't need to be constantly upgrading our gear. It used to be nice when all of these systems didn't exist. You had a BiS list and worked slowly towards it.
    Fucking old loser kill a mythic boss you poser

No.

That's why I want the gameplay to be fun on it's own, if the gameplay is fun the game doesn't need to crutch on "addicting" predatory mechanics to keep people playing.

I've not been subbed since BoD precisely because the gameplay is not fun.
    I know that feeling. I get an urge to play again until I watch a youtube video of someone doing Arena and I immediately get disgusted. I guess the game is just not fun to the most basic level for me these days.
    Mighty one, never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It is not far that you, with nothing else to do in your life, can pull further ahead than the rest of us who can not be playing all day every day. Simple as that
    Wait, its fair to handicap other people because you cant invest time into an RPG to progress your character? This backwards mentality is what killed WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Wait, its fair to handicap other people because you cant invest time into an RPG to progress your character? This backwards mentality is what killed WoW.
    But is it really? WotLk had clear limitations and still it had the highest subs in the games lifecycle
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Everything requires a balance. There should certainly be some catch up and some limit to certain things. It is why there are raid lock outs in the first place. To put a limit on stuff. People who can invest more should have access to more or rather access to more easier.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    If the game is only fun because of the potential reward. The game is not fun.
    THIS. Worse, everything is designed to bypass creating entertaining content, by creating artificially prolonged content.

Yeah...but this creates absolutely unfun/boring gameplay.

Like waiting an entire week for a POSSIBILITY of an upgrade...not even guaranteed.
    Do you think this is fun gameplay?

If they at least let us roll the dice many times per week...
    Your easiest path to gear is:

1. Buy a +15 mythic plus run just to get the high key.

I assume you don't hav a key of your own. The first time you complete an M+,you will get a key of appropriate level. So if you haven't done it and suddenly do a +15, I think you get a +14 or +15 key right away.

2. Now organize your own +15 mythic runs.

I would hope you are at least ilvl 455.

You will be showered with ilvl 465 gear nonstop. Your weekly chest will have 475 gear.

What you really need to be doing is some +15 mythic plus ****AND*** a 5 mask vision for a 470 piece. You'll be well over 470 ilvl pretty quick.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    No, there must be caps.

It is not far that you, with nothing else to do in your life, can pull further ahead than the rest of us who can not be playing all day every day. Simple as that
    The game is already a gear > skills, which is absolutely wrong... The last thing it needs is to create a gap between people with all the free time and others without it.

Been there and done that, but after 15 years, you start having other responsibilities. Luckily, this is not going to change. It might be the only good thing about the new direction of the game really...
    I disagree. People who spend more time/effort -- as a result of WHATEVER the circumstance is that allows them to do that -- should be allowed to have an ever-increasing in-game stature. (This is said as someone who only plays a couple of hours a week these days, but who raided hardcore long ago.) One thing I remember fondly about playing EverQuest was how the players who raided the most and had been playing the game the longest were basically like gods -- living legends whose names everyone on the server knew. (I never quite got to that level, myself.) It was just another level of flavor, instead of everyone being cookie cutter clones with different names, such as is the case now with WoW. You SHOULD be able to obscenely outgear current expansion content, if you put in the time and effort to do so. I think the gear gap between non-raiders and the most dedicated raiders should have the potential to be so vast that a no-life max level raider should be able to one-shot a max level casual. Why not? Why SHOULD everything in the game be so damned homogenized?

7+ Year Old Account
    Im not a big fan of the "waiting game" and timegates ( having to wait for the end of the week for the possibility of an upgrade )

So i decided to do 11 weekly conquest caps in a marathon of consecutive gameplay sessions of 2v2 arena.
    The game felt amazing at this point.

I was playing the game non stop everyday without any caps or timegates and receiving gear upgrades non stop.

But then i reached the CURRENT week...and the fun ended after 200 or 300 games

------

Why am i telling you this?

I would love for Blizzard to replicate this feeling with Shadowlands:

1) Being able to play non stop for upgrades without any caps
    2) Once maxed out in gear give us some kinf of "slot machine" system like Corruption to keep playing the game even more for the chance of an upgrade

Why do i want a slot machine system? Because is impossible to keep getting deterministic gear upgrades forever.
    You may not want a slot machine system...but we NEED it IF we are to get gameplay without any timegates.

------

Would you like to have non-timegated gameplay for gear upgrades?
    If the answer is yes:
    Would you be okay with another slot machine system (corruption) to accommodate said non-timegated content?
    You literally want a slot machine system? Get out of here, corruption Is bad, any added "Value" to gear Is bad. We should get gear and that's It. I need the Bracers of Abandonment to drop from Killkrog the Abandoned with X amount of Stamine, X amount of Strenght/Agility/Intel and thats It. It won't have a 64.5 % chance to get a socket, a 23 % chance to corrupt and get a great corruption effect or a 0.0000003 % chance to upgrade by 5 ilevels... It should just DROP and be DONE.

That's all gear has to be at the end of the day, now explain that to Blizzard please.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Your easiest path to gear is:

1. Buy a +15 mythic plus run just to get the high key.

I assume you don't hav a key of your own. The first time you complete an M+,you will get a key of appropriate level. So if you haven't done it and suddenly do a +15, I think you get a +14 or +15 key right away.

2. Now organize your own +15 mythic runs.

I would hope you are at least ilvl 455.

You will be showered with ilvl 465 gear nonstop. Your weekly chest will have 475 gear.

What you really need to be doing is some +15 mythic plus ****AND*** a 5 mask vision for a 470 piece. You'll be well over 470 ilvl pretty quick.
    Thank you for showing me the easiest path to 470 item level i appreciate it
    But just the idea of organizing a mythic +14 with randoms...
    Maybe if i did it with a guild only.

Im one of those guys that does everything without communication and with pugs.
    Heck even the 2v2 arenas i did were without communication even though people asked for discord...i said no.

Ill be happy with full 460 pieces at my level of play

Time gating is the only way to keep wow "active",
    WoW is no more a Game but a Service, Blizz understand that in a game you can win and end the game = unsubb
    while a service is just endless,
    to add that, blizz stop making almost perfect game, cause problem and lame content make ppl ask for more and fix = more gametime

Quote Originally Posted by GucciWarr View Post
    Fucking old loser kill a mythic boss you poser
    What?

10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    I disagree. People who spend more time/effort -- as a result of WHATEVER the circumstance is that allows them to do that -- should be allowed to have an ever-increasing in-game stature. (This is said as someone who only plays a couple of hours a week these days, but who raided hardcore long ago.) One thing I remember fondly about playing EverQuest was how the players who raided the most and had been playing the game the longest were basically like gods -- living legends whose names everyone on the server knew. (I never quite got to that level, myself.) It was just another level of flavor, instead of everyone being cookie cutter clones with different names, such as is the case now with WoW. You SHOULD be able to obscenely outgear current expansion content, if you put in the time and effort to do so. I think the gear gap between non-raiders and the most dedicated raiders should have the potential to be so vast that a no-life max level raider should be able to one-shot a max level casual. Why not? Why SHOULD everything in the game be so damned homogenized?
    It encourages unhealthy gameplay and alienates new/casual players. Keep in mind that the majority of players would fall into this "casual" category and fall behind no-lifers.

Mythic+5 LF Healer. Neck level of 500 and cape level of 1000 minimum PST.

If you want unhealthy no-life gameplay there's classic PvP. People farming AV 16 hours a day...