Command to show current UI Scale

Does anyone have the command to run in game to show what the current UI scale is set to?

afaik there is no such command.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you need a command. I believe it's in the settings. Can't remember where but I have definitely moved a slider to alter the UI scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

I know there is a command to do it because I have done it. I just don't have the command any longer. I'm asking for the command for a reason, I know the one under the settings menu.

Try this
    Code:
    /dump C_CVar.GetCVar("uiScale")

Quote Originally Posted by quthar View Post
    Try this
    Code:
    /dump C_CVar.GetCVar("uiScale")
    That does work, but it just outputs 1.0. Which is not true. For example, I know my current UI scale is at about 0.82. Any modifications to that script?
    Last edited by Lery; 2020-04-02 at 02:49 AM.

The cvar "uiScale" is the only ui scale. If it says 1.0, your scale is 1.0. Wherever you're seeing 0.82 is not your ui scale, unless you want to provide more info or clarification as to why you think your ui scale is 0.82.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Check "useUiScale" too. If it's set to 0 then the game will ignore any custom scale.

There should be a checkbox in the options that controls that. Right next to the scale slider.

edit:
    Turns out if useUiScale is disabled then the scale is set based on your screen resolution. You can see it with /dump UIParent:GetScale()
    Last edited by quthar; 2020-04-02 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quthar View Post
    Check "useUiScale" too. If it's set to 0 then the game will ignore any custom scale.

There should be a checkbox in the options that controls that. Right next to the scale slider.

edit:
    Turns out if useUiScale is disabled then the scale is set based on your screen resolution. You can see it with /dump UIParent:GetScale()
    That is more like it. That outputs 0.63999998569489

Now if I check the box under System to use UI scale, it defaults that slider to 1. Confirmed with the command /dump UIParent:GetScale(). This is exactly what I needed. Thanks so much and enjoy the rest of your day/night.