Does the Goren "Log" Roller toy still drop?

I've been killing him for 3 expansions now and it won't drop. Is there a trick to this? Is it horde only? Do you need to do something? Complete a quest? It won't drop.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Got it in legion, can't remember how many tries so probably not too many.

Some wowhead comments say they went up to 200ish tries, so it's just low drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I've been killing him for 3 expansions now and it won't drop. Is there a trick to this? Is it horde only? Do you need to do something? Complete a quest? It won't drop.
    You've been killing this rare mob for 3 expansions now? Maybe camp some alts there
    Wowhead says 13% drop rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Got it in legion, can't remember how many tries so probably not too many.

Some wowhead comments say they went up to 200ish tries, so it's just low drop rate.
    Most say 5-20 times. So not really that low.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You've been killing this rare mob for 3 expansions now? Maybe camp some alts there
    For months, when I finish an M+, I use the toy that warps you to Frostfire Ridge, then I see if its up. I probably have hundreds of kills by now. People are camping the thing. Just today I warped there after an M+ and it wasn't up, so it had been killed under an hour ago. I waited like 10 minutes, it spawned, and IMMEDIATELY some low level pally of the opposite faction showed up to kill it.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Regardless, it seems that it does indeed still drop. There is some chance that the drop rate was broken by some world remake/scaling mechanics, but you will never really be able to confirm that, especially with such a low profile item like this toy. Ironhoof Destroyer (mythic blackhand mount) has had its drop rate broken by conversion to legacy loot and it remained so for like half a year until it was finally fixed very recently. Countless people were reporting that, and even then, armies of idiots kept claiming it's just bad luck You can try making a report to Blizz, but don't hope they act on it unless there's a lot of other people also doing the same.

All you can really do is just keep trying. What I would advise personally is to just go full throttle at it. Doing it "every now and then" is a good method for some, but it does give you this feeling that you've been doing something for ages, which is sometimes contrary to the facts. Park all your alts there and kill it every day on all of them until you get it. Make sure to install Rarity to be able to count the attempts more easily too.

- - - Updated - - -

There is one comment on the wowhead page for the toy mentioning like 20 tries. Everyone else is 110+, 200+, and some asking if it still drops
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-04-02 at 11:59 AM.

Regardless, it seems that it does indeed still drop. There is some chance that the drop rate was broken by some world remake/scaling mechanics, but you will never really be able to confirm that, especially with such a low profile item like this toy. Ironhoof Destroyer (mythic blackhand mount) has had its drop rate broken by conversion to legacy loot and it remained so for like half a year until it was finally fixed very recently. Countless people were reporting that, and even then, armies of idiots kept claiming it's just bad luck You can try making a report to Blizz, but don't hope they act on it unless there's a lot of other people also doing the same.

All you can really do is just keep trying. What I would advise personally is to just go full throttle at it. Doing it "every now and then" is a good method for some, but it does give you this feeling that you've been doing something for ages, which is sometimes contrary to the facts. Park all your alts there and kill it every day on all of them until you get it. Make sure to install Rarity to be able to count the attempts more easily too.

There is one comment on the wowhead page for the toy mentioning like 20 tries. Everyone else is 110+, 200+, and some asking if it still drops

low
    --------------------
    high

(And this guy was doing it wrong, on trials, then got it in ONE KILL when he used an actual character.)

I think in your early morning stuper you got your comment messed up.
    you meant to say "There Is one comment on the page for the toy mentioning 110+200, everyone else is like 20 tries"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-04-02 at 01:31 PM.

Wowhead isn't the Bible. I've updated and corrected bad or missing information on there before. (Even as recently as last week). That is the point of this thread. I'm suspicious that there is an extra step to getting the toy to drop that no-one has reported on wowhead, and I'm wondering if someone here knows. When you see conflicting reports of getting a drop in 1 kill and nothing in hundreds of kills, that's a good candidate for there being a missing step.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Wowhead isn't the Bible. I've updated and corrected bad or missing information on there before. (Even as recently as last week). That is the point of this thread. I'm suspicious that there is an extra step to getting the toy to drop that no-one has reported on wowhead, and I'm wondering if someone here knows. When you see conflicting reports of getting a drop in 1 kill and nothing in hundreds of kills, that's a good candidate for there being a missing step.
    I mean i showed you, most people get it pretty quick, just make sure you are doing it on your actual charecter. and not a trial
    only 2 people have shown doing over 50 runs to get it.

low
    --------------------
    high

(And this guy was doing it wrong, on trials, then got it in ONE KILL when he used an actual character.)

I think in your early morning stuper you got your comment messed up.
    you meant to say "There Is one comment on the page for the toy mentioning 110+200, everyone else is like 20 tries"
    Lots of cropping effort, but it's kind of in vain when half of those don't even mention actual attempt counts. Also, none of these actually prove you cannot loot it on a trial character .That would be a one off, seeing as you can get all toys and pets on trial characters, and that's actually the easiest method of getting many collectibles in the game atm. Some mounts drops are exempt from that, but this is obviously not a mount. It's more likely that the people who were killing the mob on trial characters and then got it on a main just got lucky. But again, we can't really confirm anything here.

OP's case is not that of doing it on a trial character too, so I'm not even sure why we're debating this here.

Either way, the only real solution to this situation is to keep trying.

Lots of cropping effort, but it's kind of in vain when half of those don't even mention actual attempt counts. Also, none of these actually prove you cannot loot it on a trial character .That would be a one off, seeing as you can get all toys and pets on trial characters, and that's actually the easiest method of getting many collectibles in the game atm. Some mounts drops are exempt from that, but this is obviously not a mount. It's more likely that the people who were killing the mob on trial characters and then got it on a main just got lucky. But again, we can't really confirm anything here.

OP's case is not that of doing it on a trial character too, so I'm not even sure why we're debating this here.

1. "About 20 kills"
    2. "8 kills"
    3. "Killed him 10-20 times but no drop yet"
    4. "Got it after 20 kills"
    5. "got it at 55 kills"
    6. "Im at 42 no drop yet"
    7. "Killed 60 times no drop, trial, killed it once on main got it right away"
    8. "Killed twice got it"

now please. "when half of those don't even mention actual attempt counts."

oh also its not lots of cropping effort, get sharex (or puush as it used to be called)
    Takes 2 seconds.
    CTRL+SHIFT+R (My keybind) and then drag a box over the area, and it uploads that area right away to imgur, so it takes all of literally 2 seconds to screenshot it.
    Also no, trial charecters speficily have things on them to stop people from using them to farm.

but OP likely has just gotten insanely unlucky, as most people seem to get it pretty quick, but there is some outliars.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-04-02 at 11:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, none of these actually prove you cannot loot it on a trial character
    Except for the fact that trial characters have a 24 hour period they can not enter raids or obtain mounts/toys/etc that are account bound. Blizzard did that to prevent people from making trial characters over & over & over again just to farm shit.

10+ Year Old Account

Do you have some reading deficiency?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

farming it for 3 expansions? Thats a lot of effort for an incredibly useless toy.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Also no, trial charecters speficily have things on them to stop people from using them to farm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Do you have some reading deficiency?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Except for the fact that trial characters have a 24 hour period they can not enter raids or obtain mounts/toys/etc that are account bound. Blizzard did that to prevent people from making trial characters over & over & over again just to farm shit.
    I see that a gang of people who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about has shown up. Welcome to this forum section that you probably only visited because the thread popped up in the latest posts.

Yes, trial characters have limits and cannot loot raid mounts, as well world boss mounts.

They can, however, loot toys, pets and some other less important mounts. Up until like 7.3 they could also be used to get TLPD and Aeonaxx (this was later changed and caused some uproar).

Now geniuses, how do I know this? I got my own TLPD, Aeonaxx, all 3 zandalari world mounts from mop, all 4 tanaan jungle mounts and countless world drop toys and pets using trial characters - back in Legion when I didn't yet have my own 50 characters on various servers.

It's fine not to know this, but unloading your ignorance on someone who tries to inform you is just a sign of being a big dummy.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-04-02 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see that a gang of people who have absolutely no idea what they're talking about has shown up. Welcome to this forum section that you probably only visited because the thread popped up in the latest posts.
    The irony.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    The irony.
    I guess I must have imagined all the collectibles I got through trial characters then. Weird...I still have them, I guess Blizz just gave them to me to trick me to believe it works?

You literally have people commenting on 8.3 invasion zone mounts, like Malevolent Drone, that they got them through trial characters, but I guess those people are imagining things too.

Again, posting moronic BS is half the problem, not being able to admit you were wrong is much worse.

I guess I must have imagined all the collectibles I got through trial characters then. Weird...I still have them, I guess Blizz just gave them to me to trick me to believe it works?

You literally have people commenting on 8.3 invasion zone mounts, like Malevolent Drone, that they got them through trial characters, but I guess those people are imagining things too.

Again, posting moronic BS is half the problem, not being able to admit you were wrong is much worse.
    I think the "you cant read" is cause you said half of the things didnt even have numbers, but only 2 didnt.

Went and killed him once as i noticed he was up while i was gathering footage.

Went and killed him once as i noticed he was up while i was gathering footage.
    Wow you are lucky. I'm wondering if it never ever drops because maybe it dropped for one of my 20 alts and I never used it and maybe it can only drop once per account or something, so its just sitting in their bags somewhere. But I don't think that's it. I think it can keep dropping. I'm not sure. Its annoying.