Full timewalking vs releasing older expansions

I think apart from vanilla classic, other classics should be implemented as part of timewalking instead, including their respective rewards systems. Timewalking rotation through entire expansions with the entire expansion features including the associated class abilities & talents, in other words a simulation of each expansion inside retail where you could go back to Legion Mage Tower and earn those rewards again for example.

They have the tech to do it, but I'm guessing the challenge is allowing multiple class skills/talents/ability-bars systems at the same time. I don't think releasing more classics is manageable in the long run. WoW would need a terabyte of disk space for all expansions to run separately from each other.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2020-04-02 at 02:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like a bad idea.

The reason why people want to play Classic versions, is to experience the journey of that expansion. Going from nothing to something. If it was just becasue we wanted to raid or try max lvl stuff in that expansion, BT/Ulduar Timewalking would be much more popular than it is.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I think apart from vanilla classic, other classics should be implemented as part of timewalking instead, including their respective rewards systems. Timewalking rotation through entire expansions with the entire expansion features including the associated class abilities & talents, in other words a simulation of each expansion inside retail where you could go back to Legion Mage Tower and earn those rewards again for example.

They have the tech to do it, but I'm guessing the challenge is allowing multiple class skills/talents/ability-bars systems at the same time. I don't think releasing more classics is manageable in the long run. WoW would need a terabyte of disk space for all expansions to run separately from each other.
    Nah just uninstall Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

The reason why people want to play Classic versions, is to experience the journey of that expansion. Going from nothing to something. If it was just becasue we wanted to raid or try max lvl stuff in that expansion, BT/Ulduar Timewalking would be much more popular than it is.
    TW is not popular because people don't know how to advertsie it in LFG. People don't know what they reward. For the so called "best raid of all time" there is never anyone looking to run Ulduar let alone the other two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

u forgot the massive change in class abilities and design
    the easiest example while i raided ICC for months non stop, i'd never do it timewalk, because dispel now has 6 sec cd
    those dungeons/raids were designed for the abilities u had back then, bfa removed most of them making them unplayable unless they get heavily nerfed, making it instead of relive experience a frankestien deformation of ur experience
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Nah just uninstall Retail
    Do it. I dare you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

So,so many things would break.... the closest thing I could see to that kinda sorta working is if they make templates with gears,stats,and talents of the time but that is still a massive amount of work.