Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Non-essential but my work implemented a WFH program early on so I'm still working full time. It's actually better this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Does your employer not provide you gloves while you're working? Every gas station, grocery store, restaurant, and other place that handles money out here provides their employees with gloves. Most provide masks too but not all.
    essential worker here. ours was really slow to start doing that. it wasn't until april 3rd that they started doing and i still haven't received my mask yet. no gloves either.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-04-14 at 04:32 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Issue that I have as well. Sucks places of employment (as mine) are temporary shut down during this crisis, I'm glad, and thankful that they eased the limitations and restrictions on Unemployment and implemented the Care Act which generates 600$ a week with your Unemployment benefits, but workers like you? The only thing extra you guys are getting is the 1200 stimulus check, which EVERYONE gets.

So its like, you guys stay and work. For literally the same thing, with added risk, exposure to the virus and general hardship working during a pandemic.
    thats very shortsighted though.

once money stop pouring from taxes first to cut will be social systems.

and people will be left with nothing - neither there will be work for them nor they will get social support.

people dont think what will happpen in 6-12 months - they worry only about next month and thats their biggest mistake

Essential employee, still having to work (although mostly isolated in my Fortress of Solitude at work).

I am losing patience with my coworkers whining about how bored they are getting paid to sit home and do nothing, however. I'm ready to crumple up my "essential employee" paperwork and stuff it up somewhere tender.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work for Aetna, who's a major healthcare provider for multiple state's Medicaid/Medicare needs. I'm in IT, I use C#, SSIS and SQL Server to manage the literal shit ton of data they work with every day.

So I work from home, but I'm also essential.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thats very shortsighted though.

once money stop pouring from taxes first to cut will be social systems.

and people will be left with nothing - neither there will be work for them nor they will get social support.

people dont think what will happpen in 6-12 months - they worry only about next month and thats their biggest mistake
    meh in 2008-2009 they expanded those social systems over and over again. you could get almost a full year of unemployment, food stamp increases and other programs saw their funding and qualifications expanded.

We are currently in decades long govt run where there are no cuts to anything....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Essential and still coming into the plant, but when I can scrape together enough computer work to keep me occupied for a full day, I work from home when I can. So i have been basically just saving up computer work all week and working from home on fridays.

I work in Gas Turbine manufacturing, so we tied into electric grid stability, although with a long lead time. Basically, if we stopped working, the units that would be coming offline next year wouldn't have replacements ready, so we would risk major blackouts/brownouts during the summer/winter of 2021. It is just one of those things that needs to keep turning. We reduced capacity as much as we could, so there is only about a third as many of us at the plant as there was, and we are all separated into little groups that avoid each other.

I work in IT for a plastics company that makes a lot of products for medical and military/police. We also makes barriers that a lot of stores are putting up to protect employees etc..

I'm currently working because my country hasn't shut down non-essential jobs. So, I still have to go to work. Well, 'cept tomorrow 'cause now I've got a bad dry cough.

I work in scientific sales and while technically my company is essential, the sales teams have had fuck all to do recently because we can't be in the field talking to customers. We can't keep going like this. they're even talking about even cutting the sales jobs, so you know that's bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    I'm essential because apparently Karen can't live without her new InstaPot, Gladys will surely die if she doesn't get her Dior perfume, and Debra is most assuredly going to perish without her Coach handbag.
    What about what Chad & Brad are ordering???

Quote Originally Posted by Furiaen21 View Post
    For some reason I'm still working. Apparently golf is essential.
    What state/country are you in that is allowing golf courses to be open. California shut them down a long time ago. I thought they were shut down across the US too not just here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Last big scam starting. IF your kid is 17-23 and in school and had no job. Have them claim themselves as an independent contractor in 2018-2019. You can pick anything. Babysitter income for watching your other kid, mowing the lawn a few times, etc etc.
    Then because their income is below the requirement to file. Poof.
    Log on to IRS web site.
    Click on button for non filers, give information.
    Bam 1200 dollars.
    People like my sister, brother-in-law, and their two daughters who all filed earlier in the year are fucked because of this. My sister & her husband claim both of their daughters on their taxes because that was the only tax breaks they got. My nieces both work part-time and wouldn't normally have to file but did so they could get back what they paid into taxes (gotta love how low income earners most of the time get back all of their fed tax money and a lot of times the same with their state taxes). No sarcasm there either. I think its great because quite frankly they are the ones that need the refund the most and usually put it to good use like bills or rent or towards a car they need to replace anyway. Anyway, people like my sister & her family are fucked because they filed earlier in the year and now can't do this little thing you just described.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I'm currently working because my country hasn't shut down non-essential jobs. So, I still have to go to work. Well, 'cept tomorrow 'cause now I've got a bad dry cough.
    Um going out on a limb here but are you in Sweden by any chance?

warehouse worker, been working the whole time. and im fucking grateful for that, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Non essential worker.

I'm at home wasting away on unemployment playing WoW collecting 380$ + 600$ a week doing so
    i used to live that life, beware man...it will wear on your mind.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I already worked from home so it hasn't changed anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    warehouse worker, been working the whole time. and im fucking grateful for that, too.

- - - Updated - - -

i used to live that life, beware man...it will wear on your mind.

I'm just enjoying it while it lasts. Much rather be working. Out on my days off, but really can't do that, at least to the "normal" extent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furiaen21 View Post
    See this is my problem, (with the system, not you personally). You're making more money than I am not working, yet I still have to go to work and bust my ass AND be at risk of exposure, for less money. Over golf. A bloody golf course.
    Where you live, are you on mandated quarantine? Or voluntary isolation?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Retail online ordering department. This pandemic has made me even more busy than usual but at least I have a temporary raise.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'm an "essential worker" as I work in the water industry and deal with a variety of things, it can definitely be essential. However, at a time where the government is advising everyone to stay in unless completely necessary to go out, it's complete bs that we're going into work every day, working normal hours, to do non essential work.. Everyone is pissed off as we are out working and putting ourselves at risk, whilst management and pencil pushers are tucked up nice and safe at home.

We should be at home in working hours and called in on an emergency basis for ESSENTIAL jobs. They don't give a shit about us, though, so not going to happen.
    Last edited by TJ; 2020-04-15 at 05:13 PM.

I'm just enjoying it while it lasts. Much rather be working. Out on my days off, but really can't do that, at least to the "normal" extent.
    word, good luck, and stay safe
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...