Poll: What do you prefer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I like corruption, but I think it needs a few changes.

Corruption should be in lieu of secondary stats.
    Corruption shouldn't proc on hit damage, it should either proc skill c/d reduction or provide effects to specific attacks.
    There shouldn't be "levels" to corruption, the ilvl should effect the "level" of the corruption. Higher ilvl, higher corruption stats/cd reduction/etc...

Not being able to remove the cosmetic glow of corruption sucks a bit sometimes.

The only bad thing about corruption was its acquisition at the beginning of 8.3 - very luck based / requiring cash to buy off of AH. Since this has been fixed and now you get a corrupted loot every time you do a vision, I have no issues with the system.

You only need to get lucky with one item to get a good corruption, instead of multiple ones TFing, and then you're set for the rest of the patch. You can collect some additional minor upgrades as times goes by. I also like the idea of the trade off between more power and more hindrance with the additional corruption mechanics.

No, I don't like switching gear for different content, but not sure what exactly does this have to do with corruption.

Overall, once again I am really baffled that a new system is made that seems to answer a lot of complaints from the past, but so many people still hate it. I don't think Blizzard can ever win with some people, especially the vocal minority / forum warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    No, I don't like switching gear for different content, but not sure what exactly does this have to do with corruption.
    For min-maxing you need to switch 3 lvl stars for single target dps and 3 lvl twilight for multi-target.

I'm fine with gear changing depending on what I'm doing. The procs on corrupted gear are just absurd though, and the entire process of buffing the cloak got old very very quickly.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't like any of proposed options, in general, my opinion on issue has been touched in sufficient detail, for example, here+ (all control over items' scope belongs to characteristics, but neither AA nor corruption systems are such). In this particular case, first question that arises is *What is "content" in OP's understanding?* And second will be about *How OP sees for himself "correct" design of open world in general and dungeons in particular?*
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-04-03 at 08:33 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    The ONLY problem with corrupted gear is the addition of the throughput affixes like Twilight Devastation and Infinite Stars etc. If corruption gear would have only been passive stat increases it would have been fine. The way it was first when it entered PTR - the throughput affixes were added in subsequent builds and completely wrecked the whole system - they did the exact same mistake they did with Legion legendaries.
    It's not the only problem of the system (in my opinion), but I definitely agree that the uncontrollable proc effects like twilight devastation are one of the biggest problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    I didn't like any of proposed options, in general
    That's completely okay. I just didn't want to make more than 4 options. You can always pick the one you lean towards the most or of course there is the option of just not answering the poll. Whatever is fine if you feel the options doesn't fit your believe

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    my opinion on issue has been touched in sufficient detail, for example, here
    I wouldn't expect the users of this forum to read something like this. Most people in here ignore posts which are more than 5-10 lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Pros:
    Potential for impacting gameplay via effects like Ineffable Truth, Glimpse of Clarity, Void Ritual and Racing Pulse.
    Usain from Beyond and the Eye are decently well designed, even if some classes/specs deal with them much more easily than others.

Cons:
    Most effects have no gameplay impact and just randomly make you do stupid damage.
    Adds even more sources of damage that are not tied to playing properly.
    Power level of corruption is too high overall.
    Tuning is awful.
    Acquisition is entirely random.
    The downsides being random procs with no ICD is stupid.
    The slow has no counterplay and just randomly gets you killed.
    Use you cape, rare will you or should you deal with multiple needs to use it pop. If that keeps happening you might want to run with less corruption
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Any RNG on gear other than a drop rate is inherently bad. I like the idea of different gear for different content but not in any way blizzard has done so far. Ideally gear you get from m+ is BiS for m+, PvP gear is BiS for PvP, raid gear is BiS for raiding, and WQ gear is BiS for open world content. This way nobody has to do content they don't enjoy for upgrades.

I have the same attitude towards corruption as I do Azerite Gear & Essences. Nice idea, horrible implementation.

I like being able to customize my gear and tailor if for each encounter. As an example, my Healer has M+ Corruption focused on AoE, raid Farm Corruption which uses Infinite Stars and Raid Progression Corruption, boosting my healing.

But... as a Healer, many of my early corrupted items were DPS focused. Too much corruption to equip with a low level cloak, and gave zero healing benefit. It wasn't for several weeks that I actually started to enjoy Corruption.

Same with early Azerite gear... potentially couldn't use an upgrade due to neck level.
    Same with essences, don't necessarily have a certain one due to time gating, or locked behind content you don't enjoy.

All these systems offer great customization but are ruined by the way they were implemented.