Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Thank you for posting this and proving people who back up imbalance and just complete fucking morons and should be ignored. Because if they didn’t believe it before this post will certainly convince them.
    Well, u'r proving that I don't want to play with anyone like you in my realm. Toxic and insulting. WoW is not for u mate. Reported.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Well, u'r proving that I don't want to play with anyone like you in my realm. Toxic and insulting. WoW is not for u mate. Reported.
    That’s fine. I’m only toxic and insulting to people who deserve it for being so dumb they could effect the outcome of how a game survives. No reason to act rational around irrational people now is there.

  3. #183
    If you want top play alliance you better play on a PvE server then I guess. It sucks to suck.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballfan View Post
    Did you just get done watching asmongold video or something? and decided that giving all paladins seal of blood was a good idea? Yeah hard pass. Only horde should get seal of blood. period.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh maybe we should give all priests, not just dwarves, fear ward in classic cause it'll cause faction inbalance there too?
    You're comparing a 3 minute cooldown situational spell that obviously has no effect on how the other races play... to a rotational spell.
    Maybe use a better comparison if you're trying to make yourself look smart on the internet, bud.
    Bad troll.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    That’s fine. I’m only toxic and insulting to people who deserve it for being so dumb they could effect the outcome of how a game survives. No reason to act rational around irrational people now is there.
    You are insulting a person on a fan site, on a post which is a DISCUSSION, which you are clearly not capable of. Anything we say over here has influence on the game yet you take it so personally. TBC has not been announced either. I have given you EU numbers on Alliance who actually wanted to PvP is lower than Horde, you will never have perfect balance, even without racials and equal population there would be visual appearance or there would be a top raiding guild who some will want to side with or a better questhubs or whatever. The only fix is no factions.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    You are insulting a person on a fan site, on a post which is a DISCUSSION, which you are clearly not capable of. Anything we say over here has influence on the game yet you take it so personally. TBC has not been announced either. I have given you EU numbers on Alliance who actually wanted to PvP is lower than Horde, you will never have perfect balance, even without racials and equal population there would be visual appearance or there would be a top raiding guild who some will want to side with or a better questhubs or whatever. The only fix is no factions.
    I'm not speaking about what you say that will change the game. I speaking about your actions behind being completely chill with 80/20 servers. You made it quite clear you are fine with going with the pack of imbalancing servers for your profit and act like everything is ok.

    The only fix is q times or straight up turning off character creation at a point. I am not for the second solution because I do think if someone wants to play horde they should, just understand that you are going to be sitting in a q so you don't ruin the game.

    And I was having a discussion just fine, until people like you chimed in with literal nonsense then there was no need for discussion anymore. Simply saying stuff like 'just do nothing the servers will be fine' is beyond idiotic. Just look at what has happened in the last couple months with classic servers. You do nothing, it will kill servers, full stop, end of argument, stop spewing nonsense.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Didn't they turn off layers?
    Most people were 60 by the time they did it.
    19KbBmTBCvHyA3eHFhP8UCnbx2JoYA3az6

  8. #188
    Source of faction imbalance are the hordes broken racial powers and class-specific advantages (primarily paladin BE seal).
    No matter what blizzard does they can never fix it because simply put horde has benefits that alliance does not.

    Any solution other than changing those racial differences will not fix the problems.
    And changing racials would greatly screw over the TBC "no changes" status...
    BfA = second worst product ever made by Blizzard.
    War3 Reforged took the title for worst product.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Source of faction imbalance are the hordes broken racial powers and class-specific advantages (primarily paladin BE seal).
    No matter what blizzard does they can never fix it because simply put horde has benefits that alliance does not.

    Any solution other than changing those racial differences will not fix the problems.
    And changing racials would greatly screw over the TBC "no changes" status...
    There is no blizzard "Classic" game with no changes currently so i doubt that "classic Tbc" would be no Changes.

  10. #190
    Legendary! Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    6,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    No more Battleground premades. period
    Make premade meet premades with equal "sizes", like for WSG, a 3man premade will face another 3man+7randoms.
    R I P old signature.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    That’s fine. I’m only toxic and insulting to people who deserve it for being so dumb they could effect the outcome of how a game survives. No reason to act rational around irrational people now is there.
    The irony.

    You're only toxic and insulting towards people who deserve it for being so dumb? Yet you clearly don't know the difference between "effect vs. affect"?

    I think you should leave this discussion to people who have more meaningful, thought-out, and educated contributions to make.

    Back on topic: Faction imbalance is purely player-driven. There really isn't anything Blizzard can do besides connecting realms. Which we all know isn't going to happen because of... well, the "classic experience".
    Last edited by Ohsorry; 2020-04-05 at 08:24 PM.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsorry View Post
    The irony.

    You're only toxic and insulting towards people who deserve it for being so dumb? Yet you clearly don't know the difference between "effect vs. affect"?

    I think you should leave this discussion to people who have more meaningful, thought-out, and educated contributions to make.

    Back on topic: Faction imbalance is purely player-driven. There really isn't anything Blizzard can do besides connecting realms. Which we all know isn't going to happen because of... well, the "classic experience".
    Oh grammar nazi on a forum imagine that. I didn't realize to show intelligence we had to make sure everything was in MLA format with no errors. You're adorable.

  13. #193
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsorry View Post
    Back on topic: Faction imbalance is purely player-driven. There really isn't anything Blizzard can do besides connecting realms. Which we all know isn't going to happen because of... well, the "classic experience".
    When they connected realms on retail they didnt care about faction balance. My server went from horde majority to horde dominated.

  14. #194
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Right now in Classic, factions are remotely balanced. On most servers horde outnumber alliance, but it is a playable balance. Some servers unfortunately have slipped away from this playable balance and we've all seen the numerous threads complaining about it.

    However if nothing is done, the issues with faction balance we currently experience will seem like a complete nonissue compared to what TBC will bring us.

    We know from private server data that at the start of each server we see a 70-30 to 80-20 faction balance favouring horde. Then in a manner of days to weeks this imbalance will quickly compound to 95+-5- balance as Alliance players quit or factionswitch because the game is literally unplayable for them.

    What are the reasons for this? Outside of subjective reasons like blood elf aesthetics or faction psychology, the main reasons for faction imbalance on TBC servers stems from the fact that horde racials are considered slightly better for PvE and much better for PvP. But one of the largest difference is in Paladins as the Horde Seal of Blood is a huge buff over Alliance paladins. This means that from an objective point of view, both PvP and PvE players have no reason to roll Alliance.

    With the min-max mindset we see in Classic, I'm fully expecting this private server trend to continue into Classic TBC. Even if current servers are progressed into TBC as is, I fear many Alliance players will straight up reroll.

    Now I don't want to suggest massive game overhauls as I simply do not trust current Blizzard to make such changes. The same reason why I wouldn't want to see Classic + as I have no faith in their ability to execute this. As such, the options we have to prevent this Alliance exodus are limited.

    Balancing the PvP racials would be too extensive of a change, and as such we simply need to accept some imbalance will exist. However I believe that for PvE we can make a very minor change that would make a huge difference, and that is making Seal of Blood available to all Paladins regardless of race. In a way it is a very minor change that fits in with the TBC design philosophy as many Vanilla racial class abilities were either removed or made class-wide, making Seal of Blood an outlier. While this would do nothing for PvP players, at least it removes a large incentive for PvE players to reroll to Horde. Combined with progressing current servers giving incentive to people to continue to play their current characters as rerolling would put them behind (as opposed to starting fresh servers) we can hopefully prevent private servers scenarios from happening in Classic. I would also suggest faction locks, preventing players who don't already have a character of level 60 to make new characters on factions that are outnumbering the opposing faction.

    I know this will not please purists, however I believe that in order to have a playable experience for both factions that resembles actual TBC as closely as possible, this one minor change needs to be made.

    P.S
    Please no retail players ITT that spam #nochanges out of spite, thanks.
    What makes you think they can do anything to "fix" faction imbalance in "TBC" if they can't even fix it for Retail. No Faction imbalance was a thing in TBC and it will remain so. Just like in Classic Wow Alliance guilds dominate raiding, just like they did in Vanilla.

  15. #195
    Blood elves continue to be one of the worst things added to WoW. As an Alliance player, I still don't think they should change anything to balance factions though. Horde is already highly favored on most servers for no good reason and that's not going to change.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Most people were 60 by the time they did it.
    No they werent. The first wave of tryhards were 60. Including myself. But "most" is a huge exaggeration.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    What makes you think they can do anything to "fix" faction imbalance in "TBC" if they can't even fix it for Retail. No Faction imbalance was a thing in TBC and it will remain so. Just like in Classic Wow Alliance guilds dominate raiding, just like they did in Vanilla.
    What makes you think they can't? Have they done anything to try and fix the balance? No. So because they haven't tried anything, what makes you think that they can't do it?

    Faction qs would work 100%

  18. #198
    Nope. no seal of blood for alliance. dumb

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    When they connected realms on retail they didnt care about faction balance. My server went from horde majority to horde dominated.
    You’re right. It didn’t solve it. People still transferred to other realms anyway. My underlying point is; there’s nothing that can be done which will definitively fix faction imbalance. They’ve tried for years with retail without success.

  20. #200
    It is because most players are little runts that think they are bad ass & want to be on the cool side.
    you are as smart as a tolit brush......as allways your wrong.... when has a xbonie ever been right? NEVER.... why you OUTSOLD 3.5 to 1....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •