Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    What makes you think they can't? Have they done anything to try and fix the balance? No. So because they haven't tried anything, what makes you think that they can't do it?

Faction qs would work 100%
    They have added war-mode and alliance got more rewards from it, most of alliance just not bothered to turn it on. Half of top 10 pop alliance realms were PVE while only 3/10 realms are PvP. in US 6/10 top alliance pop realms are pve 3/10 Horde again. Alliance players don't like world pvp. How can u fix that? Oh yeah, by putting restrictions on realms and factions. No thx and that would never work. There are only few balanced servers and others are at a big disbalance, either horde or alliance winning by a large margin. Also those realms tend to have the most population overall.
    You have one idea which "would totally work" and yet you ignore any stronger arguments and just straight up insult people.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    They have added war-mode and alliance got more rewards from it, most of alliance just not bothered to turn it on. Half of top 10 pop alliance realms were PVE while only 3/10 realms are PvP. in US 6/10 top alliance pop realms are pve 3/10 Horde again. Alliance players don't like world pvp. How can u fix that? Oh yeah, by putting restrictions on realms and factions. No thx and that would never work. There are only few balanced servers and others are at a big disbalance, either horde or alliance winning by a large margin. Also those realms tend to have the most population overall.
    You have one idea which "would totally work" and yet you ignore any stronger arguments and just straight up insult people.
    ‘Stronger arguments’

You mean people saying do nothing when we are in a time period where we see servers completely die out after being one of the top populated servers?

Yeah such a strong argument. LOL

Also everything you just said basically backs up the need for faction qs tbh. So thanks for helping my argument.

The only thing you said against qs is that it would make people mad and they would quit. That's funny because a majority of classic players have sat in a q basically for the majority of classic..... hmm you would think they would quit if they were like you said... right?
    Last edited by Synical123; 2020-04-05 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    What makes you think they can do anything to "fix" faction imbalance in "TBC" if they can't even fix it for Retail. No Faction imbalance was a thing in TBC and it will remain so. Just like in Classic Wow Alliance guilds dominate raiding, just like they did in Vanilla.
    They can fix it, They know how to do it.

But they wont.

‘Stronger arguments’

You mean people saying do nothing when we are in a time period where we see servers completely die out after being one of the top populated servers?

Yeah such a strong argument. LOL

Also everything you just said basically backs up the need for faction qs tbh. So thanks for helping my argument.

The only thing you said against qs is that it would make people mad and they would quit. That's funny because a majority of classic players have sat in a q basically for the majority of classic..... hmm you would think they would quit if they were like you said... right?
    Que sitting with everyone on equal ground and que so that minority can play freely is a different thing.

I will try to explain this very simply

Faction balance is player created
    Freedom of choice leads to the problem
    Removing it removes some players

Maybe I wanna play a blelf pally on the same realm as my friends. With any intervention by blizzard I would just not bother.

It’s like a child smashing their hand in the door and asking mommy to stop them from doing it.

Choose your faction and if it’s unbalanced then roll on a pve realm

Why tho? I mean look at Classic, things worked themselves out so do you really need blizz to intervene just to be flamed by more ppl?

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    -TBC needs changes to prevent extreme faction imbalance-
    Overall very true - TBC has much larger issues with faction imbalance than Classic does (Classic is "balanced" because Alliance = PvE and Horde = PvP), however, Blizzard has something at their disposal that private servers don't: sharding.

That's really the only change we can hope for, because even if Alliance gets Seal of Blood, Horde will still have the (vastly) superior racials, along with one of the most played races in the game (which they don't in Vanilla, yet Classic still has more Horde players, and TBC makes Horde the superior PvE faction as well).

We'll either see massive imbalance, lack of players, or some kind of Classicified sharding that allows Alliance to not be vastly outnumbered on PvP servers - ie most Horde will be on shards without any Alliance at all, whereas most Alliance will be on shards with a balanced enemy population.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Why tho? I mean look at Classic, things worked themselves out so do you really need blizz to intervene just to be flamed by more ppl?
    I assume you have no experience with TBC private servers. Read the OP. Change is needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I will try to explain this very simply

Faction balance is player created
    Freedom of choice leads to the problem
    Removing it removes some players

Maybe I wanna play a blelf pally on the same realm as my friends. With any intervention by blizzard I would just not bother.

It’s like a child smashing their hand in the door and asking mommy to stop them from doing it.

Choose your faction and if it’s unbalanced then roll on a pve realm
    Think of it more like this:

A child has two classrooms to choose from freely, one of them has candy, video games, a nice teacher, and snuggly armchairs while the other classroom has nothing but wooden chairs, wooden tables, and a mean teacher.

Each child's parents pays the school to let them be there. If they quit, they obviously don't pay anymore. The school obviously wants them to stay.

How many do you think choose the second classroom? Do you think the school would do something about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Blizzard made MASSIVE changes to WoW Classic so that it is nothng like vanilla.

The core of vanilla gameplay is an in-game community. The FIRST thing they did was strike at the HEART of that by adding layers. That prevents people from being forced to socialize to organize quest kills at low levels. So they FIRST thing they did was try to KILL the in-game community. Right off the bat. That promoted an antisocial game play that did not exist in vanilla. Then they made the servers incredibly huge, which ALSO attacks and destroys the in-game community because with small server sizes found in vanilla, in-game communities are much easier to form.

So don't tell me they won't change anything. They absolutely did. And the changes were massive and missed the entire point of classic.
    Layers were necessary man and not having them would have resulted in so many dead servers... layers were absolutely fine. You are probably one of those people who got mad when they changed it so you cant get mc'ed out of wsg portal and forced a deserter debuff. Because "NOCHANGES" ...
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's the kind of shit that you see on private servers. I doubt Blizzard wants to copy this model.
    Honestly if it became so bad that it negatively impacted the game they'd just enable layering on the servers where it's a problem. What I suggested would be some kind of way to avoid that and promote server individuality (That Classic / TBC players like), but it's honestly pretty clear they have this system on the back-up just in case it needs to be put into place to fix issues.

Then again, I still believe they will just ignore it and leave it be like they did for so many years on retail, until they added in phasing / layering and then War Mode in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    If you mean people quitting means working it out by itself then yea, sure.

@OP. There's nothing Blizzard can do about it, it's going to be Horde dominated, just accept it.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Honestly if it became so bad that it negatively impacted the game they'd just enable layering on the servers where it's a problem. What I suggested would be some kind of way to avoid that and promote server individuality (That Classic / TBC players like), but it's honestly pretty clear they have this system on the back-up just in case it needs to be put into place to fix issues.

Then again, I still believe they will just ignore it and leave it be like they did for so many years on retail, until they added in phasing / layering and then War Mode in BfA.
    Faction imbalance is a player-invented issue. Blizzard has a track record of never addressing the problem directly and I doubt they're going to do an about-face simply because loud minorities on this forum feel like the issue is more important than it actually is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    If you mean people quitting means working it out by itself then yea, sure.

@OP. There's nothing Blizzard can do about it, it's going to be Horde dominated, just accept it.
    Very few people quit entirely because of faction imbalance; server transferring and rerolling are both valid alternatives. And while I'm sure it's on the list I'd wager things like, "I'm bored of the game," and "my friends don't play any longer" are significantly higher.

Faction imbalance is a player-invented issue. Blizzard has a track record of never addressing the problem directly and I doubt they're going to do an about-face simply because loud minorities on this forum feel like the issue is more important than it actually is.
    Well, yeah. Blizzard has only solved these issues in with new features in either an expansion or a patch. That's what all the layering and stuff helped with, it's what battlegrounds tried to alleviate and provide content to those on over-crowded realms; let alone the removal of all PVP servers with Warmode. It's why I kept saying they won't - I'm just throwing out random ideas otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Well, yeah. Blizzard has only solved these issues in with new features in either an expansion or a patch. That's what all the layering and stuff helped with, it's what battlegrounds tried to alleviate and provide content to those on over-crowded realms; let alone the removal of all PVP servers with Warmode. It's why I kept saying they won't - I'm just throwing out random ideas otherwise.
    Honestly, I'd fucking love to see Blizzard do a big dick move and put something like War made in TBC just to see how things would pan out. But we all know it won't happen.

Honestly, I'd fucking love to see Blizzard do a big dick move and put something like War made in TBC just to see how things would pan out. But we all know it won't happen.
    Yeah, they probably won't do anything like that immediately or without care anyways. They'd do a PTR or voting type of system first - and again, we all know how rabid the #NoChanges people are, despite being just a vocal minority.

Just have a set balance for the faction. Try to make one just won’t let ya. Only problem I see are fake accounts to spite one side.

Que sitting with everyone on equal ground and que so that minority can play freely is a different thing.
    Nope not really at all actually you either have the q or you don’t if you don’t like it you have the option to fix the situation yourself. People on other servers don’t have a q but you might on yours.
    Last edited by Synical123; 2020-04-06 at 11:56 AM.

never gonna happen and has 0 use

wow is a pve game not a pvp game... wpvp is of 0 importance to blizz, and thats all you are talking about wpvp
    because well instanced pvp is semi balanced around same number groups... fairness there isnt realisticaswell because, well there arnt x tanks x healers for x dps etc to make even balanced groups face eachother... the work around is/was ranked/premades

now lets say you have these "faction" ques... how does it solve anything...???

for example we're letting 1000 alliance and 1000 horde play at the same time, thats what you want. everything over on either sides... tought luck have fun in que. you now have a "balanced" server, BUT you dont have balanced zones.... how far do you want to take it? the moment i run into zone x i will be held back by an invisibile wall untill A more alliance get in that zone or B some hordie leaves?

so in the end it will mean that eventho you have the same amount of faction players on the server you still get roflstomped by pvp-ers, wich omg suprise suprise are mostly horde.

400 horde in brm waiting for 100 alliance ... the other 600 are grinding stuff, and your 900 others are sitting in ironforge... is that balance ? because on paper we still have the 1000 vs 1000 situation on the server.
    ow look the sunwell isle is out... but im flying circles around the isle because there are 99 alliance and 99 horde on the island already?!?!

great idea mate!!! [sarcasm]

Nope not really at all actually you either have the q or you don’t if you don’t like it you have the option to fix the situation yourself. People on other servers don’t have a q but you might on yours.
    So how do you deal that there is smaller number of alliance who wishes to pvp, which means that Horde will inevitably sit in the ques. And surprise, even alliance tends to gather on realms so they are safer, not only horde, so we will have bunch of people sitting in the ques both sides.

So how do you deal that there is smaller number of alliance who wishes to pvp, which means that Horde will inevitably sit in the ques. And surprise, even alliance tends to gather on realms so they are safer, not only horde, so we will have bunch of people sitting in the ques both sides.
    See this is your issue, your little brain has you convinced that people are suggesting this in order to 'get at' the horde. Or to punish them or something. That's not the case. If it was 80/20 alliance on all servers I would be saying the EXACT SAME THING for the alliance.

If you don't want to sit in ques, then do your part to keep the servers balanced. If you don't care and you just want to swarm one server, tough luck pal sit in a q.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by osmo View Post
    never gonna happen and has 0 use

wow is a pve game not a pvp game... wpvp is of 0 importance to blizz, and thats all you are talking about wpvp
    because well instanced pvp is semi balanced around same number groups... fairness there isnt realisticaswell because, well there arnt x tanks x healers for x dps etc to make even balanced groups face eachother... the work around is/was ranked/premades

now lets say you have these "faction" ques... how does it solve anything...???

for example we're letting 1000 alliance and 1000 horde play at the same time, thats what you want. everything over on either sides... tought luck have fun in que. you now have a "balanced" server, BUT you dont have balanced zones.... how far do you want to take it? the moment i run into zone x i will be held back by an invisibile wall untill A more alliance get in that zone or B some hordie leaves?

so in the end it will mean that eventho you have the same amount of faction players on the server you still get roflstomped by pvp-ers, wich omg suprise suprise are mostly horde.

400 horde in brm waiting for 100 alliance ... the other 600 are grinding stuff, and your 900 others are sitting in ironforge... is that balance ? because on paper we still have the 1000 vs 1000 situation on the server.
    ow look the sunwell isle is out... but im flying circles around the isle because there are 99 alliance and 99 horde on the island already?!?!

great idea mate!!! [sarcasm]
    Holy christ this is the dumbest post I've seen in a while. Judging by your account I'm going to say this was written by an actual 6 year old.

My dude, certainly you can understand the difference between there being 10 to 1 horde on a full server at all times and just more horde gathering up in one area to do something. Right? right...?

See this is your issue, your little brain has you convinced that people are suggesting this in order to 'get at' the horde. Or to punish them or something. That's not the case. If it was 80/20 alliance on all servers I would be saying the EXACT SAME THING for the alliance.

If you don't want to sit in ques, then do your part to keep the servers balanced. If you don't care and you just want to swarm one server, tough luck pal sit in a q.
    Except that is is not an official forum and you are already talking as if this is going to happen. Which is not, tough luck pal. My "small brains" is capable enough that this is not a fix at all. It's a block. Fix is something which fixes underlying problem, which at the moment is player agency. Block is like painting a molded wall instead of eliminating reason why mold develops there.