Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Except that is is not an official forum and you are already talking as if this is going to happen. Which is not, tough luck pal. My "small brains" is capable enough that this is not a fix at all. It's a block. Fix is something which fixes underlying problem, which at the moment is player agency. Block is like painting a molded wall instead of eliminating reason why mold develops there.
    You can't change players decisions. That's a hard fact. You have to fix the decisions they make. Hence why server qs exist. Blizzard can tell you all they want 'don't swarm this one server it can't handle the load' but players do it anyway so what happens? Bam, q times. Same thing would work with faction qs.

The only argument you have against it is basically just 'no'.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    But then it would have been classic if all priests had it now. That was the point. To make certain classes, races, class/race combos stand out. You want the fear ward? Roll a Dwarf.
    What do you think OP is arguing against.. Class specific abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    If you don't care and you just want to swarm one server, tough luck pal sit in a q.
    Unfortunately for you, Blizz doesn't seem to care either so... tough luck? I'd suggest you to roll PvE this time around if you wanna do some WPvP in TBC, because PvP servers will likely have zero Alliance for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    What do you think OP is arguing against.. Class specific abilities.
    I know. And to that I say boo fucking hoo. Roll a dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarator8 View Post
    Unfortunately for you, Blizz doesn't seem to care either so... tough luck? I'd suggest you to roll PvE this time around if you wanna do some WPvP in TBC, because PvP servers will likely have zero Alliance for the most part.
    I'm not suggesting this is what they are going to do, this is a discussion for what would fix it. Do you have anything productive to say to counter this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The CRUCIAL time to NOT have layers is when servers first opened, because that's where you can force social interaction and cooperation with lots of people in the starting zones. Turning them off later does jack shit.
    Those social interactions were forced with layers aswell. Layers had ZERO negative effect on the social aspect of the game. The only negative was that at level 60, yes, at max lvl, not at low lvls or the starting zones, it could be abused for economic "cheating" by layerhopping to farm rare mats like Arcane Crystals and Black Lotus, but also increased amount of mats in general.

And ofc, the most obvious thing: Without layers, 90% of ppl trying to play would have been unable to log in for the 2 first months of the Classic, because they would have been stuck in queues from the moment they got home from work/school until they went to bed, and the only ones allowed to play would be those who took time off / the unemployed. Evem with the multiple layers they had on launch (and the addtional ones added after), all the popular servers still had many hours of queues at peak time for more than a month after the release.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Those social interactions were forced with layers aswell. Layers had ZERO negative effect on the social aspect of the game. The only negative was that at level 60, yes, at max lvl, not at low lvls or the starting zones, it could be abused for economic "cheating" by layerhopping to farm rare mats like Arcane Crystals and Black Lotus, but also increased amount of mats in general.

And ofc, the most obvious thing: Without layers, 90% of ppl trying to play would have been unable to log in for the 2 first months of the Classic, because they would have been stuck in queues from the moment they got home from work/school until they went to bed, and the only ones allowed to play would be those who took time off / the unemployed. Evem with the multiple layers they had on launch (and the addtional ones added after), all the popular servers still had many hours of queues at peak time for more than a month after the release.
    Layers worked for Classic's launch and it's almost 100% certain they'll return for whatever iteration of TBC Blizzard comes out with. Only the purists want to play revisionist and pretend like it had a negative impact in retrospect.

I'm not suggesting this is what they are going to do, this is a discussion for what would fix it. Do you have anything productive to say to counter this?
    I honestly don't see anything productive about your suggestion, it feels awful and I honestly don't see why, as a PvE player I should be constrained by a system designed for people who play on PvP servers. Let faction balance is what it is.

I honestly don't see anything productive about your suggestion, it feels awful and I honestly don't see why, as a PvE player I should be constrained by a system designed for people who play on PvP servers. Let faction balance is what it is.
    Pve player commenting about faction balance issues.... bud, please chime out. You don’t see me talking about how to balance raids as a pvp player. This would be pvp server exclusive as pve servers don’t see any downside to this. That or make it so it doesn’t get extremely extremely out of hand like 90/10 ratio. So far the only thing against faction qs is “I don’t like it” but the alternative is doing nothing that creates dead servers. Again, pvp server exclusively

Name one thing they actually did to try to solve faction balance. And please tell me you don’t them reworking racials was an attempt
    - Free faction transfers
    - Free server transfers
    - Cross-realm BG's
    - Realm connections

Just some of the things Blizzard have done to address faction imbalance among other things.

Pve player commenting about faction balance issues.... bud, please chime out. You don’t see me talking about how to balance raids as a pvp player. This would be pvp server exclusive as pve servers don’t see any downside to this. That or make it so it doesn’t get extremely extremely out of hand like 90/10 ratio. So far the only thing against faction qs is “I don’t like it” but the alternative is doing nothing that creates dead servers. Again, pvp server exclusively
    Well, I guess I wouldn't mind if that were the case. Though intervening only on PvP servers would limit it to basically faction queues, since any other form of rebalancing would be out of the window.

... then again none of this has any chance of happening so yeah.

#nochanges

I suspect they will begin to experiment with small changes in TBC while having left vanilla mostly untouched. Faction changes will probably be a thing - paid and free for terribly unbalanced servers. I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked racials as well, because yeah, racial balance is a big problem. To those saying they will never make changes - stop being gullible and dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsorry View Post
    - Free faction transfers
    - Free server transfers
    - Cross-realm BG's
    - Realm connections

Just some of the things Blizzard have done to address faction imbalance among other things.
    When did they ever do free faction transfers?

Server transfers isn’t for faction imbalance it’s for server imbalance

Cross realm bgs fixes q times because of imbalance it doesn’t even attempt to fix faction imbalance

Realm connections once again, doesn’t fix faction imbalance per server it just completely removes your connection to one specific server. This is like saying “hey bud how did you fix your trucks flat tire?” “Well I just blew my truck up so I didn’t have to worry about the tire”

The only thing on this list that would be even remotely close to helping is the free xfer thing but if it was a limited time then what you’re saying is pointless

Please could you be anymore clueless

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I guess I wouldn't mind if that were the case. Though intervening only on PvP servers would limit it to basically faction queues, since any other form of rebalancing would be out of the window.

... then again none of this has any chance of happening so yeah.
    Just like classic never had a chance of happening.
    Last edited by Synical123; 2020-04-06 at 10:39 PM.

Just like classic never had a chance of happening.
    Or just like AV 1.5 in Classic never had a chance of happening

Or just like AV 1.5 in Classic never had a chance of happening
    I bet you think that was a smooth comment lol.

I bet you think that was a smooth comment lol.
    Why are you so obsessed with this idea of faction queues? Blizzard has never done them in the past, has never indicated that they would do them, has never even so much as mentioned the very existence of faction imbalances. Yet, in your mind suddenly they're not only going to go back on 15-plus years of established non-acknowledgment but they're going to implement an extremely controversial change which doesn't even fully address the problem and would in all likelihood just make the issue even worse?

More power to you dude but your idea fucking sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Why are you so obsessed with this idea of faction queues? Blizzard has never done them in the past, has never indicated that they would do them, has never even so much as mentioned the very existence of faction imbalances. Yet, in your mind suddenly they're not only going to go back on 15-plus years of established non-acknowledgment but they're going to implement an extremely controversial change which doesn't even fully address the problem and would in all likelihood just make the issue even worse?

More power to you dude but your idea fucking sucks.
    Did I say they were going to do this at any point?

I can see them making more changes to Classic TBC than they did with Classic Vanilla. Alliance side will be completely dead if they don't.

Did I say they were going to do this at any point?
    ...yes?

Quote Originally Posted by You, literally one page ago
    Also everything you just said basically backs up the need for faction qs tbh. So thanks for helping my argument.
    You've also been telling other people to "solve the issue" then making fun of their responses because you think your idea is better. And while that's a cool way to win arguments in the fourth grade, it's not exactly a strong debate technique.