Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Problem is faction generally leans on personal preference and "what are my friends playing" a lot of people will either play their preferred faction or not at all which can domino with that guys friends screaming blizzard sucks and also leaving

So empty servers or unbalanced ones your pick
    No, faction balance is overwhelmingly affected by game balance. If players follow their friends to the same faction, then what makes the first friend decide what faction to pick?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    The only time racials where deacently balanced was in Wrath, the most popular expansion, give us wrath racials. It was the only time we saw like 60% alliance and 40% horde pop too.
    Throughout a lot of the games life span it's been a 55/45 split to horde. Actually in vanilla back in the old days alliance outnumbered horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    People are going to play whatever faction they want and I believe they want them to be imbalanced so they always enjoy crushing noobs in PvP, or in the world should they choose to foolishly engage the powerful dominant faction.
    Sometimes you don't have a choice on a PvP server

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Bruh, you're the one who derailed the conversation of the last few pages with your pointless imaginary claims.
    I made a factual statement and you derailed it, I'm assuming because you probably felt dumb for that whole 'it will never work....unless they actually cared about their game then it would work...but anyway it wont work'

Ok sweet heart. How about you go play with your little anime dolls and try to stay out of talks that make your brain hurt too much ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I'll go with what can be proven. Cant go wrong there.
    But what can be proven? More than doubled isn't a number. It could be anything from 101% to 10000%. Simply put you don't know yourself so you're not in a position to claim his "tripled" is outright wrong. But this is going off-topic too much now.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    I made a factual statement and you derailed it, I'm assuming because you probably felt dumb for that whole 'it will never work....unless they actually cared about their game then it would work...but anyway it wont work'

Ok sweet heart. How about you go play with your little anime dolls and try to stay out of talks that make your brain hurt too much ok?
    Mother of fucking Christ. Anime dolls? What the actual fuck are you on about?

Couple of things: 1.) You did not make a factual statement. You made two statements which are completely unsubstantiated by any of the information we have available. When asked to provide your source, you say "just google it," and then after you realize the original source is gone, claim that it must have been true because who would just go on the internet and tell lies? 2.) I have made my argument crystal clear from the beginning: Faction queues are inherently at odds with the purpose of Legacy realms. I said this in my first post and I have said it in every post since. And finally, 3.) Through all of your condescending, infraction-worthy posts you have still yet to make a convincing argument in favor of your beloved faction queues. You've repeatedly called other people's ideas stupid, attacked both the character and the intellect of people who merely disagreed with you and in general gone out of your way to be an incredibly unpleasant human being. That's cool. It's the internet, you can be a dick. Unfortunately for you, however, the ability to call people morons doesn't win arguments.

The sad reality is that none of your posturing and name calling has really panned out in your favor. We're exactly where we started: The OP's question will remain unanswered in an official capacity because the problem he presents is not important enough for Blizzard to change the way their servers are implemented. End of story.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2020-04-09 at 06:27 PM.

I love TBC and have very fond memories of it. I agree this issue should be addressed by Blizzard.

Faction specific realm queues + some added rep and honor bonuses for the Alliance would be welcome.

All they have to do is make every server work like a cup filling with water.

Once the capacity is reached, it overflows into the next server.

Would guarantee servers are 50/50.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    no changes period. if you want tbc, you get tbc. not tbc altered.
    No Changes crowd had their say for Vanilla. This time around they can sod off. No changes is not only unrealistic, but it's a terrible idea. I don't want them to launch TBC based on end-of-expansion boss and dungeon tuning, class power and assistance buffs. I DO want Alliance Paladins to get Seal of the Martyr. I DO think racials should be tweaked a bit. If they don't, it's going to be a complete mess. Why? Just so you can brag about it being authentic? No. This is a perfect opportunity to improve some things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    No Changes crowd had their say for Vanilla. This time around they can sod off. No changes is not only unrealistic, but it's a terrible idea. I don't want them to launch TBC based on end-of-expansion boss and dungeon tuning, class power and assistance buffs. I DO want Alliance Paladins to get Seal of the Martyr. I DO think racials should be tweaked a bit. If they don't, it's going to be a complete mess. Why? Just so you can brag about it being authentic? No. This is a perfect opportunity to improve some things.
    Nah fam miss me with that. That would be a different game and not worth playing. Go play on shitty private servers if you want an altered version of TBC. I do agree that they should launch it from the beginning and keep the patches spread out however long they were spread apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Nah fam miss me with that. That would be a different game and not worth playing. Go play on shitty private servers if you want an altered version of TBC. I do agree that they should launch it from the beginning and keep the patches spread out however long they were spread apart.
    Nah you go play on shitty private servers, you have had your no changes with classic. Itd be a better game if it was improved upon. And i played during TBC

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I've always wondered why they didn't try to force the servers to be a little more balanced.
    The closest thing they did was initially block transfers to a selection of high pop unbalanced factions.

The only TBC change I want is Blood Elves to be Warriors. We all know the reason they weren't in TBC but that was just a dumb limitation that should be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    No more Battleground premades. period
    Awful idea. Make some friends.

For PvE, nothing matters anyway because game will be on last patch = ezpz faceroll.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you want like 9 months of Black Temple?

Launching TBC with the same content release schedule would be a fucking disaster. Just like if they did WoTLK again and made Ulduar irrelevant way too quickly. The problem with nearly every expansion that isn't Vanilla is that the content is released in such a fucked up way that you end up with 3-5 month tiers, while the last tier more often than not ends up 9 months to a year long. Knowing that universally every iteration of WoW falls roughly into a two year time frame, it's only beneficial to everyone involved if the content is actually spaced out properly this time.

TBC had so much shit available at the start, only to have a massive gap between Black Temple and Sunwells launch. What this ultimately did is invalidate most of T5 as something hardly anybody did (tuned poorly, bugged and 4 months to breathe before Black Temple patch was launched) and make Black Temple outstay it's welcome. Wrath was the exact same by making Ulduar's patch too short, and ICC took way too long (and no, throwing in a one boss raid towards the end of WoTLK doesn't fix the problem).

Knowing exactly how an expansion plays out is a strength, and following the exact same pattern/mistakes from over a decade ago is fucking retarded. Classic is one of the only iterations of WoW where the content was spaced out properly (which was probably just dumb luck or coincidence if I'm being perfectly honest).

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Right now in Classic, factions are remotely balanced. On most servers horde outnumber alliance, but it is a playable balance. Some servers unfortunately have slipped away from this playable balance and we've all seen the numerous threads complaining about it.

However if nothing is done, the issues with faction balance we currently experience will seem like a complete nonissue compared to what TBC will bring us.

We know from private server data that at the start of each server we see a 70-30 to 80-20 faction balance favouring horde. Then in a manner of days to weeks this imbalance will quickly compound to 95+-5- balance as Alliance players quit or factionswitch because the game is literally unplayable for them.

What are the reasons for this? Outside of subjective reasons like blood elf aesthetics or faction psychology, the main reasons for faction imbalance on TBC servers stems from the fact that horde racials are considered slightly better for PvE and much better for PvP. But one of the largest difference is in Paladins as the Horde Seal of Blood is a huge buff over Alliance paladins. This means that from an objective point of view, both PvP and PvE players have no reason to roll Alliance.

With the min-max mindset we see in Classic, I'm fully expecting this private server trend to continue into Classic TBC. Even if current servers are progressed into TBC as is, I fear many Alliance players will straight up reroll.

Now I don't want to suggest massive game overhauls as I simply do not trust current Blizzard to make such changes. The same reason why I wouldn't want to see Classic + as I have no faith in their ability to execute this. As such, the options we have to prevent this Alliance exodus are limited.

Balancing the PvP racials would be too extensive of a change, and as such we simply need to accept some imbalance will exist. However I believe that for PvE we can make a very minor change that would make a huge difference, and that is making Seal of Blood available to all Paladins regardless of race. In a way it is a very minor change that fits in with the TBC design philosophy as many Vanilla racial class abilities were either removed or made class-wide, making Seal of Blood an outlier. While this would do nothing for PvP players, at least it removes a large incentive for PvE players to reroll to Horde. Combined with progressing current servers giving incentive to people to continue to play their current characters as rerolling would put them behind (as opposed to starting fresh servers) we can hopefully prevent private servers scenarios from happening in Classic. I would also suggest faction locks, preventing players who don't already have a character of level 60 to make new characters on factions that are outnumbering the opposing faction.

I know this will not please purists, however I believe that in order to have a playable experience for both factions that resembles actual TBC as closely as possible, this one minor change needs to be made.

P.S
    Please no retail players ITT that spam #nochanges out of spite, thanks.
    No they don't. Let players play the faction they want, trying to force them to balance out leads to nothing but trouble. Just look at the mess Activision's musical war mode bonuses have caused in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Awful idea. Make some friends.
    Why would i want to join the dark side and be part of the people i so much hate?
    I dont want to roflstomp and GY camp random grps...

Quote Originally Posted by Joker of Muerte View Post
    you have had your no changes with classic
    No we didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Why would i want to join the dark side and be part of the people i so much hate?
    I dont want to roflstomp and GY camp random grps...
    BGs are group content. Choosing to PUG them puts you at a disadvantage. Why would you choose to be at a disadvantage?
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-05-06 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    No we didn't.

Yes you did...

Apart from those changes blizzard made.