Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm awful and I just don't eat half the time. I'll just go cook when I'm starving.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    @Raspberry Lemon By itself, white rice is associated with an increased risk of diabetes. If that is your go to when you are hungry, you are possibly getting multiple servings per week. Unlike simple white rice, rice pudding is further processed and there is added sugar too. Since the increased risk is fairly substantial you should probably be careful.

Look up glycemic load and glycemic index as well. You'll probably find yourself snacking less if you avoid making your blood sugar zoom sharply upwards and then crash hard shortly afterwards. You are young enough and tall enough to get away with that for awhile, but in particular the increased risk of diabetes should make you wary. Note that this isn't a shot at body weight, there is a specific connection between white rice and diabetes -- the rates here aren't discussed as much, but it is actually a major problem.

@Trassk You can probably explain much more on these points, particularly load and index.
    Well to be honest since late stage diabeties is more likely to be type 2, where as mine is type 1, I don't have much of a grasp on things like rice having that much of a large glucose increase since I don't have it that often. But yeah rice pudding is pretty high, I sometimes have one in the fridge incase I go hypoglycemic, though usually I just have a swig of lucozade and some bread after to stabilize things
    #boycottchina

lately tomato soup w/Cheese its
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Fried egg sandwich.
    Wall of LOLs
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Yeah I know. It'll take another 2 years + to knock Rozz and Flarelane down to size as Endus eventually was. Not worth the effort. My lack of posting here recently has been sort of 2-fold. One is because it's extremely boring watching the crazies come to the inevitable conclusion that they've failed. TDS seems to be an awfully persistent disease. Two is because I'm saving my infraction points to unleash unholy Hell when Trump wins re-election.

Albertsons sushi. It's pretty good for grocery store sushi, and the store is like, 2 blocks away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

@Trassk Insulin pumps are more common for Type 1 now, so you may not find it as useful. I had a couple of friends with Type 1 and they stayed on top of those things because they used injections and found it useful to have more information about what various foods would do to them beyond just how many carbs something contained. Stay well!
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmouse View Post
    @Trassk Insulin pumps are more common for Type 1 now, so you may not find it as useful. I had a couple of friends with Type 1 and they stayed on top of those things because they used injections and found it useful to have more information about what various foods would do to them beyond just how many carbs something contained. Stay well!
    I was asked about a pump. To be honest seeing my dad with a catheter bag attached for a couple years before he died (won't get into it), I just don't feel like having a device attached to my skin and something threading into a flesh all the time, the thought of it just gives me chills. I have adapted to knowing my sugar levels fine with injections. Infact they had something of a breakthrough recently with a new form of slow acting insulin in a more concentrated dose (Tresiba), which really helped to control my glucose levels a lot more.
    #boycottchina

Usually sour cream if I’m indoors. If I’m outside I’ll get chorizo.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk
    Infact they had something of a breakthrough recently with a new form of slow acting insulin in a more concentrated dose (Tresiba), which really helped to control my glucose levels a lot more.
    I have obstructive sleep apnea at a ridiculously high rate (more than three times severe) and that messes with my blood sugars. When I had that antibiotic resistant infection, one thing they did was pump me full of insulin. Not fun, and one of the first things the hospital that successfully got rid of the infection did was to stop doing that.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Eggs work pretty well. Cheap, lots of different ways to cook them, and I always have some on hand.

If it's fast food, my favorite is Chick-fil-a. Good, not incredibly expensive, and there's one within like 5 minutes of my house. Although I'm not eating out at all right now because of what's going on. Most restaurants are still allowed to be open for delivery/carryout only during the lockdown, and I'm sure they're doing what they can to keep clean, but I just don't feel like it's a good idea right now and am trying to not leave the house unless I absolutely have to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

Mettbrötchen, raw Ground Pork with Black pepper and Onion slices on a bread roll. Got a Butcher across the street and he makes the best ones ever. So I just get one or two.

@Kotuthan Back when I lived in Stuttgart I used to get Laugenbrötchen with cold smoked beef tartare and that was my usual lunch. I'd gladly go back to that as a standard meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If I’m outside I’ll get chorizo.
    I thought chorizo needs cooking?

I feel safer with jerky.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    I thought chorizo needs cooking?

I feel safer with jerky.
    I get it from a restaurant chain.

Sugar based food cannot fed me.

It's all about pasta for me^^

Popcorn, pizza, ice cream...