10+ Year Old Account

Is WotLK Dalaran bigger?

Not sure if it's just me, but every time I port to WotLK version of Dalaran it just looks bigger than the Legion one. Does anyone else feel this way or is my mind playing tricks on me?

No it is pretty much the same, actually the legion dalaran has some expanded areas for quests and order halls.

It's probably the lack of the middle area that makes it feel smaller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Not sure if it's just me, but every time I port to WotLK version of Dalaran it just looks bigger than the Legion one. Does anyone else feel this way or is my mind playing tricks on me?
    I believe Legion Dalaran is bigger.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Two things:
    • Legion's Dalaran does not have an open middle area like WotLK's Dalaran has;
    • WotLK's Dalaran also is less 'busy'. Less shops and less NPCs (and players) moving around, which adds to/detracts from the sense of space.

But Legion's Dalaran is bigger. It was made bigger, plus the reworked sewers is much bigger too.

WotLK has an extra open area in the middle of the city where the fountain is. Other than that the city's scale should be the same.

It's emptier, makes it feel larger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    It's probably the lack of the middle area that makes it feel smaller.
    lack of sewer space too.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Pretty sure the middle tower is much bigger than the middle square used to be.

The new sewers alone make Legion's bigger, not to mention all the instanced parts like the mage orderhall and the chambers below the city center.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Pretty sure the middle tower is much bigger than the middle square used to be.
    The middle tower is literally just a cramped room that has a teleporter in it. The physical building might be larger but it definitely makes the surface of the city feel smaller.

dalaran above karazahn, is larger than WOTLK or Legion version