Spell sounds keep me from enjoying this class.

Struggling to think of an ability that doesnt sound like shit. HoTR? TV? Prot and ret both put me to sleep because the abilities SOUND so weak when hitting their target it's almost like they're apologetic about it.

*ping* "S-s-sorry about that, mister monster."

10+ Year Old Account
    *loughs in blood dk'ish*
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Struggling to think of an ability that doesnt sound like shit. HoTR? TV? Prot and ret both put me to sleep because the abilities SOUND so weak when hitting their target it's almost like they're apologetic about it.

*ping* "S-s-sorry about that, mister monster."
    I hate playing outlaw rogue for a similar reason. The new sounds they added are terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    I hate playing outlaw rogue for a similar reason. The new sounds they added are terrible
    Roll the bones is what keeps me playing outlaw. The sound and visuals hypnotize me.

I just got my paladin to 120, yeah everything feels lackluster. Then again, I'm trying to think of one spec that "feels" powerful, can't pinpoint any. Maybe Fury warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Roll the bones is what keeps me playing outlaw. The sound and visuals hypnotize me.

I just got my paladin to 120, yeah everything feels lackluster. Then again, I'm trying to think of one spec that "feels" powerful, can't pinpoint any. Maybe Fury warriors?
    Ele shaman feels pretty impactful. It pretty much sounds like there is a constant storm going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    *loughs in blood dk'ish*
    Everything about DKs feels so weak. I tried leveling mine through this XP event, he's 103 (blood). The animations are weak, the sounds are lame, the spec is slow and you're always waiting on CDs

The Cataclysm sounds "overhaul" fucked up a lot of sounds, from gunshots to bows firing.
    Then with each passing expansion they decided to fuck up sounds even more.

Paladin sounds used to be distinct and amazing.

Compare Avenging Wrath before BFA with Avenging Wrath today. You become a super sayan glowing piece of shit with the sound of some retarded harry potter magic spell.
    Before BFA AR: the sounds of Elune cumming in ecstasy as she imbued you with the power of the gods.
    After BFA AR: here's some weak naa'ru shit to make you look like an idiot

Ctrl+S is your friend

Most sound effects have become lackluster and boring, and because of the way files work now, you can't even make easy sound mods to challenge it. I miss impactful gun sounds on hunter, when they made it sound like a peashooter, I used a sniper sound mod pack, doesn't work anymore.

At least you aren't a feral druid.
    change can't wait.

Turn off WOW's sound and play below over and over again.

There are good examples and bad examples.

Guardian druid feels really awesome and powerful, both the animations and the sounds, on the other hand, blood DK feels awful, it feels like you are striking with a wet noodle and the sounds are the water splashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    I haven't touched Assassination Rogues since Legion launched. The high pitched sounds some of its abilities is ear grating.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    There are good examples and bad examples.

Guardian druid feels really awesome and powerful, both the animations and the sounds, on the other hand, blood DK feels awful, it feels like you are striking with a wet noodle and the sounds are the water splashing.
    WhooooshFrost strike crittical hit for 15k.

That is not how a critt needs to sound with ice and shit.

Death strike is even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Most sound effects have become lackluster and boring, and because of the way files work now, you can't even make easy sound mods to challenge it. I miss impactful gun sounds on hunter, when they made it sound like a peashooter, I used a sniper sound mod pack, doesn't work anymore.
    OMG I hate guns now. I want to use my Wolfslayer Sniper rifle, but it sounds like a fucking stapler.
    Putin khuliyo

I play with sound off 95% of the time, so I can't say I notice.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    OMG I hate guns now. I want to use my Wolfslayer Sniper rifle, but it sounds like a fucking stapler.
    That's the exact same as me. I love that gun, I also love the rocket launcher for its exaggerated design. But the sound just immediately kills it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    At least you aren't a feral druid.
    Feral druids sound really, really weird these days.

Just record your own sounds and replace them in the game files, ez.

Not only spell sounds, but animations too. I miss the old Divine Storm and old Judgement animations.

I enjoy most spec sounds especially Protection Paladin, like Ragnarohk said, it can be hypnotising. I think I only muted shadow priest since whispers on top of whispers started to overwhelm me. I guess all of us likes different things.