Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Ah, yes, sorry for this one. I misread you talking about HIGH pop servers instead of FULL.
    Your argument is still bullshit because the majority of servers are still "high pop" (with a "normal" pop already being much larger than a "full" server during Vanilla cf Blizzard themselves) so to eschew them and only speak about "full" is being purposely dishonest, but nevertheless I was wrong about your factual claim.
    I was speaking about full servers in comparison tho. I never said only full servers mattered and classic is dead because they only have a few full and all the other servers are irrelevant. But when classic came out, almost all the servers were full, and then it went down to 1 full (In EU). And i claimed that its higher again now because of the pandemic, but thats a trend you can see in everything. Steam, retail wow, discord. Netflix and Youtube even had to lower the quality of the vids because too many people were home watching, so it almost killed the internet in Europe. Ofcourse that increase in people being home will also increase the numbers in classic wow (and retail)

    The reason i put focus on full is because that was the easiest way to see that classic pop has been declining since release. All full servers down to 1 full server a few months ago, and im sure when the quarantine in more or less all of europe ends. It will go back to 1-2 full servers, 20 or so high and the rest medium low, which is considerably lower than 6 months earlier when everything was full. Its not dishonest, as adding the remaining servers wouldn't change the outcome

    And for the people who claim classic is carrying retail. How so when classic (Eu, at the time of writing this) have 0 full, 27 high, 12 medium, 4 low. where retail has 25 full, 42 high, i stopped counting after 92 medium and it was atleast 2 full pages more of medium pop servers to go, and a shitload of low pop servers. Its just not happening. (Its more or less the same in NA)

    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/status/eu


    The only thing i "lied" about in the comment i posted, was "Merely 3 weeks ago there was 1 full Eu", it was longer back than 3 weeks. More like 2 months, but that was a mistake from my part, not a lie. I have lost track of time just being home, doing nothing
    And i shouldn't have said "rather dead". Because it won't be dead when the quarantine is over. That was the wrong word to use. But it will be lower again.

    Also, don't take this as me trying to shit on classic, im still playing classic myself (and retail which is still my main game). But im just getting tired of the people who keep screaming retail is dead and classic is carrying it, when that is obviously far from the truth. And as soon as someone trying to say this, they are immeditely labled "toxic" "classic hater" etc etc. For stating the truth.

  2. #82
    lol @ the guy on the 2nd page saying he had the honor of helping in previous alphas and betas. cute

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by rikku45 View Post
    lol @ the guy on the 2nd page saying he had the honor of helping in previous alphas and betas. cute
    You sound jelly.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I was speaking about full servers in comparison tho. I never said only full servers mattered and classic is dead because they only have a few full and all the other servers are irrelevant. But when classic came out, almost all the servers were full, and then it went down to 1 full (In EU). And i claimed that its higher again now because of the pandemic, but thats a trend you can see in everything. Steam, retail wow, discord. Netflix and Youtube even had to lower the quality of the vids because too many people were home watching, so it almost killed the internet in Europe. Ofcourse that increase in people being home will also increase the numbers in classic wow (and retail)

    The reason i put focus on full is because that was the easiest way to see that classic pop has been declining since release. All full servers down to 1 full server a few months ago, and im sure when the quarantine in more or less all of europe ends. It will go back to 1-2 full servers, 20 or so high and the rest medium low, which is considerably lower than 6 months earlier when everything was full. Its not dishonest, as adding the remaining servers wouldn't change the outcome

    And for the people who claim classic is carrying retail. How so when classic (Eu, at the time of writing this) have 0 full, 27 high, 12 medium, 4 low. where retail has 25 full, 42 high, i stopped counting after 92 medium and it was atleast 2 full pages more of medium pop servers to go, and a shitload of low pop servers. Its just not happening. (Its more or less the same in NA)


    The only thing i "lied" about in the comment i posted, was "Merely 3 weeks ago there was 1 full Eu", it was longer back than 3 weeks. More like 2 months, but that was a mistake from my part, not a lie. I have lost track of time just being home, doing nothing
    And i shouldn't have said "rather dead". Because it won't be dead when the quarantine is over. That was the wrong word to use. But it will be lower again.

    Also, don't take this as me trying to shit on classic, im still playing classic myself (and retail which is still my main game). But im just getting tired of the people who keep screaming retail is dead and classic is carrying it, when that is obviously far from the truth. And as soon as someone trying to say this, they are immeditely labled "toxic" "classic hater" etc etc. For stating the truth.
    Dude your on deep water, u cant count the servers like that, as retail have like 1/10 of classic server capacity. They even officially said that retail server population are shown compared to each other. They said classic isn't showed compared to each other, as they changed the measure for classic, as some medium pop was having queue at launch.

    So retail could have 100 players only, and still have 80 high pop servers as they are compared to each other , please do your research before commenting.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I was speaking about full servers in comparison tho. I never said only full servers mattered and classic is dead because they only have a few full and all the other servers are irrelevant. But when classic came out, almost all the servers were full, and then it went down to 1 full (In EU). And i claimed that its higher again now because of the pandemic, but thats a trend you can see in everything. Steam, retail wow, discord. Netflix and Youtube even had to lower the quality of the vids because too many people were home watching, so it almost killed the internet in Europe. Ofcourse that increase in people being home will also increase the numbers in classic wow (and retail)

    The reason i put focus on full is because that was the easiest way to see that classic pop has been declining since release. All full servers down to 1 full server a few months ago, and im sure when the quarantine in more or less all of europe ends. It will go back to 1-2 full servers, 20 or so high and the rest medium low, which is considerably lower than 6 months earlier when everything was full. Its not dishonest, as adding the remaining servers wouldn't change the outcome

    And for the people who claim classic is carrying retail. How so when classic (Eu, at the time of writing this) have 0 full, 27 high, 12 medium, 4 low. where retail has 25 full, 42 high, i stopped counting after 92 medium and it was atleast 2 full pages more of medium pop servers to go, and a shitload of low pop servers. Its just not happening. (Its more or less the same in NA)



    The only thing i "lied" about in the comment i posted, was "Merely 3 weeks ago there was 1 full Eu", it was longer back than 3 weeks. More like 2 months, but that was a mistake from my part, not a lie. I have lost track of time just being home, doing nothing
    And i shouldn't have said "rather dead". Because it won't be dead when the quarantine is over. That was the wrong word to use. But it will be lower again.

    Also, don't take this as me trying to shit on classic, im still playing classic myself (and retail which is still my main game). But im just getting tired of the people who keep screaming retail is dead and classic is carrying it, when that is obviously far from the truth. And as soon as someone trying to say this, they are immeditely labled "toxic" "classic hater" etc etc. For stating the truth.
    Dude your on deep water, u cant count the servers like that, as retail have like 1/10 of classic server capacity. They even officially said that retail server population are shown compared to each other. They said classic isn't showed compared to each other, as they changed the measure for classic, as some medium pop was having queue at launch.

    So retail could have 100 players only, and still have 80 high pop servers as they are compared to each other , please do your research before commenting.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    You sound jelly.
    guess its more the fact that nothing we really send to blizzard during alpha and beta actually help. Feedback seems useless.
    There are bugs present in the game at this very moment that was in the wrath beta. Albeit, rather small bugs, not super important, but also easy to fix.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    guess its more the fact that nothing we really send to blizzard during alpha and beta actually help. Feedback seems useless.
    There are bugs present in the game at this very moment that was in the wrath beta. Albeit, rather small bugs, not super important, but also easy to fix.
    I mean, there is a lot more that goes into it than what people think.

    That one bug could be a game breaker if fixed unfortunately, we just don't know, there is a reason that blizzard didn't fix it, its not like they just ignore all feedback, they test it in internal alphas/betas/ptrs, they might have tried countless times and to no avail, but if it isn't a game breaking bug, they just simply let it go into the wild to be free.

  8. #88
    Dreadlord Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    It is disingenuous to try to claim they never listen to feedback. Your hyperbole shows your bias.
    No, them not listening to feedback makes his statement true.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ...

    they cant go only 6 or so months from release "oh these major systems we dumped the last like 5 months into? yeah fuck it, lets scrap them and do something else!"
    They have to use that system, the best they can do is quickly work on a way to make it better. which in legion they did slightly, and in BFA, less so, but in the very first patched they entirely fixed it.
    legion they made legiondaries spec based (Thank god) But didnt make legiondaries easier to get till after the final patch...
    BFA azerite launched prety bad, but but in the first patch they released 3 changes. Azerite vendor. azerite level requirment tiny, and extra rows on azerite gear. that made the whole system many times better, it was soooo much better.

    ...
    It's not about scrapping something completly but changing some numbers to make existing system better but they didn't do even that. As you said they fixed Legion legendaries by the end of the expansion despite the fact that people already reported that legendary items are too important for some specs, some legendaries are a lot better for some specs and that the acquisition rate is unreliable. People in beta didn't say remove legendaries but change some numbers and give us a vendor where we can buy a random legendary.

    Same thing with BFA and azerite armor. After the first few days when it was added into the beta people said they need to change some numbers to make some traits less overpowered and some traits actually worth taking and give us a vendor or make traits not random on gear pieces or give us more azerite gear.

    People understand that there's no time to completely overhaul a major system but they gave reasonable feedback in how they could make the existing system a little bit better without a major overhaul. But they ignored all feedback and said they need more real life data and not just some theorycrafting with spreadsheets.

    I'm curious to see how Torghast works because people already gave some feedback and concerns on it just based on the announcment of what it wants to be.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Classic is fucking dying. They should do something for all the servers that are on life support.
    We're losing him! We need a defib...stat!


  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    We're losing him! We need a defib...stat!

    Ah yes, the queue timer. That is for sure a Classic (pun so intended). Agree with this picture, obviously those 3,360 people know something about it dying that we don't...

  12. #92
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    It's not about scrapping something completly but changing some numbers to make existing system better but they didn't do even that. As you said they fixed Legion legendaries by the end of the expansion despite the fact that people already reported that legendary items are too important for some specs, some legendaries are a lot better for some specs and that the acquisition rate is unreliable. People in beta didn't say remove legendaries but change some numbers and give us a vendor where we can buy a random legendary.

    Same thing with BFA and azerite armor. After the first few days when it was added into the beta people said they need to change some numbers to make some traits less overpowered and some traits actually worth taking and give us a vendor or make traits not random on gear pieces or give us more azerite gear.

    People understand that there's no time to completely overhaul a major system but they gave reasonable feedback in how they could make the existing system a little bit better without a major overhaul. But they ignored all feedback and said they need more real life data and not just some theorycrafting with spreadsheets.

    I'm curious to see how Torghast works because people already gave some feedback and concerns on it just based on the announcment of what it wants to be.
    except they did change numbers... but just changing numbers does not change an entire system.
    also they didnt ignore the feedback, as you just said "Less random, add a vendor" and guess what, very first patch they did both.

    they had also even at launch done work on the balancing of the azerite traits.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    We're losing him! We need a defib...stat!

    yes 1 extremely populated server.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except they did change numbers... but just changing numbers does not change an entire system.
    also they didnt ignore the feedback, as you just said "Less random, add a vendor" and guess what, very first patch they did both.

    they had also even at launch done work on the balancing of the azerite traits.

    - - - Updated - - -



    yes 1 extremely populated server.
    Whitemane is like the 3rd most populated but okay...

  14. #94
    Maybe this have been mentioned – but it bugs me that there's like only a few normal servers in EU, and a bunch of pvp ones. All the normals are all full as well. Hoping for that to change with this fix.

  15. #95
    At this point we'll take a crumb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •