Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Alteraci/rebel Humans are better IMO
    I love the idea of Alterac Humans for the Horde... doesn't mean restored Lordaeron Humans aren't right there with 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by kansor View Post
    It's based on the fact that AR clearly have a 1-to-1 correspondence to the core races.

human - kt human
    orc - maghar
    dwarf - dark iron
    troll - zandalari
    tauren - moosetauren
    draenei - lightforged
    night elf - nightborne
    blood elf - void elf
    goblin - vulpera
    gnome - mechagnome
    undead - ?
    worgen - ?
    I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that there was never an intent to have a corresponding ally race for each of the core races. This Goblin and Vulpera link is silly. The only reason people began linking these two races was because of their sharing the same rig and I wouldn't expect corresponding races to be created based on the rigs models use for animation.

This line of thinking probably goes back to pre-expansion predictions/theories. People were referring to them as sub-races rather than what Blizzard ended up calling them; allied races. If they were sub-races, then yes, goblins would (still) need a matching sub-race in addition to undead and worgen. Vulpera would have no match and not exist in the sub-race setup.

Being free of the sub-race 'rules' allows for races like the Vulpera to be added rather than forcing something even goofier like giving us Gilblins just to satisfy a matching goblin sub-race. It also allows them more freedom for something like, say, adding lightforged undead (which I'm not a fan of and hope they don't do, but...). That would be a little more than just adding a sub-race of undead to the Horde. It would give an entirely new race to the opposite faction which I don't see working thematically if they had gone with sub-race.

So 8.3.5 was cancelled presumably because they're putting everything into Shadowlands.

But we still don't have the allied races that correspond to undead and worgen.

So...with only one pair of AR left, are they really going to just abort the system and leave us hanging? It would be a really ugly thing to do.
    Didn’t they say at blizzcon that there r no more plans for allied races?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Didn’t they say at blizzcon that there r no more plans for allied races?
    No, they said there is no current plans to add Allied Races immediately in Shadowlands.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want the no nonsense Rajani Mogu on the horde.
    ”I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me."-Sylvanas Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by bracan View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said somewhere that there was never an intent to have a corresponding ally race for each of the core races.
    Do you actually have a cite for this?

In the future, I hope we get new allied races like kyrian and venthyr that don't have any correspondence. But the initial set of allied races was clearly conceived in that way, and it would be cheap and tacky to leave it unfinished.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

3+ Year Old Account
    Having Mechagnomes and Vulpera as the last AR's to be added is very anti-climactic in my opinion. Two short, silly races to cap it off? Big yikes.

I don't get the rush. Honestly I feel we've had too many allied races considering in the short amount of time we've gotten them. Think back how rare it was to get a new race and how long it took, with some expansions not having any new race, now all of a sudden we have gotten so many in just BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I don't get the rush. Honestly I feel we've had too many allied races considering in the short amount of time we've gotten them. Think back how rare it was to get a new race and how long it took, with some expansions not having any new race, now all of a sudden we have gotten so many in just BFA.
    I’m not sure how getting allied races at a faster rate is a bad thing considering there doesn’t seem to be a correlation between time/quality.
    Mighty one, never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Do you have a cite for them actually owing us 2 more allied races?
    I said there's an obvious pattern, you said they said there isn't one, did they actually say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She lost against Arthas for purpose. She wanted to feed Quel'thalas to hungering darkness.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I thought 'lightbound' undead were a sure thing but with no 8.3.5 I'm not so sure now. I figured it was either them or the undead that were abandoned by Sylvanas (like Summermoon, the other rangers, etc) and Saberon since some of them fled to Azeroth (I think) along with the Maghar orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion allied races arrived in January '18, quite a bit before 8.0 appeared.
    *they arrived in 7.3.5 and required the BFAs to be preordered

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    You can’t cancel the patch if it was never planned and they’re just probably going to add them later on in the game
    It was planned, because there was literally encrypted 8.3.5 items and voice texts datamined in the 2nd PTR build for 8.3... As for there being more AR, I don't know.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Do you actually have a cite for this?
    No. It's something I seem to recall from reading a blue post on wowhead.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Saberon for Horde, Botani for Alliance, Tortollan for Neutral.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I mean, I guess there isn't anything saying Allied Races can't be Neutral...
    Actually Blizz said they regret making a neutral race and wouldn't likely do it again.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    I have a better question for you...

WHere are the last 2 Heritage armor (Troll + Draenei) hu??

yeah i dont count the others because of the Warfronts :P

So 8.3.5 was cancelled presumably because they're putting everything into Shadowlands.

So...with only one pair of AR left, are they really going to just abort the system and leave us hanging? It would be a really ugly thing to do.

PSA 8.3.5 was never actually planned. Or announced. Hence it is not cancelled. We just speculate there was gonna be one? Then again not surprised our basis of the entire game is usually speculation.
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Here we have another crybaby, crying about things that were never promised, but things this person felt entitled too.

Kids, do not be like this person.

They were never promised to us, not ever.

Where are people getting that 8.3.5 never existed, it absolutely did, Ion even said in an interview that they weren't going to release 8.3.5 because it didn't fit the narrative they wanted for the ending of BFA.

8.3.5 was suppose to be the Stormwind attack with Sylvanas and where the goblins actually use the cannon from Azshara basically killing us all and sending us to the Shadowlands, sounds like a much better opener for Shadowlands imo, which is probably why they aren't releasing it yet, they just moved it to the next expansion.

as far as the allied races go, I'm actually tired of leveling up new toons