Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Let's talk about ZG! Release Date, Loot, Difficulty, Contested Items, Etc.

For starters, how is it tuned relative to MC/BWL?

Second, do we have the specific Tuesday yet?

Third, I've heard the loot is garbage for hardcore guilds steamrolling BWL, is that true? I just formed a guild myself so it's a blessing to me as catchup gear and only needing half the bodies.

Fourth, does the spell hit trinket come from rep? I can't find it on any bosses' loot table.

Fifth, what will the most contested items be?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

The difficulty, depending on the fight, is somewhere between mc and bwl.

No confirmed date, just guessed based on previous releases.

Zg great is a bit below bwl. Zg is meant to be a catch up raid.

And are you talking about Nat pagles broken reel? Drops from Gahzranka

the 3-set(wrist/shoulder/chest) epics from boss drops is pretty nice for 59 twinks since they can be obtained at level 58, and are generally worse than MC gear so not that much competition.
    Same with heart of hakkar if you wana pay like, a metric ton of gold for it(a few months down the line when everyone relevant already has it)
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 2020-04-04 at 11:49 AM.

the enchants for leg/head are one of the main reasons to run it, only 2 idols drop per raid so it'll take a few runs to get those on most ppls t2. and then its likely you'll want more for later tiers.

is it garbage for ppl running t2, no because having 40 ppl with those zg enchants is probably like having an extra dude in the raid or more.

some of the gear is on par with t2, I think most of hakkars drops are pretty much t2 equivalent. or just most of the epic drops are between t1 and t2 with some being equal to t2.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2020-04-04 at 12:36 PM.

The contested items are mostly for casters, with a lot of spell hit gear finally arriving and good healing rings & necklace for those guilds that have been unlucky with the ring drops in MC/BWL. The mounts and the enchant items will be contested, as will the book of Polymorph: Turtle and maybe the reagents for the class trinket for e.g. priests and druids, but not much more.

And yes, I can't wait for the release date and starting to run this place, would be great to have something new to do, especially since it's in a smaller format and there's reason to do it for a long time (enchant mats & mounts).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

We ran it on the PTR the week it dropped and it's a snooze fest. Easily 1/2 healable and you barely need tanks. Much easier than MC, more like DMN than anything. Only fight with semi meaningful mechanics is hakkar.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    The difficulty, depending on the fight, is somewhere between mc and bwl.
    i cleared ZG on the ptr with about 16 people from my guild. (i have also done it many, many times in vanilla.) we blew up all the easy bosses (animal bosses) in maybe 2 minutes or less, while basically ignoring most mechanics. these felt tuned to be easier than MC

mandokir and jindo both felt harder. they have significantly more health, and they require more attention. the difficulty felt somewhere between mc and bwl.

hakkar was the only wipe we had while clearing the raid. this boss required more focus on timings, mechanics and positioning as well as needing particularly strong tanks. this felt on par with the "most difficult" fights in bwl (firemaw, nefarian)

however all of this was with 16 people, mc+bwl geared, a few weeks ago. anyway, these were just my experiences, as someone who did the raid both in vanilla and on classic. hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    i cleared ZG on the ptr with about 16 people from my guild. (i have also done it many, many times in vanilla.) we blew up all the easy bosses (animal bosses) in maybe 2 minutes or less, while basically ignoring most mechanics. these felt tuned to be easier than MC

mandokir and jindo both felt harder. they have significantly more health, and they require more attention. the difficulty felt somewhere between mc and bwl.

hakkar was the only wipe we had while clearing the raid. this boss required more focus on timings, mechanics and positioning as well as needing particularly strong tanks. this felt on par with the "most difficult" fights in bwl (firemaw, nefarian)

however all of this was with 16 people, mc+bwl geared, a few weeks ago. anyway, these were just my experiences, as someone who did the raid both in vanilla and on classic. hope it helps
    For perspective how long do your BWL clears take?
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

The gear is great for casters, Warlocks finally get a decent amount of spell hit. Unfortunately Warlocks will now be stuck wearing the blue Bloodvine set until Naxx, it's gonna hurt replacing epics with that shit, but the hit is needed.

The cloak from Hakkar for example is better than the cloak from Nef

Think ZG is one or two weeks away?

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    For perspective how long do your BWL clears take?
    About 1 hour 15 minutes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    About 1 hour 15 minutes
    Right, so you're not typical. Of course you blew up ZG. We take about 1:45 to clear BWL with the first group (we're starting a second next week) and also don't expect to have a problem.

ZG will be nice for two main groups of people: Those who have toons with some pre-raid BIS blues still and those who have a hard time filling a 40 man. I mean, I'm still using Witchblade on my mage because I've seen the Mageblade drop 2x in MC and nothing for me in BWL. ZG will give me chances to get something better. That it resets every 3 days and only needs 20 people is also a benefit.

It's basically a scaled up UBRS.

There are only a couple of items with value in ZG. Mainly the enchants, Cloak of Consumption, Heart of Hakkar (castertrinket), Touch of Chaos, Warblade & Fang of the Faceless for Hunters.

When does the price of Wildvine go up?

When does the price of Wildvine go up?
    you are thinking of bloodvine, which is found only within ZG.

Ok, ty.

Will people grind out that rep in like a day or does it not work like that?

It's got a few items which fill some gaps that the raids don't, like agi fist weapons, some nice caster gears, mp5 for hunters etc.

The fights aern't too difficult and require some coordination, they're pretty fun actually. You'll be able to easily clear it with 10-15 competent and geared people.

Also, Raptor and Tiger mounts
    RETH

easier than bwl, harder than mc.

No date yet.

Some items will be upgrades even for bwl clearing guilds, especially for casters.

Enchants will likely be the most contested items.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Ok, ty.

If you do not do any of the rep turn-ins it will take about 14 clears of ZG which can be done in as little as 6 weeks if you run ZG every lockout.

Clearing ZG once weekly, it would take you a just over 3 months to get to exalted.

Ok, ty.

it will not take long for specific people to reach revered (the level of reputation required to make the full set of bloodvine) as many guilds will prioritize reputation items to tailors