Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    You can do the exact same thing I do.

    And maybe if you tried it you'd be able to de with a boxer instead having an incel nerd autistic fit because people enjoy things.
    i wont because i dont like ruining other´s people fun neither ruining it for myself cheapening the experience of playing a game like it is supposed to by cheating, also i dont like being a noob.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post

    this is the most stupid thing i have ever read.
    Have you seen the facebook pages for antivaxxers, trumps twitter, qanon stuff, or anything by glenn beck?
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    Have you seen the facebook pages for antivaxxers, trumps twitter, qanon stuff, or anything by glenn beck?
    i dont read that stuff, im not sadomasochistic

  4. #44
    Legendary! Darkeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    6,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Speak for yourself. I've played WoW since Dec 2004 and not once in that 15+ year window has a multi-boxer ruined anything for me. At best it used to make me think my video card was freaking out, but that's about it.
    I'll take Economics, for 100, Alex.

  5. #45
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by raogrimm View Post
    Don't knock it, until you try it. I may not have netflix because of it, but at least I have a 'friend' who is always up to quest with me
    If you actually tried to make friends, you wouldn't need to engage in activities that put you in a hated niche of the community?

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    because you play with an unfair advantage
    its kind of a dick move I agree, but it really doesnt have much difference from someone who is let say herb gathering with his friend.

    the only part where I believe it should be banned from is PvP.

    EDIT: btw I do not do multiboxing or ever did. just an opinion without taking sides

  7. #47
    Brewmaster Ticj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Anecdotal of course, but the biggest douchebags, trolls, assholes, griefers etc I've encountered in a decade and a half of WoW didn't need to multibox to do it. They were all single-toon/presumably-single account players and still managed to be consummate, absolute dickheads just fine.

    Say what you will about the 'economy' but the multi-boxers I've encountered have generally kept to themselves. Hell, one of the nicest people I've ever met in WoW was a guy who multiboxed four moonkins, he just quests and farms mounts/pets.

    I understand the frustration with it - especially if you're a PvPr or someone who takes the AH stuff seriously. But multiboxers have never adversely affected my experience in the game, while plenty of people with a single character/account have.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Precisely.
    The problem with multiboxers is that they have the ability to lag the servers at will. The biggest offense to this that I have experienced was in WoD when a multiboxer camped the quest hub in Tanaan Jungle for an entire evening, making it literally impossible to do anything there. When the multiboxer has enough accounts the servers lag to the point where you can get disconnected from being around them. I've had a few other run ins with this since then as well. From my anecdotal experience nearly every single multiboxer I've run into knows they have an advantage over the average player and abuses the absolute shit out of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    its kind of a dick move I agree, but it really doesnt have much difference from someone who is let say herb gathering with his friend.

    the only part where I believe it should be banned from is PvP.
    It has a huge difference because there is a huge difference in the efficiency of farming with a group vs 1 multiboxer. Getting a group together for that requires coordination, while all a multiboxer has to do is log in. Also, with personal loot the larger multiboxers who have 20+ accounts can get ridiculous amounts of farm done compared to the average player.

    It is the definition of unfair and the only reason it isn't outright banned like botting is because it gets blizzard money.

  8. #48
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    The problem with multiboxers is that they have the ability to lag the servers at will. The biggest offense to this that I have experienced was in WoD when a multiboxer camped the quest hub in Tanaan Jungle for an entire evening, making it literally impossible to do anything there. When the multiboxer has enough accounts the servers lag to the point where you can get disconnected from being around them. I've had a few other run ins with this since then as well. From my anecdotal experience nearly every single multiboxer I've run into knows they have an advantage over the average player and abuses the absolute shit out of it.
    Say, you weren't on Kel'thuzad, were you? we had the same exact problem in Lion's Watch or w/e it was

  9. #49
    Brewmaster Ticj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Say, you weren't on Kel'thuzad, were you?
    I was on Vashj at the time, but this may have been after CRZ was enabled in Tanaan? My realm got grouped with Kel'thuzad on CRZ back then. (My memory is pretty hazy from back then and im not even sure if CRZ was ever enabled in Tanaan during WoD)

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    A full raid group of Death Knights on Timeless Isle spamming AoE back in MoP, Five Druids bugging out WQ Targets using their AoE and Farming FFA Arenas for Honour in Legion and twenty Demon Hunters sitting on WQ objectives in BfA also affects everyone else's business. Blizzard should really have a harder stance against this and should at least cap the amount of accounts allowed. I mean they aren't fine with people botting a single character so why should it be okay with one person playing whilst a bot tells other characters to do the same movements?
    tbh that feels more like usual asshole people being asshole they are, that happened to be those guys you mentioned didnt need to find another 2-5 like themselves.

  11. #51
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I was on Vashj at the time, but this may have been after CRZ was enabled in Tanaan? My realm got grouped with Kel'thuzad on CRZ back then. (My memory is pretty hazy from back then and im not even sure if CRZ was ever enabled in Tanaan during WoD)
    We had a solid month of this guy camping it, and so nobody could do their quests in Tanaan. Finally the guy and his 39 alt accounts were banned for griefing.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by raogrimm View Post
    Website for KeyClone is Offline, so not sure what I'm suppose to do - anyone know of a solution as my second account character just became a dead weight.
    Ask here brotato dual-boxing.com/

    Also



    https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/11704

    <3

    Gonna get this blown up 400% and have it framed on my wall.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I'll take Economics, for 100, Alex.
    Like he said, speak for yourself, I have all professions so nothing anyone else does affects me that I can think of. If I need mats I farm them, if I need something crafted I craft it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    You can still tap the same nodes we do.
    What do you mean when you say this? Because nodes have a cap, think it's 10, so if there's a 10boxxer running around gathering then no one can tap nodes he gets to it first.

    If you meant "we all have the same nodes available to us" then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ you're right

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    you do realise herb and ore nodes are personal since wod (or maybe legion)
    A multiboxxer with enough accounts can deplete a node by himself.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-04-05 at 10:52 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

  13. #53
    The Insane Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    18,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    My only issue with multiboxing is when people use it for farming. It drives down prices when 5+ characters harvest every node and increase the supply by far more than the demand. It does fuck up the economy around those trade materials.

    The rest of the time I don't really care about multiboxing. If someone wants to pay for 5 active accounts so they can solo any content or have an insta gank force in world pvp, then sure that's up to them.
    It also gives multiboxers an unfair advantage in cornering markets, which in turn lets them price-gouge the items they farmed 2-5+ times as efficiently as even the most efficient solo player running one character. Overall, I don't give a shit if people have fun multiboxing, but exacerbating the already-broken ingame economies or cornering and breaking ingame economies in Classic is a legit problem and it's been a longtime issue. I would wager the unfair economic advantage and the PvP advantage are the top two reasons people take issue with multiboxers (sure, multiboxers are easy to deal with if your group knows what they're doing, but a multiboxer can wreak hell in a BG full of disorganized randos by focusing down healers before anyone has time to react).

    And no, "You can group up and be just as efficient" isn't really a defense here, because, as OP themself noted, nobody is going to join you for a 5-hour farming session only to give you all the gear, mats, valuables, and gold they farmed up with you (or, in gold's case, the gold obtained from selling vendor trash).

    @OP Your best bet is probably to post this on the service's forums and see what workarounds other multiboxers can offer. You're not likely to get much useful advice here beyond, "Ask someone who knows how to solve or work around this issue."
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!



  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    If you actively participated in world pvp on a pvp server / war mode, you'd definitely have a different opinion of them. In all my time playing WoW they are the only players who have managed to make my experience unplayable by camping questing areas.
    How is this? If I'm running around on my level <120 and a 120 wants me dead then I'm dead. As long as they stay in the area they are making my play experience unplayable.

    When some people have the means to grief, they will do it.
    FTFY and we can't punish everyone for some players.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Keyclone is against the ToS..
    What makes you say that? The general rule that I hear is "one button one action" and I've never used the Keyclone software before but I'd imagine it just ...clones keys So I press 1 button and it does it across all my accounts. It's still "one action" each character is performing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    And no, "You can group up and be just as efficient" isn't really a defense here, because, as OP themself noted, nobody is going to join you for a 5-hour farming session only to give you all the gear, mats, valuables, and gold they farmed up with you (or, in gold's case, the gold obtained from selling vendor trash).
    I dunno, lot of lonely people in wow lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill yourself -updated 3/7/2020

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    The problem with multiboxers is that they have the ability to lag the servers at will. The biggest offense to this that I have experienced was in WoD when a multiboxer camped the quest hub in Tanaan Jungle for an entire evening, making it literally impossible to do anything there. When the multiboxer has enough accounts the servers lag to the point where you can get disconnected from being around them. I've had a few other run ins with this since then as well. From my anecdotal experience nearly every single multiboxer I've run into knows they have an advantage over the average player and abuses the absolute shit out of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    It has a huge difference because there is a huge difference in the efficiency of farming with a group vs 1 multiboxer. Getting a group together for that requires coordination, while all a multiboxer has to do is log in. Also, with personal loot the larger multiboxers who have 20+ accounts can get ridiculous amounts of farm done compared to the average player.

    It is the definition of unfair and the only reason it isn't outright banned like botting is because it gets blizzard money.
    well im not defending it, but OP seems to mention dualboxing which makes me think he has only 2 accounts, which is why I said it doesnt make a lot of difference. 20 I agree, two ? not really.

    semi related question, dont nodes just disappear after the 5th or 6th loot out ?

  16. #56
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    20,177
    Since this thread is almost entirely insults and bickering and not at all related to the OP's problem, I'm locking this.

    OP, contact the people who make the software you're using. They're the best people to help.

    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArleeVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •