Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    During beta I had a similar problem:
    I was getting slower and slower with killing mobs until i realized: I always went for the highest ilvl reward without checking the stats

so i ended up with a lot of melee gear on my boomkin

I am just leveling to 110 and stopping as I refuse to play the shit show that is BFA, I was told Islands are a great fast way to level, but I didn't even get 1 level out of one.

whut, i leveled all alts in around 8.1, 4-5h per alt 110-120. Now it's like 3 times faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    I don't understand, i have levelled 4 chars from 20-120 so far (Pala, Priest, Druid, DK) and 111-120 is 20/30mins per level doing all the quests in tiragarde sound (full heirlooms). Just make sure you buy i277 gear from the AH before you go questing as this really will help.

I actually really hate 91-98 as i am just doing WoD dungeons and it so boring/seems to take longer to level.

20-98 dungeon spam, 98-111 assaults, 111-120 all tiragarde sound quest.
    LOL. that's not how you level in WoD. Loot all the treasure chests and do the bonus objectives. I leveled from 90-100 in 1.5 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Phinxx View Post
    I don't understand, i have levelled 4 chars from 20-120 so far (Pala, Priest, Druid, DK) and 111-120 is 20/30mins per level doing all the quests in tiragarde sound (full heirlooms). Just make sure you buy i277 gear from the AH before you go questing as this really will help.

I actually really hate 91-98 as i am just doing WoD dungeons and it so boring/seems to take longer to level.

20-98 dungeon spam, 98-111 assaults, 111-120 all tiragarde sound quest.
    91-98 took no time at all, I was 95 after the intro quests in WOD then did 6 bonus area quests after that and bam lvl 101. Then we just did 1 invasion and 4 bonus area quests and we were 110.

Fair one, think i will do the intro quests next time then! Thanks for the tip, i dont think i would have flying to do the treasures as I skipped WoD expansion.

People still rate levelling in dungeons from 20-91?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Sounds solely like a problem with the player not the game. I leveled a shaman rouge and monk and had no problem staying alive even when aoe pulling without or without heirlooms even it was no problem.
    Aside from the deaths complaint (level a warrior, priest, and mage here) are you disagreeing that the scaling is horrid around the 112/113+ mark?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People wanted "danger" back in leveling. Though I rarely felt in danger leveling in BFA, except the danger of boredom making me want to kms.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletKnives View Post
    It's all fun and games until you ding 110... or being more precise, until you hit 113 or 114. When compared to other expansions, the balancing of mobs its just awful, and gets worse the more you level until 120. You basically die on everything unless you wear plate or are hunter-warlock.

Before I get called whiny or something, I have to say that this never happened on any previous expansions... I remember Legion leveling from 100-110 pretty smooth, same with previous expansions and their respective brackets. BfA leveling its just cancerous. This is something I noticed back on 2018 the first times I played BfA, and I hoped they would fix it on later patches but seems like not. Feels like the random mobs powercreeps your character, and this shouldnt happen.

Anyways, there are any ways to make this chore of leveling 110-120 more easier (and faster)? I think I give up on BfA leveling.
    Leveled a rogue and priest with no issues pulling a few moves at a time. Not once did I ever feel in danger. Not sure what problems you were running into. I had a bigger challenge in legion with 2 invasion quests that didnt scaled down from 110. I have all the heirlooms and have no issues.

It's all fun and games until you ding 110... or being more precise, until you hit 113 or 114. When compared to other expansions, the balancing of mobs its just awful, and gets worse the more you level until 120. You basically die on everything unless you wear plate or are hunter-warlock.

Before I get called whiny or something, I have to say that this never happened on any previous expansions... I remember Legion leveling from 100-110 pretty smooth, same with previous expansions and their respective brackets. BfA leveling its just cancerous. This is something I noticed back on 2018 the first times I played BfA, and I hoped they would fix it on later patches but seems like not. Feels like the random mobs powercreeps your character, and this shouldnt happen.

Anyways, there are any ways to make this chore of leveling 110-120 more easier (and faster)? I think I give up on BfA leveling.
    Yeah, don't level killing normal BFA mobs.

Party-sync with lower level characters and go do the legion invasions and then do the BFA invasions as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That's why you do 110-120 using a trial character to scale you down to 60 and do old world zones.

BfA levelling is only really hard with looms since you don't get the raw ilvl and azerite powers of regular BfA gear.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    110-120 heirlooms are probaly the worst they've ever been. Below azerite pieces AND no traits, it's awful for a lot of classes
    then dont use heirlooms in that range.....

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    so if something is broken your suggestion is to just ignore it instead of trying to fix it? some people spend a lot of gold or other currency on them
    anyway I'm happy now I didn't buy a bunch of looms like I first planned when resubbing, had no idea they are this bad
    Last edited by Enosh; 2020-04-06 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    so if something is broken your suggestion is to just ignore it instead of trying to fix it?
    anyway I'm happy now I didn't buy a bunch of looms like I first planned when resubbing, had no idea they are this bad
    heirlooms are crutches, there's an azerite system in place in BFA items that you lose out on looms so what do you do? use your head and switch gear not that hard. the loss in extra experience isn't worth having shit items on

Or fix the items, woah, i just fixed it!

is the bonus already over?

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Or fix the items, woah, i just fixed it!
    the only way to fix would be to add temporary azerite traits lol which wont happen

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    People wanted "danger" back in leveling. Though I rarely felt in danger leveling in BFA, except the danger of boredom making me want to kms.
    They did? I'm good with the 'boos' fight at the end of some questline being a little challenging, but overall questing and general world mobs probably shouldn't be terribly dangerous to someone in level-appropriate gear and paying attention unless they do something dumb, like over-pull or just keep pulling without breaks on a class/spec with poor self-healing.

- - - Updated - - -

the only way to fix would be to add temporary azerite traits lol which wont happen
    Or solidly buff the secondary stats on the heirlooms. The problem then would be that for some specs the awful azerite pieces they give out when you hit L120 wouldn't feel like upgrades. The stuff's so bad I was tempted to take new L120s through Nazjatar and grind pearls to upgrade benthic azerite gear to i400, because it'd be better than any of that awful 2-ring crud you get before i430.

Git gud

I just logged on once a day for each alt to do the daily invasion. It's about 1 level per with the bonus.