1. #1

    Why were WW monks so broken in Antorus?

    Can anyone give me a quick explanation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    how about you think before typing stupid shit like this
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Go fuck yourself you brainless retard.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    Can anyone give me a quick explanation?
    What are you talking about? They weren't broken. They had decent dps compared to the low to mid damage they have currently. They had legendaries, tier sets, and artifact traits that all got ripped away just like everyone else.

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...gregate=amount

    That's easily within 5% of the midrange values, not exactly 'broken'. If that was broken what do you call fire mages and (once again) locks doing 9%+ over midrange values?

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...gregate=amount

  3. #3
    They got an extremely powerful set bonus that had synergy with a legendary(which also got buffed iirc).
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

  4. #4
    They were broken in M+ at one point in Legion at least

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    They were broken in M+ at one point in Legion at least
    2 points. The very beginning and then during Antorus.
    Intshuffle
    <Arctic Avengers>
    Kazzak-EU

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    2 points. The very beginning and then during Antorus.
    I just remember the MDI teams running 3x WW like they did with Outlaw in BFA :P

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I just remember the MDI teams running 3x WW like they did with Outlaw in BFA :P
    They were broken for MDI because ilvl was locked to 960 (including weapons) and IIRC they scaled worse than other classes with ilvl (damage weapon I think?). On live, at 970-975 ilvl, they were very good but not broken.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-04-07 at 02:50 PM.

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,867
    Basically what happened is that during Tomb of Sargeras, Windwalkers were using the 4pc bonus from Tomb and the 2pc bonus from Nighthold to create a very fantastic and powerful synergy between them. Blizzard decided that they weren't a fan of people using the tier gear form a previous tier, which make sense. The problem was that this absolutely destroyed Windwalker's damage. Windwalker suffered for a bit before getting a 15% Aura buff, which was about 12% more damage overall. A week or two later, the next raid came out, which brought a new legendary that affected Strike of the Windlord, as well as tier bonuses that further worked well with that. This aura buff plus strong synergy between tier and legendaries caused a perfect storm that pushed Windwalker into "overpowered" territory.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Basically what happened is that during Tomb of Sargeras, Windwalkers were using the 4pc bonus from Tomb and the 2pc bonus from Nighthold to create a very fantastic and powerful synergy between them. Blizzard decided that they weren't a fan of people using the tier gear form a previous tier, which make sense. The problem was that this absolutely destroyed Windwalker's damage. Windwalker suffered for a bit before getting a 15% Aura buff, which was about 12% more damage overall. A week or two later, the next raid came out, which brought a new legendary that affected Strike of the Windlord, as well as tier bonuses that further worked well with that. This aura buff plus strong synergy between tier and legendaries caused a perfect storm that pushed Windwalker into "overpowered" territory.
    With the possibility of returning lego effects do you think we can see the 4pc and helm combo come back??

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    With the possibility of returning lego effects do you think we can see the 4pc and helm combo come back??
    Idk, I don't work for Blizzard. Probably not since they both worked with Strike of the Windlord which doesn't exist anymore.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

  11. #11

    Wink

    Man do I miss Strike of the Windlord. I remember when Legion first launched and something was broken with it and you could pull like 20 mobs and insta take them down to like 10% health or kill them. Was so much fun

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Man do I miss Strike of the Windlord. I remember when Legion first launched and something was broken with it and you could pull like 20 mobs and insta take them down to like 10% health or kill them. Was so much fun
    I wish we got to keep it instead of getting that weird reworked version as a talent

  13. #13
    Yeah removing Strike of the Windlord was a bummer. Every time you used that spell you felt the impact of it and it felt strong. I get that Fist of the White Tiger is the replacement but it doesn't really feel that exciting at all. I push it and i get 3 chi to spend but i dont feel that "impact".

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Yeah removing Strike of the Windlord was a bummer. Every time you used that spell you felt the impact of it and it felt strong. I get that Fist of the White Tiger is the replacement but it doesn't really feel that exciting at all. I push it and i get 3 chi to spend but i dont feel that "impact".
    Yeah I would get low-key excited on boss fights when the CD would almost be up just cause it hit so hard. I loved it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •