Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Its not me trying to feel important. Every man and woman still risking it doing things that are so close to being non essential deserve credit. We are the only ones who are actually trying to keep the economy going and not overwhelm the UI systems on states. We are the ones who are keeping businesses open to keep the jobs there when all of you actually have to return to the office and get work done vs collecting a check sitting on your couch crying that we need a full martial law shut down.
    Don’t lump me in with you.

I don’t deserve “respect” for continuing to go in each day. That’s where the self importance comes in. And it shows that you aren’t one to be respected, but left behind in the mud where you belong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah but your wrong. All people are doing right now is padding the pockets of big business and crushing the small business market as most are not shopping small and local.
    Got a citation for that? Because I see plenty of local businesses doing just fine, around here.

Particularly as in Canada, we're expecting the social distancing to remain in effect for months; we never considered this a short-term thing.

We can all expect to work for amazon, Walmart, target, or any of the big corporations working for pennies if this keeps up.
    Maybe if your nation doesn't have the balls to institute reasonable worker protection legislation. Again, this is a problem with your country's system, and you're not some noble pandemic warrior for continuing to do your normal job in a time when most people are doing the same.

You're right up there with pizza delivery drivers and grocery store cashiers on the scale of "respect earned". With the caveat that I respect most people, and don't look down on them for being "beneath me" in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Got a citation for that? Because I see plenty of local businesses doing just fine, around here.

Particularly as in Canada, we're expecting the social distancing to remain in effect for months; we never considered this a short-term thing.

Maybe if your nation doesn't have the balls to institute reasonable worker protection legislation. Again, this is a problem with your country's system, and you're not some noble pandemic warrior for continuing to do your normal job in a time when most people are doing the same.

You're right up there with pizza delivery drivers and grocery store cashiers on the scale of "respect earned". With the caveat that I respect most people, and don't look down on them for being "beneath me" in the first place.
    Seriously.

We closed on Monday and Sundays for two weeks and we are already opening back up again because the business is there.

This chud has no real clue.

Ah but your wrong. All people are doing right now is padding the pockets of big business and crushing the small business market as most are not shopping small and local. We can all expect to work for amazon, Walmart, target, or any of the big corporations working for pennies if this keeps up.
    Funny how those big corporations are moving a lot faster to 15 dollars an hours standard and small business continues to fight against it and beg for exclusions.

You have a strange concept of small businesses being much better at treating their employees much better than the big corporations.

on top of just pay those big businesses actually give benefits. Just look at healthcare.
    You have to get to 200+ workers before you see 95-97% offer rate.
    I drops all the way down to 47% for small businesses.

On top of that large companies offer health insurance to part timers at a rate of 200% higher than small companies.

Large companies also have cost sharing and deductibles on average 25-50% lower than small businesses.

https://www.kff.org/report-section/e...s-offer-rates/
    https://www.kff.org/report-section/e...-cost-sharing/

- - - Updated - - -

\ We stop the economy for to long there wont be places for people to go back to work. That little bit or $9600 of extra UI is going to dry up real fast when small businesses refuse to take the risk of taking a loan to reopen. Most people don't realize how expensive restarting up costs. You don't just go turn the lights back on and everything goes back to normal.
    There is no risk as long as the small business continues to pay employees they will have most of that, if not all of the loan forgiven by the govt.

Also small business should have continuity/Business interruption insurance in order to prepare for these kind of things happening. But I am sure most of them did not bother to get it instead pocketing the profit.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Cuomo keeps saying the numbers of hospitalizations are coming down so they may be at their peak of this swing. 5k is a lot less than 30k. If he wanted 10k fine but 30k was always suspicious. He wanted them to pad the pockets of the hospital owners for personal gain with favor from them. So yes selfishly asked for way more than he needed. He tried to hoard them before other states could get the by inflating the numbers he was asking for.
    It's selfish to have machines that save people's lives? Well shit, I guess you should get rid of that food in your fridge and those bullets in your gun. It's just selfish to have more than a days worth of food and six bullets total.

Also yes I am already out here working in what I consider non essential as in life saving construction work but im out here to try and keep the economy going for others. Yes I am already taking the risk you are talking about. I go to work, go to the store, order out when I can and yes am trying to keep a semblance of the economy going so all you fearful people have something to return to when this is over. America is not Europe. We are not set up internally to handle this.
    Aw, look at you, thinking you're doing your part. Adorable.

The richest country in the world can't take this and yet other countries are doing better with the virus.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah but your wrong. All people are doing right now is padding the pockets of big business and crushing the small business market as most are not shopping small and local. We can all expect to work for amazon, Walmart, target, or any of the big corporations working for pennies if this keeps up.
    Let me guess, you're one of those kinds that say to get everything from small business and yet go to Wal-Mart for pretty much everything. You understand Wal-Mart was once a small business too, right?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    sue me i think its a lie just panic fear to hide the financual bubble that bursts a blackswan scenario and give the flue all the fault. sue all the mainstream media not only Fox news for lying and damaging us all.
    You are on the wrong forum.

sue me i think its a lie just panic fear to hide the financual bubble that bursts a blackswan scenario and give the flue all the fault. sue all the mainstream media not only Fox news for lying and damaging us all.
    Evidence, please.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sue trump too?

Get help. Or go to a hospital in a major city.

The Death number is every year higher then the Covid 19 deaths (as exampel 2016 1 millionon died to flue in germany) because its a flue and flues evolve/change every year thats why you get it every year even if you are immune from the last years version. Its not that hard to research on the web or listen to peopel like virologist or epidemiologist its not a secret. Also alot of the peopel who died didnt die to corona but are counted as those. I watch independent Journalists/media like Louder with Crowder ,KenFM(german), Timcast IRL, The Rubin report, We are Change. Any ways i wont replay anymore its a waste of time trying to teach a donkey how to not blindly follow the carrot stick.
    Evidence, please.

I only ask, because I definitely did not hear that a million Germans died from the flu in 2016.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2...-estimate.html

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/public...-season-europe

So, do you have any evidence to back up those bullshit conspiracy theories?
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-04-10 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    as exampel 2016 1 millionon died to flue in germany
    Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooold up.

In 2016 the death rate in Germany was 11.1 per 1000.

In 2016 the population of Germany was 82.18 million (just google it).

11.1/1000 = x / 82,180,000.

Solve for x.

Now go sit in the corner until you are able to come to the conversation with actual facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I only ask, because I definitely did not hear that a million Germans died from the flu in 2016.
    A million Germans didn't even die in 2016.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooold up.

In 2016 the death rate in Germany was 11.1 per 1000.

In 2016 the population of Germany was 82.18 million (just google it).

11.1/1000 = x / 82,180,000.

Solve for x.

Now go sit in the corner until you are able to come to the conversation with actual facts.

- - - Updated - - -

A million Germans didn't even die in 2016.
    Oh,I know... it wasn't close to that number. The poster is full of shit.

The Death number is every year higher then the Covid 19 deaths (as exampel 2016 1 millionon died to flue in germany) because its a flue and flues evolve/change every year thats why you get it every year even if you are immune from the last years version. Its not that hard to research on the web or listen to peopel like virologist or epidemiologist its not a secret. Also alot of the peopel who died didnt die to corona but are counted as those. I watch independent Journalists/media like Louder with Crowder ,KenFM(german), Timcast IRL, The Rubin report, We are Change. Any ways i wont replay anymore its a waste of time trying to teach a donkey how to not blindly follow the carrot stick.
    remember last year and the 40 prior seasons, when during flu season when we were mobilizing field hospitals and digging mass graves.....oh wait....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    remember last year and the 40 prior seasons, when during flu season when we were mobilizing field hospitals and digging mass graves.....oh wait....
    Remember when governments all around the world where willing to wreck the economy because somebody has the flue?

American news organizations spread Lies, propaganda and Fake information!! ... Other Breaking news!! Water is wet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    ROFL. what logical argument did you make? So far in this thread you've just cheered on how a partisan group is suing Fox news for being slow on the take, similar to other news agencies. We get that you hate Fox news, what else is new?

Explain to me how taking a drug that may save your life is a bad idea? It's possible the drug may do nothing, but it is also possible that it could help with recovery.

About that stake in the company that makes this drug.

Yeah better watch out for that $90. Pretty soon he'll be a millionaire.
    Because it can kill a lot of people as it is a dangerous drug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    American news organizations spread Lies, propaganda and Fake information!! ... Other Breaking news!! Water is wet!!!
    Deflection. When CNN or someone is sued for intentionally spreading a falsehood, feel free to post it. And don't bother citing Trump's lawsuits, we already know about those. Until then, this is an attempt to defend without evidence or standing.

Which is why I'm going to post on topic, citing this article from Forbes.

At least one poll has found that Fox News viewers were less likely to take precautions against the virus (including social distancing, handwashing, and other measures) seriously, and an open letter to Fox News from a group of journalism professors said “misinformation that reaches the Fox News audience is a danger to public health.”

Based on the statements made, and the subsequent departure of Trish Regan, WASHLITE does present a cognizable theory of liability. The question remains if the alleged wrongful actions of Fox News can be linked to a specific plaintiff’s injury, but some state’s consumer protection acts often don’t require such a causal link and only requires misconduct for civil penalties to be imposed.

While the plaintiff is seeking nominal damages, reasonable attorneys’ fees, a statement that Fox News violated the Consumer Protection Act, and to notify the media organization to stop disseminating false information about the virus, it may have broader impact on news media companies, and on Fox News itself. Other states have consumer protection acts with larger civil penalties that can be used to penalize Fox News for any misconduct.
    The lawsuit is asking for admission of wrongdoing. This will be major if it happens. News organizations make retractions all the time, at least, honest ones do, when they make a mistake or follow early evidence that leads astray from later ones. Those typically don't end in legal action, as @cubby will probably say and if not I'll be publicly shamed and rightly so. This lawsuit is trying to force FOX News to admit they were wrong -- which, based on over twenty thousand dead, they were. It shouldn't have required a lawsuit. It should have required ethics.

If FOX News loses -- waaaaay too early to say -- and is forced to make an apology at figurative gunpoint, it's going to be a major blow against them. Especially since, based on how long lawsuits like this take, it could be months or even a year later, when the COVID-19 body count is at its maximum. Every news organization on Earth, and I'm not sure if OANN counts, will take turns reporting on this story and half-concealing smug looks of superiority, sometimes because of genuine glee (CNN) but also because they'll be about to inherit part of FOX's audience share. "We were wrong" is one thing, "We were wrong and killed thousands of our own viewers" is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Deflection. When CNN or someone is sued for intentionally spreading a falsehood, feel free to post it. And don't bother citing Trump's lawsuits, we already know about those. Until then, this is an attempt to defend without evidence or standing.

Which is why I'm going to post on topic, citing this article from Forbes.

CNN was sued for defamation for spreading falsehoods and lies about a bunch of innocent kids. They settled for an undisclosed amount. Whoops.
    http://archive.vn/kEw92

The lawsuit is asking for admission of wrongdoing. This will be major if it happens. News organizations make retractions all the time, at least, honest ones do, when they make a mistake or follow early evidence that leads astray from later ones. Those typically don't end in legal action, as @cubby will probably say and if not I'll be publicly shamed and rightly so. This lawsuit is trying to force FOX News to admit they were wrong -- which, based on over twenty thousand dead, they were. It shouldn't have required a lawsuit. It should have required ethics.

If FOX News loses -- waaaaay too early to say -- and is forced to make an apology at figurative gunpoint, it's going to be a major blow against them. Especially since, based on how long lawsuits like this take, it could be months or even a year later, when the COVID-19 body count is at its maximum. Every news organization on Earth, and I'm not sure if OANN counts, will take turns reporting on this story and half-concealing smug looks of superiority, sometimes because of genuine glee (CNN) but also because they'll be about to inherit part of FOX's audience share. "We were wrong" is one thing, "We were wrong and killed thousands of our own viewers" is another.
    So there are around 20,000 deaths in the US so far with the bulk of them coming from New York and New Jersey. Typically you won't find many Fox news viewers in blue states. I found an article that covers what states view which cable news station the most http://archive.vn/TPWXa#selection-999.24-999.55
    The data is slightly outdated but I didn't seem to find anything more recent.
    Fox News is most influential in Montana, Texas and Mississippi while MSNBC reigns in Hawaii, Idaho, North Dakota and Iowa, according to Forbes’ new study of America’s news outlets.
    So those 3 states we could say are Fox viewers.
    Total deaths so far from COVID-19 in those 3 states as per https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
    Mississippi: 93
    Montana: 6
    Texas: 267

Total= 366
    I don't think you can attribute 20,000 deaths to Fox news. Although I disagree with their coverage because I think they are celebrating too early, they are asking the right questions. How can we move forward and re-open the economy but also keep most of the health concerns in place such as social distancing and washing your hands etc? We will have to open the economy again eventually so discussing how we can do so and making a plan would be productive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Hate to say it. Fox News should be considered criminally dangerous but if other MSMs haven't gotten in trouble for reporting false information, twisting narratives, being misleading, etc - neither will Fox News.

You can prove where Fox New is a nasty organization that needs to punished, but it would be a long-drawn-out battle that no one is willing to fight.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It's only a lie if it's intentional, which MSM can't be accused of if they fix their mistakes.
    I think that is ultimately what needs to be decided. How many times are they going to keep making the same "mistakes" and getting away with it. The definition of insanity is to do the same thing multiple times and expect different results. This goes for all news outlets too. The only good journalism these days is investigative journalism, most basic news reporting has become an attempt to generate clicks and views with sensationalism, rather than being a source of accurate information and the truth. This happens in everything from everyday news to gaming "journalism" to music, TV and entertainment related news. The whole concept of ethical journalism and quality have gone out the window for a lot of media outlets.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 million died in Germany in 2016 due to the flu?

That sounds rather unlikely

If https://www.destatis.de/EN/Themes/So...th-deaths.html is to be trusted the total death toll in Germany in 2016 was
    910 902

And you claim 1 million of those were due to the flu?