Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    No. Both have a time and place. But why argue in good faith when you can make sweeping generalizations about people you'll never meet.
    You are correct i am using generalizations, if you know what they are you also know they cannot be universally correctly applied on an individual level, so what's your issue exactly?

That being said, my point that worker organizations are unpopular in the US while organizations such as HOA that represent the interests of landowners and other more well off individuals are not. Or do you wish to argue that the US has a good relationship and public opinion about unions and agencies that protect others, such as consumer rights?

It is this absurdity that i am highlighting, as both organizations are at their core the same just those who they represent or defend are not.

As a landlord I can tell you YES, it's legal, this is from Housing(Federal Government) not your landlord. Now the better question is can you fight it? The Answer is YES if you are in the U.S. wherever else I don't know.

However keep in mind this organization is in the habit of finding people homes not taking them away and they aren't likely to send this to you unless it's been through the legal process, meaning if you take this to court and you lose which is likely you won't have 30 days notice, I think you'll have 3 to 7 depending on where you live. Pick your battles, keep in mind this is a legal notice, but what is behind it is going to be specific and legally binding more than likely.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

You are screwed.

The court don't take these cases right now.
    You automatically lose.

It is a loophole.

While an HOA can foreclose on a property, that's only after putting a lien on the property, after issuing a number of fines that go unpaid. Its scummy and yet another reason not to live in an HOA. Going a step further however, a HOA has no authority in the slightest to evict people from a rental property, they can only go after the owner, and try and force the owner to evict you, which might be difficult because renters have rights and they probably didn't break any rental agreements here.

And in case anyone is wondering; rental agreements, local laws and ordinance, orders from the governor to stay home, basically everything stamped by local/state/national government/law enforcement will entirely override any HOA rule or bylaw. By joining an HOA you agree to live by their rules, under threat of punishment, but both you and they have to follow the actual law.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    You are screwed.

The court don't take these cases right now.
    You automatically lose.

It is a loophole.
    No. It doesn't work like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

If you have a mortgage then it's your house. It must be a prank because they can't evict you. Their investigation is incomplete too because they never got your side of the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Brought some stones to a gunfight...

Not so famous last words written on a tombstone.

Whoever redacted and mailed that thing falls into the category of person whose sudden, unfortunate and hopefully painful demise would make the universe overall a markedly better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post

is this legal to do in usa?
    It depends.

If you received this letter, you need to IMMEDIATELY seek out legal counsel. Specifically, a real estate attorney that deals with HOA issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at it again - something seems off. Usually HOA violations are fines - not immediate evictions. REGARDLESS, DO NOT IGNORE THIS NOTICE.

If you are owners, contact an attorney immediately. If you are renters, contact your landlord immediately.
    No one is above the law!

Are there states that don't require a court order for evictions? I know here in California you can't evict without a court order.

For renters it's not their property so there's not much that can be done except get some extra time. In California you can easily stall an eviction for a couple months so it wouldn't be a problem, I don't know about the rest of the USA though.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-04-06 at 12:58 AM.
    -------
    Logical Fallacies: Ad hominem, Generalizing history to pre-determine the future.

Funny how this exact same post is posted multiple time on reddit, all over facebook, 4 chan and a ton of other forums. Not even surprised to see it posted here honestly...

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Funny how this exact same post is posted multiple time on reddit, all over facebook, 4 chan and a ton of other forums. Not even surprised to see it posted here honestly...
    Yeah it really is wonderful how quick information can be spread now and how there's no gatekeepers on the internet. Imagine being alive 50 years ago, these tenants would have no way of getting the word out this quick and making more people aware of their problem.

The only downside is that sometimes trolls will create fakes and it's hard to know for sure if we are getting outraged over nothing.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-04-06 at 02:28 AM.
    -------
    Logical Fallacies: Ad hominem, Generalizing history to pre-determine the future.

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    You are correct i am using generalizations, if you know what they are you also know they cannot be universally correctly applied on an individual level, so what's your issue exactly?

That being said, my point that worker organizations are unpopular in the US while organizations such as HOA that represent the interests of landowners and other more well off individuals are not. Or do you wish to argue that the US has a good relationship and public opinion about unions and agencies that protect others, such as consumer rights?

It is this absurdity that i am highlighting, as both organizations are at their core the same just those who they represent or defend are not.
    Nobody actually likes an HOA unless it is well run, and most HOAs settle for "not being actively malicious"
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Lmao, imagine HOAs that think they have actual power.

Generally speaking HOA are run by self important old coots. Just mail them back a scan of your middle finger.

This will go nowhere fast and he will get fucked up by any competent lawyer. Now for retribution. I'd find some federal, state or municipal law (which overrules any HOA mandate) and take it to the next level. Here in Colorado the HOA cant enforce anything regarding renewable energy (mostly for solar). I'd encase my whole house in solar panels as an ugly F.U. to the HOA, maybe even install a wind turbine or two (not sure on this one tho). Places like California and Arizona can go grassless yards so you could take that to the next level too

I could have sworn I read something saying that landlords could not evict tenants during this pandemic.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Is there any evidence that this thing is actually real? Seems to me like just posting the non-redacted version and letting the hammer of cancel culture come down on the retarded HOA president would be the quickest way towards a resolution.
    Redacted it seems like it could just be fake to garner the OP some attention, plus most places have a moratorium on evictions right now don't they?

If you live in a HOA you don't own your property, and they can throw you out for pretty much any reason, so yeah in the US it's legal. It's basically having to pay for the property LIKE you own it, but also having a landlord that can evict you.

Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    Wanting to evict people when there is a world wide health crisis going on, skummy fucking move.
    In Canada right now, if anyone or any company tried something like that they will be persecuted at the fullest extent of the law.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- let's get real everyone, classic needs #somechanges get over it.

Go online and find the renters rights in your state. Read them, and get familiar with them. It should help you know what is legal, and what is not.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.