Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    i totally get you.

i collected every corrupted item i could find, just in case. after mr. robot always suggested odd stuff, i switched to raidbots. better results, more corruption.

after that, i got a lot more stuff and i put it in the bank and tried to sim the high ilvl stuff against each other. i don't know why the sims suggested avoidance etc., so i excluded some and kept them. nowadays i open my casual +9 chests or do five mask runs, get 465-470 items which seem soo great and the sims suggest old stuff. some twilight devastation 435 wrists for example.

all in all, i am rather lost with this stuff. sometimes you can combine new and old corrupted slots and try to incorporate some newer items. but it always is a hassle and it isn't enjoyable. oh, and 8.3 added so much items you have to carry around. doesn't help with the occupied corrupted items anyway.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

So is no one cleansing items?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am "hoarding" the good shit. Td's, stars, tentacles and haste procs/amplifiers.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

There's a nice bug out there that lets u play with as much corruption as u want

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Cleansing is a hard sell. To make sense it has to be a 475+ item... but it would be even better with corruption. The only things I would cleanse are really bad corruptions on high ilvl pieces.

Yup, I have dozens kept as well.
    There will be a time where you will be able to wear something in every slot, so that's what I focus on.
    I keep very good corruptions, then I look if possible to find a cheap one for other slots.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I tend to hoard corruption items as well, though I keep my levels below 40. Any higher, and I'd have to deal with those annoying Things from Beyond that do tons of damage to me. The slows and the eyeballs are plenty for me.

Only worth doing on a terrible corruption that's on an otherwise top-notch item imo. I cleansed some perfect socketed crit/verse gloves just so I could wear them in every set, for example, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post

There's a nice bug out there that lets u play with as much corruption as u want
    This is amazing, lol. I wish I knew how it works :P

My bank has one 30 slot full with corruption while 5-8 pieces in bags just in case!

Got infinite stars on my newly dinged alt now so now alts have bis ST ready. Funny how all my fucking alts I play got infinite stars within like 10 pieces while my main still got zero of it with 150-200 corrupted drops. I even do wqs to hope for a rank 3 stars drop as a rank 2 at 415 wouldn't be good enough. Its just sad. Changing main to my DK faster than planned I suppose, all is on farm anyway.

Fuck this game!!!

I'm not unlocking cloak on all my alts so I'm hoarding corrupted gear in the hope that Blizz makes it free to cleanse gear without doing the quest line

- - - Updated - - -

I'd cleanse all my gear <3 if I didn't have to do the quest line lol. I was thinking yesterday "Blizz should have made it so corrupting gear was something that you did, not something that happened and kept the RNG aspect of it". But that doesn't even make sense story wise. Why willingly corrupt your gear only to go and get a cloak to mitiagate the corruption.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

It's definitely the right move to hoard corrupted items. I think the buffs/nerfs are done, but with the +3 resistance each week you can min/max easily with more pieces. It's also important to have t1/t2/t3 of the same corruption. You never know how much you'll need to get under that limit!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Am i the only one hoarding them?

I did what i thought was the smart thing to do and kept almost all corrupted items, SPECIALLY the ones with +10 or +15 corruption.
    My cloak is not that great yet but my current setup is

+35
    +35
    +15
    +10

stays at 58 corruption with cloak and essence
    I wouldnt be able to have this setup today if i didnt hoard all items in preparation for this moment.

------------

Is hoarding corrupted items "smart" or am i the only one?
    Do you think is funny, cool or annoying?
    I do the same thing. Playing at 55 of 63 right now, once I get off my butt and do another clear for 66 I'll put on another piece. Got an entire 32-slot bag full of stuff to play with.

- - - Updated - - -

I cleanse them if they're high ilvl, 460+, and have a crappy corruption. I'll use them cleansed for the ilvl and use other pieces.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've only got 11 slots free out of 4x 32 slot bags + standard backpack. 2 full bags occupied by just azerite and corrupted gear, and another with stuff like rings and trinkets.

This is by far the worst expansion for bag management because if you happen to be that person who cleanses a 6% twilight dev thinking you've got better pieces and then later down the line you get some rank 2 pieces that would allow for that rank 1 twilight dev to slot in without passing harmful corruption points, you've only got yourself to blame for the lack of foresight. And yes, I cleansed a rank 1 twilight dev on my dk AND my warrior...i made the mistake not once, but twice. And now, i look back and feel stupid because I don't have other low corruption bugdet items that would help me stay below 60 corruption and still give me a boost in output.

They missed the mark big time on reining in RNG fed gear bloat. Someone needs to show Ion the clip from his 8.3 patch reveal livestream where he said they're aiming for less RNG. christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I'm a pug tank who doesn't plan to go into mythic, and as a result I hate even having the goddamn eye. It's not like the extra 15% dps I might get out of it will make a huge difference in a pug. If I do 5% of the raid damage, an extra 15% of that is .75%, which is rarely the issue in a heroic pug.

However, the eye means I occasionally have to re-position the boss in ways that seem random to the rest of the raid, and there are a lot of movement based fights where that's pretty annoying.

In m+, I was in a situation this week in sanguine where I had 4 stacks of grievous and I was trying to LOS some mobs, and the eye popped up right where I was trying to LOS. I'm kinda like, hmmm, what do I do here?

As I said in another post, it reminds me of Breath of Sindragosa days, when you could do massive dps as a blood tank but only if you played in a certain way. I don't like having to restrict myself in that way, and I don't min max enough that it should make a difference.

Right now I'm playing with 23 corruption mostly just cause that's the items I have, I know 39 is better, but as my resistance goes up I could see myself feeling quite comfortable with staying below 20 and sacrificing a bit of dps.
    Actually there is no real need to dodge the eyes as tank. They only hurt if you go way higher with corruption or get 3 or more back to back procs, which is very rare - use your cloak for an easy reset then. If you dont have the reset, remember that you need R12 for the huge statboost.

Yes, it makes sense. After all, we will be able to get +3 Resitance every week now, so every week there is theoretically an option to change your gear around to grab a better item, that has just a bit too much corruption at the moment.

Example: Last week I wore bracers with +10 Corruption to arrive at 37 Corruption alltogether. Now I can use the +15 ones and hit exactly 39.

And personally I think that unless you do just world content you should never exceed 39 Corruption unless your class can reliably deal with the Thing from Beyond and you know you have the skill to do that AND dungeon/raid mechanics do not hinder this. The cloack active is on by far too long a CD to be reliable.

If you die from your own Corruptions it is no one's fault but your own, this can easily break a key and in a raid this can lead to a wipe.

No amount of dps increase by a few points makes up for dying early and spending the fight on the floor.

The same goes for those jokers that still haven't realized that Infinite Stars is a bad corruption to have on Maut and refuse to equip anything else and rather one-shot themselves then loose some dps...

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I'd cleanse all my gear <3 if I didn't have to do the quest line lol. I was thinking yesterday "Blizz should have made it so corrupting gear was something that you did, not something that happened and kept the RNG aspect of it". But that doesn't even make sense story wise. Why willingly corrupt your gear only to go and get a cloak to mitiagate the corruption.
    The annoying part about alts without cloak is: you need those damn mementos for cleansing...which you do not have if you are not interested in getting the cloak. So if you run out of the mementos you get from the questline, you can't cleanse corruption anymore. Dumb.