Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well if they would buff Aimed Shot with 100% more damage, sure that would be cool and all. But not finishing a cast because you have to move or your target dies would suck even more. (They will be lowering your other shots then)

I already hate it when Rapid Fire gets canceled because the target dies. If only you could switch target during the cast and have it fire on the target you have selected when the cast finishes, or in the Rapid Fire case continue firing on the new target.

Give Aimed Shot as an instant cast, then give Arcane Shot a short casttime and allow moving.
    Last edited by shade3891; 2020-04-21 at 09:42 PM.

Yeah it sure feels great casting a hearthstone when you don't have Trueshot up

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Aimed Shot in BfA is a disgrace to the Marksmanship spec.
    True, even legion hunter were way better than current iteration.

Yeah i think that is why i like it, as the more methodical you are with gameplay (knowing where to move to so your casts will not get interrupted during engagements, avoiding movement, etc), i think that the low APM would not be a negative. I think if the moment to moment combat situation changes quickly (like in M+ environment), the low APM / longer cast times are punishing.

Also, why does interrupting an enemy cast stop the aimed shot cast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    Depends on the player. 45 APM means you're not pressing a button for a ~quarter of the time each minute and this can make it feel sluggish and slow to some people. Whereas anything over 60 might feel like all out spam because you're hitting more than a keystroke a second. Personal preference really unless it's medically necessary for it to be slower due to carpel tunnel or something similar.

As an aside, I would maybe question that chart a little bit too. 79 APM sounds pretty high for demon hunters since blade dance has animation time and eye beam has channel time, both of which only count as 1 action each and they use each one multiple times in a minute, but it could be right.
    DH's can get below a .8 second GCD, so they can be surprisingly spammy. If that APM also has it set to them using their interupt and defensives on CD, then yea, I can see 79 APM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Well if they would buff Aimed Shot with 100% more damage, sure that would be cool and all. But not finishing a cast because you have to move or your target dies would suck even more. (They will be lowering your other shots then)

I already hate it when Rapid Fire gets canceled because the target dies. If only you could switch target during the cast and have it fire on the target you have selected when the cast finishes, or in the Rapid Fire case continue firing on the new target.

Give Aimed Shot as an instant cast, then give Arcane Shot a short casttime and allow moving.
    I haven't played in a while but rapid fire definitely did work with target swapping so if it doesn't they changed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. It really disappoints me when I see people saying things like 'But with X equipment and final raid gear the spec feels amazing' etc. Not only does it show that without such gear the spec is not built to stand on its own as a good spec and is only relying on band-aids to hold it together, but it completely ignored the year to year-and-a-half that the spec felt slower than molasses.

People keep forgiving and forgetting what a lot of classes, and especially the ranged hunter specs felt like to play earlier in the expansion. This design philosophy we've seen, arguably most prominently, in legion and BFA, whether intentional or not, people really need to understand it's bad for the players and bad for the health of the game. If the core gameplay of specs was actually reasonably good fewer people would unsub until final expansion tiers, or be more inclined to stick around for earlier ones.

As for Aimed Shot specifically, I would say that Legion and BfA are the worst it has been designed and felt in any iteration of WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I haven't played in a while but rapid fire definitely did work with target swapping so if it doesn't they changed it.
    Not anymore then, when you activate it the initial target gets a debuff "targeted by Rapid Fire" if that target dies the cast ends.
    So when you try to use trick-shots and the target dies its the end of your AoE. :S