Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Corrupted Item Hoarding

Am i the only one hoarding them?

I did what i thought was the smart thing to do and kept almost all corrupted items, SPECIALLY the ones with +10 or +15 corruption.
    My cloak is not that great yet but my current setup is

+35
    +35
    +15
    +10

stays at 58 corruption with cloak and essence
    I wouldnt be able to have this setup today if i didnt hoard all items in preparation for this moment.

------------

Is hoarding corrupted items "smart" or am i the only one?
    Do you think is funny, cool or annoying?

10+ Year Old Account
    i only keep items if they are r2/r3. exceptions for stars, gushing, and devastation. i play with 79 corruption tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    i only keep items if they are r2/r3. exceptions for stars, gushing, and devastation. i play with 79 corruption tho.
    Omg, 79?
    I dont even know what happens at that level.

I admit i have very little knowledge on the subject...

I am at 58 and i already find it extremely annoying for PvP to have so many things to dodge

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Omg, 79?
    I dont even know what happens at that level.

I admit i have very little knowledge on the subject...

I am at 58 and i already find it extremely annoying for PvP to have so many things to dodge
    Eye's huge, the Thing From Beyond will stun you in place if you get hit by it. It's annoying but if you have a reliable instant cast to keep Usain at bay it's really not that bad. (Using the cloak's on-use helps, as well.)

10+ Year Old Account
    the circle is bigger and does more damage and the add moves faster and hits harder, triggering the circle and the snare. 80+ reduces healing taken and increases damage taken. you dont ever want 80+

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Eye's huge, the Thing From Beyond will stun you in place if you get hit by it. It's annoying but if you have a reliable instant cast to keep Usain at bay it's really not that bad. (Using the cloak's on-use helps, as well.)
    Maybe i can push it a little bit more then...thanks
    But there is no way ill have a thing from beyond stunning me. They hit me a lot.

Maybe i can push it a little bit more then...thanks
    But there is no way ill have a thing from beyond stunning me. They hit me a lot.
    If you don't feel comfortable playing around it, I wouldn't. And especially don't try to test it in a M+ this week. It's Grievous/Sanguine which is a recipe for death if you're taking a bunch of avoidable damage.

Most people that actually take part in the corruption system play with a maximum of 39, as this is the best for the least negative effects.
    In general, you shouldn't be over 39 for usual stuff, as the drawbacks can be quite hard in certain situations. M+ weeks where you dont want to drop below 90% life (like this week) are a good example.

The whole system is still a lottery, hoarding does not really help that much.

You still need/want high ilvl with the right stats and the right corruption on those items.

Got lucky, did not bother to horde anything and just did the weekly MINIMUM for cloak upgrades and nothing else.

using 59/60 corruption with Twilight Devastation R5

I got lucky, because I did not get any of the cool Stars/EchoingVoid/... pieces but just TD and was just winning in the end after the multiple nerf waves to every other corruption bonus.

I plan my character progression long term (over 6-12 months) so it doesnt really bother me at all, what my current gearprogression look like, since I will be "winning" over time anyways even with bad luck.
    Last edited by Ange; 2020-04-05 at 11:02 AM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am keeping a few that add haste on procc. Some just add leech, so I throw those away. Always doing daily quests when a ring is a reward, but ofc with this great system of RNG, I only got rings with TD..and guess what. Both Golden Empire signets...and so I can only use 1 as they ate Unique Equipped. Screw this.
    I have 2 corrupted items with a 1200 haste proc.
    Tried a build with them...and is absolute crap for Brew Monk.

It seems...mastery is insane for tanks instead. And Echoing Void + Mind Flay wins at the end of the day...ofcourse, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    and playing classes with high mobitlity like DH or BM hunters makes it easier

I play sub 40 because I don't want to deal with thing from beyond and hoard 3 items per slot: high ilvl without corruption, high and low amount of corruption which might not be highest ilvl. So I can change things around after getting a new item. As always better luck on Alts with good corruptions than main char.

This weekend I give my fresh monk a little world tour tanking +2/+3 dungeons and in one had a healer who was lucky enough to run around with R3 twighlight devastation but died a couple times to the thing from beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    I play sub 40 because I don't want to deal with thing from beyond and hoard 3 items per slot: high ilvl without corruption, high and low amount of corruption which might not be highest ilvl. So I can change things around after getting a new item.
    Ahah, yeah im doing the same thing

I have items in my bags without corruption in case i need to remove some.
    And then i hoard all corruption.

So my bags are a mix of all kinds of items

I have 2 corrupted items with a 1200 haste proc.
    Tried a build with them...and is absolute crap for Brew Monk.

It seems...mastery is insane for tanks instead. And Echoing Void + Mind Flay wins at the end of the day...ofcourse, i guess.
    as a tank just go for twilight and echoing and you will be fine, not sure how good the staff from maut is for BrM

No previous point in the game demanded as much hoarding as the current. The Corruption system + Azerite + sockets is the culmination of RNG in the lifetime of WoW. It can't go anywhere further from here. Whoever is pushing for these systems must be experiencing the apotheosis of their career right now.

I have 60+ items in my bags that I change and match depending on the build I need, like M+, Raid and visions.

You need to have corrupted and non corrupted items as well as different stats, not to mention sockets, to allow you to optimize for specific content while keeping below threshold of 60 or below 40.

For aoe I need one build, usually for M+, so stat priority changes, corruptions change, weapons, trinkets, azerites... Going for Mythic raid boss? Full overhaul, respec, switch azerites, rings, corruptions.

From carrying a few legendaries, rings and trinkets in Legion it has come to this. And they said they want to reduce the bag clutter of items. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Have to try it out with the mastery. I mostly do HV as tank. Surviving is zero problem, moar dps would be nice.
    Dont quote me on that (Mastery being insane)

It just so happens i tried to stack mastery as much as possible with the corruption that also increases all my mastery...and for the first time in my life i was the one with the most damage in a BG with Brew.

Coincidence? Could be...

Bloodmallet says is crap and Icy veins says its the second best thing after agility.

But bloodmallet doesnt use a profile a mastery stacking i guess.

I'm keeping quite a few, but still getting rid of the majority on all my characters. I usually run either 59 or 79 corruption for m+ depending on class and the difficulty, so I can equip a few pieces, but even so the only ones really even worth anything are Twilight Dev, Gushing Wounds and then the stat ones for whatever class you're on, so I'm just getting rid of all the others.

And I'm keeping all the +Vers % and procs since those are amazing in arena for almost every class. Still though, means I'm getting rid of well over half of them.

Must be nice. My best corruption as dps is an 8% leech gloves.

I have never seen anything useful for damage drop above 410. Who system is cancer. I do more damage than top 3 dpsers in my guild do without corruption damage procs. But now even the shitty keyboard Turner's can snipe me off the meters with twidev and stars.

When you have procs that account for 30k dps and there is no way to buy that gear aside from absurd boe prices it is clear blizzard had no fucking clue how to itemize anything.

And if I have to listen to our good dpsers bitch about only getting 1 stars proc and sliding down the meters anymore I'm going to mute voice chat since raid is in farm anyways.
    Last edited by Playintrafic; 2020-04-05 at 12:40 PM.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Am i the only one hoarding them?

I did what i thought was the smart thing to do and kept almost all corrupted items, SPECIALLY the ones with +10 or +15 corruption.
    My cloak is not that great yet but my current setup is

+35
    +35
    +15
    +10

stays at 58 corruption with cloak and essence
    I wouldnt be able to have this setup today if i didnt hoard all items in preparation for this moment.

------------

Do you think is funny, cool or annoying?
    Also been hoarding various Corrupted items. They will be the "tier sets" or "legendaries" that we use in Timewalking next expansion, so they will be really useful to me. I like going into Timewalking dungeon my main and being super overpowered wearing 5 legendaries and a shit load of corrupted items.

As a Frost Mage I can play with 80 corruption and manage somehow depending on the content. In high M+ keys I get destroyed by Void Usains a lot though But if its a low key I can Freeze the Usain in time and blink away from the Eye. Atm I run 39 corruption for +15 keys as there is enough important shit to avoid anyway, I prefer to reduce the stress, I am top DPS anyway.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I keep most items now, depending on ilvl. If it's above 460 and has decent corruption then I'll keep it. If it's insane at 455 I may keep it (T3 Stars/Gushing/Amp). It's like a jigsaw, working out what can slot it. As we get more resistance as time goes by you'll see crazy gear sets so it could be worth for now.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )