Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Why can't we have a leader with flaw.. Rastakahn was set in the old ways.. he turned around only a second to late and gets killed. Talanji is seen as the savior and herald of the Zandalari and can't do anything bad or wrong.. dude this is boring or what?
    I'm not so sure on your take on Talanji here. She seems to be doubted pretty strongly, especially due to her connection to Bwonsamdi in light of her father's deal that sealed his and her souls to the Loa. The Zandalari don't trust Bwonsamdi (for good reasons, likely) and it's the cause of considerable unrest during her coronation after Rastakhan's death. Add to that the fact that her own people are willing to seemingly conspire with Sylvanas to kill her in "Shadows Rising" and it doesn't at all seem as if she's heralded as a savior by her people who can do naught but good.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm not so sure on your take on Talanji here. She seems to be doubted pretty strongly, especially due to her connection to Bwonsamdi in light of her father's deal that sealed his and her souls to the Loa. The Zandalari don't trust Bwonsamdi (for good reasons, likely) and it's the cause of considerable unrest during her coronation after Rastakhan's death. Add to that the fact that her own people are willing to seemingly conspire with Sylvanas to kill her in "Shadows Rising" and it doesn't at all seem as if she's heralded as a savior by her people who can do naught but good.
    Maybe you are right, but I don't think many know about the pact in the first place. I think the reason many people dislike her was A:her Voiceacting was annoying and B: she was made to replace Rastakahn(Many were waiting hes appearance for a long time only to be replaced by hes boring daughter).

They tried hard on her.. but they failed making her interesting imo. Bwonsamdi is viewed very differntly per troll from what I see in bfa questing. So I am not so sure about the entire Zandalari trolls viewing her differntly. Sure some will, some won't, but I haven't read anything abut the majority of the trolls dislike the fact she is having deals with Bwonsamdi, besides who doesn't make deals with him right?

Rastakahn had so many assasinations attempts.. now she gets one.. well girl you are to late the party better get used to it , your father was a god at avoiding it.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-04-12 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Maybe you are right, but I don't think many know about the pact in the first place. I think the reason many people dislike her was A:her Voiceacting was annoying and B: she was made to replace Rastakahn(Many were waiting hes appearance for a long time only to be replaced by hes boring daughter).

They tried hard on her.. but they failed making her interesting imo. Bwonsamdi is viewed very differntly per troll from what I see in bfa questing. So I am not so sure about the entire Zandalari trolls viewing her differntly. Sure some will, some won't, but I haven't read anything abut the majority of the trolls dislike the fact she is having deals with Bwonsamdi, besides who doesn't make deals with him right?

Rastakahn had so many assasinations attempts.. now she gets one.. well girl you are to late the party better get used to it , your father was a god at avoiding it.
    I think the pact is common knowledge at this point - the line of the King of Zandalar was originally bound to Rezan, who died due to Zul's machinations. Rastakhan then very publicly summoned Bwonsamdi to aid him during Zul and Mythrax's attack on Dazar'alor - not to mention Bwonsamdi's presence in Rastakhan's throne room in full view of his royal guards. Bwonsamdi's not really one for subterfuge, after all, announcing himself quite brazenly and clearly enjoying his time as the "Loa of Kings" now that Rezan is gone.

I'd agree that Rastakhan is more interesting a character than Talanji, just not that Talanji is a goody two-shoes two-dimensional caricature. I was sorry to see Rastakhan go so soon after his true introduction to a Troll-centric plotline, especially as before that we'd only really caught glimpses of him.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    What happened to Gallywix and who replaced him?
    Gallywix went MIA after Sylvanas ditched the Horde. Gazlowe was convinced to leave the Steamwheedle Cartel to lead the Bilgewater Cartel after the Bilgewater labor force all but rallied under his banner en masse because, among other things, he doesn't dick over his labor force every chance he gets (because, unlike Gallywix, Gazlowe is smart enough to understand a business is nothing without its labor force, so minor expenditures to keep them content are heavily outweighed by increased productivity via fewer strikes).

Apparently, because Gazlowe is an honest businessman who makes his gold through quality services and products, and because Gallywix was always a self-absorbed narcissist who only took over the Bilgewater Cartel because he envied the lavish lifestyle the rich enjoyed while his dad worked himself half to death for table scraps, apparently Gallywix was "thrashed." Because, of course, shameless power grabs and ditching allegiances the second they're not conductive to his personal bottom line are somehow out of character for Gallywix, when these are entirely in keeping with his portrayals in his short story and The Blank Scroll.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I think the part of the "entire goblin fantasy is being an asshole" is all in your head. Do the goblin starting area. Everyone hated Gallywix and wanted him to die.
    I mean the goblins were literally always about profit though that’s why the trade prince system worked the way it did. It is indeed out of character to have a new leader care about being fair.

Edit: Shows me how little I had kept up with forums. I didn’t know others felt like me about Rastakhan and Talanji haha. I despised her and was so upset when they killed Rastakhan off. I usually can’t stand trolls in WoW apart from Zul’jin and a few other old school ones so I was stoked to fall in love with the Rastakhan character. I also really liked Zul as a bad guy but him dying was appropriate.
    Last edited by Beet; 2020-04-13 at 12:58 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    limitless greed.
    That was enough to differentiate him from the rest of pompous, self-pitying MUH HONORZ leaders of what passes now as "horde".
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.