View Poll Results: How will BfA be remembered?

Voters
538. You may not vote on this poll
  • WORST Expansion Ever!

    203 37.73%
  • Slightly better than WoD but STILL TERRIBLE

    191 35.50%
  • Neutral feeling, no one misses it or hates it

    112 20.82%
  • It was one of the BETTER expansions

    27 5.02%
  • BEST Expansion Ever!

    5 0.93%
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #281
    The Patient BB8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    In a galaxy far far away
    Posts
    232
    Amazing expansion.

    - Beautiful zones, very nice to level there. It really felt like an rpg.
    - Kul Tiras: Jaina reunited with her family. A good strong navy ally for the alliance.
    - Sylvanas removed as warchief. A council for the horde.
    - The famous Zandalar added. Nice Dino-theme and different then the other troll races.
    - Highmountain, Dark Iron and Nightborne... love them.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    i havnt gotten any gushing wound or infinite stars yet.
    i do 5-6 visions each week, at least 1 m+15, clear heroic raid and im 10/12 mythic.
    chances are that ill never get any of what i want. in theory i could get avoidance the rest of the expac.
    and if i actually get what i want, i have to hope that i get good rng procs, because my dps can vary with 20% depending on procs.
    i did use about 5mill on boots and a ring with crit%, which is 3rd best, but its reliable and didnt cost gold cap. A pay to win system is worse than any sort of rng system imo. you can do it the hard way or pay 200€ in tokens and get the bis.. nah man.
    legiondaries had a finite number of outcomes and you couldnt get the same one over and over, they lasted the entire expansion, and they had bad luck protection.

    i agree that essences are good though, some are a boring grind, but they are guarenteed,
    but corruption can go burn in hell!
    corruptions are bad simply because they give too much power to single item.
    Your gear is ~470 while a single corrupted item has equivalent of ilvl = 600-700
    That is the main problem.

    RNG is not a problem with corruptions, you can work your way earning gold in game and just buying corruption on AH.
    There was no such option in legion because if it was I would have bought it 2 months in expansion and not have to grind all the shit content I hate for 8 months.

    When something can be worked towards without counting on luck it's not RNG.
    When you have to grind all the shit content and hope for luck, it's RNG.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Only time will tell, but I’m guessing with hate. During vanilla people said the game was broken during tbc people said the game was broken during wotlk people said the game was broken and so on and so on.... now it seems to be a general consensus of vanilla,tbc,wotlk all good. Cata, mists, wod bad. There’s a small group that enjoys mists more than others but this is what I’ve seen.
    I never hard of anyone saying the game was *broken* during WoTLK, or Vanilla for that matter. Sure, there were some criticisms, but Vanilla and WoTLK expansion have been two of the most loved eras of this game.



  4. #284
    Bloodsail Admiral Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,199
    I was expecting BFA to be an all-out war to the bitter end to pave the way for the next Warcraft saga.

    I will remember it as 20% of that
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

    Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    yea ashran sucked but i enjoyed 3v3
    Wod was probably the expansion I played the most 3v3 even though I hated it the most.

    During this time I got in an accident at work and lost part of a finger so I had a lot of time off and it was during the winter. I came back to arenas after just casually playing for years (didn’t take it seriously in a long time) came back and played survival then bm hunter.... the game felt WAAAAY too easy. It was the most scripted pvp I have ever been apart of.

    Every game was like this, enter arena, see comp, tell yourself “ok my druid is going to stun shaman, warrior will spell reflect, I’ll growl, then trap, then the shaman will trinket, I’ll scatter, pally will stun, druid will clone, shaman will totem, I’ll explosive the enemy then kill totem, my trap will be back up, we will win”

    And it was like this every. Single. Game. Ended up with like a 2800 rating doing this. I played it the most but it felt so dirty because of how easy it was.

  6. #286
    Titan Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    12,863
    To me the worst because I actually stopped playing entirely & used that time for another game. Cata & WoD I was still actively playing, just not as much as I did in other expansions.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.


  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    Amazing expansion.

    - Beautiful zones, very nice to level there. It really felt like an rpg.
    - Kul Tiras: Jaina reunited with her family. A good strong navy ally for the alliance.
    - Sylvanas removed as warchief. A council for the horde.
    - The famous Zandalar added. Nice Dino-theme and different then the other troll races.
    - Highmountain, Dark Iron and Nightborne... love them.
    This. Voting BFA the worst xpac is utter nonsense. Sure many things were not great but the Art, Zone design, story, war campaign is was all really good stuff. Just admit it spoiled brats!

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    This. Voting BFA the worst xpac is utter nonsense. Sure many things were not great but the Art, Zone design, story, war campaign is was all really good stuff. Just admit it spoiled brats!
    Yes but how was the actual gameplay. Everything you listed is always good in WoW

  9. #289
    WoD at least classes were fun, and in the first few weeks it was fun. But there was no Karabor as a capital city OR any endgame-content at all. Really, there was NOTHING. Simply because it was never planned that Tanaan was a patch-content. They cut it out even through it was probably supposed to be an endgame-content. And it was very unfinished in many aspects. Especially Gorgrond. You can really see that half of the zone was simply unfinished. They finished the overgrown-content there, but all the iron horde-stuff: no story, nothing at all except for the crappy daily fill the bar-content there. Nothing, absolutely nothing.

    Garrison simply took to long to function somehow and then it was a total trashfest.

    Still: at least classes were good. And Warriors had Gladiator-Stance. Simply said it was the superior expansion to BfA by around a Lightyear.
    Because it doesn't matter how good or bad an expansion is: if the classes are bad, the expansion is bad. And the overpruned shite of BfA was the biggest crap they ever created. Ok, second biggest.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    This. Voting BFA the worst xpac is utter nonsense. Sure many things were not great but the Art, Zone design, story, war campaign is was all really good stuff. Just admit it spoiled brats!
    Just admid you are a brown nosed white knight, that's the same bs. Nope, BfA was bad, because the gameplay was bad. It doesn't matter how good the content is, class design in BfA was the second biggest crap they ever created. And maybe for Horde it was actually good, but when you play alliance, it was the biggest crap blizzard ever created. None of the 3 alliance leveling-zones is even in the range of being decent or good. Horde had at least beautiful zones and a good story, Alliance didn't. Only our capital was far better than the horde-one.

    Leveling in WoD was not bad at all. All zones in WoD were very decent and good to level. The endgame was the issue. And players fetish to total trash dailies because of being dailies. Yes, dailies were removed and replaced with nothing. But BfA was bad from the very beginning, and for alliance-players it was gutter-trash.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-04-12 at 03:14 PM.

  10. #290
    The Lightbringer gutnbrg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New Mageland
    Posts
    3,571
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaes92 View Post
    Wod was probably the expansion I played the most 3v3 even though I hated it the most.

    During this time I got in an accident at work and lost part of a finger so I had a lot of time off and it was during the winter. I came back to arenas after just casually playing for years (didn’t take it seriously in a long time) came back and played survival then bm hunter.... the game felt WAAAAY too easy. It was the most scripted pvp I have ever been apart of.

    Every game was like this, enter arena, see comp, tell yourself “ok my druid is going to stun shaman, warrior will spell reflect, I’ll growl, then trap, then the shaman will trinket, I’ll scatter, pally will stun, druid will clone, shaman will totem, I’ll explosive the enemy then kill totem, my trap will be back up, we will win”

    And it was like this every. Single. Game. Ended up with like a 2800 rating doing this. I played it the most but it felt so dirty because of how easy it was.
    lol ur right it was very scripted, i played a walking dead comp and i was the holy pally. Maybe i enjoyed it bc it was so overpowered. I also played a warlock and i cant remember the spell but once u had all ur dots up and u popped this one spell, all u had to do was drain soul and u basically melted ur opponent.

  11. #291
    Legendary! Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    6,700
    At this point in time, I feel that BfA will be remembered as MUCH better then SL.
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  12. #292
    Hard to tell, they're all pretty bad these days. For what little I played of BFA, it did seem rather boring. At least WoD had nicer looking zones, and had some link to TBC. BFA seemed to have cleared my friends list the fastest.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    At this point in time, I feel that BfA will be remembered as MUCH better then SL.
    How to make sure no one takes you seriously 101

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    WoD actually had good class design and less "systems" to keep busy with so and more passive ways to make gold and WoD allowed me to play other games that BFA don't if you want to keep up with the "cool" kids so i will rank WOD MUCH HIGHER THEN THE PILE OF JUNK BFA IS!!!!! and WoD is still 2nd to last

    BFA's biggest issue is really that its like WoD just that it throws totally mindnumbingly boring content into our faces that we have to grind to stay relevant, i hate this type of game design and nowdays spends my time leveling and doing dungeons in Classic untill this shitfest called "bfa" is over.

    BfA is the first expansion since launch of World of Warcraft i will end the expansion with less then 100 days played, got like 23 days played on my main as it stands now and its not building up quickly since i get disgusted very quickly on retail when i start doing the "content".

    I still login and do timewalking and bg brawls now and then.

    Its like this worst to best.

    BfA > WoD > MoP > Cata > Legion > Vanilla > TBC > Wotlk.
    for me its bfa>wotlk(most overated crap ever)>cata>wod(because what we got was good)>vanila>legion>tbc

  15. #295
    I don't recall mentioning this the first time but the AH is something I'm pretty darn happy is being carried forward. Even WOD gave us that improved group finder tool and amazing player model updates.

    And I still give BFA major props to salvaging WOD's storyline with the mag'har scenario. I didn't think it was possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  16. #296
    When it became evident towards the beginning of the expansion that the development team had no concrete idea what to do with the Azerite system it was clear to me they hadn't planned any vision for the rest of the expansion either. How do you fumble the core mechanic of an expansion? It's like they don't really test shit anymore.

    Deadpan worst expansion all around.

    Except for the cinematics. Great.

    So make a TV show.

    They can't make a good game anymore.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    This. Voting BFA the worst xpac is utter nonsense. Sure many things were not great but the Art, Zone design, story, war campaign is was all really good stuff. Just admit it spoiled brats!
    It really is not. There is a reason every person i played with together for many years and every person I know outside the game have stopped playing. This did not happen in WoD and not in any other expansion.
    Hell, the story was so bad that it can never be salvaged again. Many horde players completely lost their identification with their faction because they have become mass murderes and supporters of genocide now and can never be redeemed. Many alliance players lost their identification with their faction because they feel like abuse victims that can not stand up for themselves and feel completely helpless as the horde lubes up again.
    At least in WoD we had the hope that this AU bullshit only will have minimal impact on the MU, so it didnt matter that nothing made sense.
    Leveling was 10x worse than WoD because you just got weaker and weaker during levelling, lost stuff and got nothing in return.
    Then we have the bugs and missing QA. Oh my God, so many bugs.

    I hate WoD, but BfA is simply worse. I could continue this for 2 more pages and list one reason after another.

  18. #298
    Awfully. Is it worse than WoD?!?!? Who knows or cares really. They're both terrible expansions.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    It really is not. There is a reason every person i played with together for many years and every person I know outside the game have stopped playing. This did not happen in WoD and not in any other expansion.
    There is a reason why [insert some personal experience which has no translation to reality] happened.

    Funny but WoD was the time when my last IRL friend stopped playing. Funny how our entire guild felt apart in MoP. Then another guild felt apart in WoD. In legion we really struggled to keep our rooster full and squad changed like twice (only 3 people from original end-of-wod squad remained in Legion).

    You have no reasons to be honest. It's just your personal experience which we can't even confirm.

    Nobody cared about leveling, it wasn't relevant for good couple of expansions, MoP and WoD each had muuuuuuuuuuuch more bugs than both Legion and BfA combined.
    Story in WoD (alternative timeline) was so rock bottom that BfA is actually masterpiece.
    WoD was when the first and biggest pruning occured - but it was justified.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    There is a reason why [insert some personal experience which has no translation to reality] happened.

    Funny but WoD was the time when my last IRL friend stopped playing. Funny how our entire guild felt apart in MoP. Then another guild felt apart in WoD. In legion we really struggled to keep our rooster full and squad changed like twice (only 3 people from original end-of-wod squad remained in Legion).

    You have no reasons to be honest. It's just your personal experience which we can't even confirm.

    Nobody cared about leveling, it wasn't relevant for good couple of expansions, MoP and WoD each had muuuuuuuuuuuch more bugs than both Legion and BfA combined.
    Story in WoD (alternative timeline) was so rock bottom that BfA is actually masterpiece.
    WoD was when the first and biggest pruning occured - but it was justified.
    WoD wasn't great. I don't think anyone would argue against that. But to say BFA is a masterpiece is actually insane. If it wasn't for Blizzard not reporting sub numbers and WoW Classic boosting sub numbers BFA would be the all time low subscriber count in WoW history. The pruning which started in WoD and only got worse since then has hurt the game significantly and BFA took it to another level while adding many abilities to the GCD (which almost everyone was against) and pruning even more while removing everything Legion artifact weapons added.Thankfully Blizzard is undoing a lot of that in Shadowlands but the fact that they are is proof that those decisions hurt the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •