Poll: How will BfA be remembered?

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Change to more populated realm.
    Illidan (US) is highly populated and highly progressed. Proudmoore (US) is also highly populated. Neither had any corrupted gear for sale on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    I still say anyone who calls BFA the worst, has either never played through WoD or has selective memory.
    Or they just value gameplay more than content, which is in fact a sane choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Illidan (US) is highly populated and highly progressed. Proudmoore (US) is also highly populated. Neither had any corrupted gear for sale on the AH.
    Then you probably don't know how to search for it, you know you have to click each item and then check each auction?
    I find it highly unlikely since on my realm (high pop, not full) there is at least 7 corrupted variants of same item (same ilvl different corruptions)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Not to be that guy. But the last actually good WoW expansion was Mists of Pandaria.
    The last 3 have been complete dogshit.
    I'm actually inclined to agree. I have at least some fond memories of WoD because Windwalkers were really fun but apart from that all three of these expansions were just incredibly disappointing with BfA taking the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    I still say anyone who calls BFA the worst, has either never played through WoD or has selective memory.
    WoD still had some very solid gameplay depending on which spec you played. I played hundreds of BGs and thousands of arena games with my Windwalker because the class was simply that fun to play. I can't say the same thing about any class in Legion or BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    Or they just value gameplay more than content, which is in fact a sane choice.
    I disagree, no amount of godly gameplay will keep players without meaningful content.
    This is why you have spikes each major patch that are slowly declining.

Then you probably don't know how to search for it, you know you have to click each item and then check each auction?
    I find it highly unlikely since on my realm (high pop, not full) there is at least 7 corrupted variants of same item (same ilvl different corruptions)
    Ah. I did not check every auction. Well, I stand corrected. However, as the only plate were gloves, the only mail were belts, and so on for leather and cloth, and the prices were astronomical, it's not something you can just go and do - either you pay good real money for enough tokens to cover the price (and on US servers we're talking 1-3 years of gametime in tokens for a good corruption), or your guild buys it for you (they must really love you!), or you have some millions in gold lying around. In any case, this is your main, you won't be gearing some alt this way, and in the latter case, it's a long-standing main, or your new main and you've been playing a good long while.

In short, it's just not an option for most players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    WoD still had some very solid gameplay depending on which spec you played. I played hundreds of BGs and thousands of arena games with my Windwalker because the class was simply that fun to play. I can't say the same thing about any class in Legion or BfA.
    I liked Elemental a lot in Legion. What it is now is nothing to then. The lesser secondary stats, lack of the interesting effects from the weapon (which while it was a rental was at least no-RNG and customised to its spec), and loss of Gust of Wind make the BfA Elemental a pale shadow of the Legion version (which lacked some stuff I liked in the MoP Elemental, but at least gained stuff over the WoD version, which was trimmed to hell). The same applies to Ret as well, but even with all the bells and whistles Legion Ret was at best a side-grade from HFC-period WoD Ret, and that was a step down from MoP and late-Cata Ret.

The poll is bad and totally biased.

WoD was better for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I liked Elemental a lot in Legion. What it is now is nothing to then. The lesser secondary stats, lack of the interesting effects from the weapon (which while it was a rental was at least no-RNG and customised to its spec), and loss of Gust of Wind make the BfA Elemental a pale shadow of the Legion version (which lacked some stuff I liked in the MoP Elemental, but at least gained stuff over the WoD version, which was trimmed to hell).
    I miss Gust of Wind so bad ;_; And 3 charges of Lightning.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    BfA was "okay", I liked 8.0 and 8.1. 8.2 was when it started going downhill and 8.3 was just bad honestly. So 6/10 I guess? Which is a bit better than WoD, but a bit worse than Legion.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

This is why you have spikes each major patch that are slowly declining.
    And this is also why BFA more likely has less active subs than WOD. To each their own but stats are more likely supporting the wod guys than the bfa ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Goods:

Great leveling story.
    Most cinematics ever, and a lot of great ones too, the best intro cinematic ever made since Warcraft 3.
    Fantastic art and music.
    Some cool new races: Tortollan, snake people, fat people (Kul Tirans)

Bads:

Poor progression system (heart if grindzeroth)
    Unfleshed systems (warfronts, island expeditions)
    Unflshed locations (Nazjatar, Ny'Alotha)
    Unfleshed ending characters (Wrathion, N'Zoth)
    This sums it up pretty good.

For me BfA was decent enough. It wasnt GREAT overall, it wasnt terrible overall either. Lots of cool ideas and concepts but failed in execution.

Generally the latest xpac of wow is always deemed shit. I remember back in the day people were shitting all over BC for X reasons. Then wotlk, then cata and so on.

But man.. WoD? That xpac... Ok i'll give them the leveling. That part was nice. The rest? Horrendous piece of shite that should be pissed on, shat on, dunked with gasoline and put on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    But man.. WoD? That xpac... Ok i'll give them the leveling. That part was nice. The rest? Horrendous piece of shite that should be pissed on, shat on, dunked with gasoline and put on fire.
    Arena was okay. Crafting was good, but Garrisons destroyed the gathering economy.

This sums it up pretty good.

For me BfA was decent enough. It wasnt GREAT overall, it wasnt terrible overall either. Lots of cool ideas and concepts but failed in execution.

Generally the latest xpac of wow is always deemed shit. I remember back in the day people were shitting all over BC for X reasons. Then wotlk, then cata and so on.

I think Garrisons would have been great if the gathering capabilities would have been toned down to a weekly basis, the mission table nerfed heavily and the world quest system would have been introduced in the same expansion.

We would have had the beauty of garrisons and all their customization and the incentive to go outside as well.

They wanted to escape the pandaria disaster as soon as possible, but they rushed it out half a year too soon...Executus.

As with all iterations (expansions) of wow there were som good and some bad things but as usual nothing that kept me from enjoying most of it.

Good expansion overall, wish corruption would've been there from the start and perfected at the end of BFA to be used in a different, better form, in Shadowlands.

The worst thing must've been the requirement to farm AP to unlock Azerite armour perks and how much timegating was used for things like Essences.

I like the theme for Shadowlands way better and I'm more hyped about that expansion than I was with BFA.

Overall: 7/10
    (which most expansions tend to end at, Blizzard is really good with most of the things they make, some hickups here and there obviously but they usually adjust those eventually)
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fynzie View Post
    And this is also why BFA more likely has less active subs than WOD. To each their own but stats are more likely supporting the wod guys than the bfa ones.
    No, that has to do with game overall lifetime. Has nothing to do with expansions. Each new expansion will have even lower sub count.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah. I did not check every auction. Well, I stand corrected. However, as the only plate were gloves, the only mail were belts, and so on for leather and cloth, and the prices were astronomical, it's not something you can just go and do - either you pay good real money for enough tokens to cover the price (and on US servers we're talking 1-3 years of gametime in tokens for a good corruption), or your guild buys it for you (they must really love you!), or you have some millions in gold lying around. In any case, this is your main, you won't be gearing some alt this way, and in the latter case, it's a long-standing main, or your new main and you've been playing a good long while.

In short, it's just not an option for most players.
    I recently sold infinite stars rank 3 offhand 475 for 1.2M gold. To get that amount of gold within a month you need to earn 40k each day. This is possible with boosts and playing AH.

If you set your goal for 3months you only need to earn 13K a day which is possible with just professions such as alchemy and cooking. You literally buy mats on AH when they are cheap, checking on the undermine journal. Or grind it farming herbs/spare parts.

Other corruptions are cheaper. Still, you have that option, which makes it pretty much non rng. And you didn't have that option with legiondaries because If I did. I would have used it.

Or you just slip some real money and get it asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    I think Garrisons would have been great if the gathering capabilities would have been toned down to a weekly basis, the mission table nerfed heavily and the world quest system would have been introduced in the same expansion.

We would have had the beauty of garrisons and all their customization and the incentive to go outside as well.

They wanted to escape the pandaria disaster as soon as possible, but they rushed it out half a year too soon...Executus.
    The garrison was rather cool, I liked that alot to in WoD. Sadly that was more or less all there was besides the usual dungeon, raids & bgs. Having a feature like garrison carry on into each xpac would be nice. Let us have a garrison outside SW/org and build on it.

BFA: Well...you tried.

Arena was okay. Crafting was good, but Garrisons destroyed the gathering economy.
    Agree. It was a bit to much on that part. They totally overdid several aspects with garrisons. But thats sort of how Blizzard does things. Come up with cool ideas & concepts and implement them poorly in the game. Either overdo or underdo it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Once Shadowlands is out, it will be considered the best expansion while Shadowlands the worst.
    Cata and WoD beg to disagree with your witty comment
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

The garrison was rather cool, I liked that alot to in WoD. Sadly that was more or less all there was besides the usual dungeon, raids & bgs. Having a feature like garrison carry on into each xpac would be nice. Let us have a garrison outside SW/org and build on it.
    I think if they would have added a danger risk/reward component to the garrisons it would have been stellar.

For example, once a week your garisson gets attacked by NPCs.

1. If you don't defend but build up automated AI defenses, you can for example gain x amount of ressources and save y amount of your weekly gatherables.

2. If you defend it, you can actually queue for garisson defense, and it will place you in a random person's garisson (which counts as yours, since there's technically 1 commander in the lore), and once you beat it you get a lot more rewards, depending on difficulty.

Now THAT would have been memorable.