Poll: How will BfA be remembered?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Classes were broken, items were broken (like assurance of consequence, Rune of Re-Origination), blizzard never bothered to fix that. Vengeance might have been good idea but it went pants on head retarded with tanks being top dpses.

Disci priests were damn OP turning raiding into snoozefest for other healers. Affliction warlocks being unquestionable kings on sustaned AOE, bm hunters deleting people from arenas, retarded instagibb macros, full rotation macros, timeless isle being coin-farm, gigantic content draught at the end of SoO. Boring mobs farming for cloak. Farming frogs for coins. And a tons of bugs.

It's not about "pandas" its about remembering how it was back then without rose tinted glasses.
    Do you even like mmos? Cause all that stuff you listed is what made it amazing. An mmo where nothing feels broken op is horrible boring. Right now in BFA its all proc broken, while in legion and mop you felt your class demolishing stuff.

5+ Year Old Account
    I can stand a somewhat dull gameplay if the story is compelling enough, and the world feels like an actual world (e.g. Classic). Conversely, I can put up with some really crappy story if the gameplay is engaging enough (e.g. SL, so far). The biggest problem of BfA is that it failed at both; story was absolute trash and all my favourite specs (arcane, shadow, disc, prot pally) were strictly a downgrade from their Legion versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

People will, like always with past expansions, remember it mostly for the good things. So in 2-4 years players will long for when BfA had actual faction war, with a faction war themed raid that we probably won't get again. And how we got to see Nazjatar which is unlike any zone. Players might also long for Corrupted gear, since most will only remember how fun it was to have insane DPS from infinite stars, or pulling insane numbers in M+ with twilight devastation.

Besides, asking how it will be remembered now will always give biased answers, because we are currently in the most boring part of any expansion, when most of the enjoyment of the game comes from imagining the next one. So obviously you will not find many people who think positively of BfA all the time, and instead ruminates on the bad.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

As far as I can tell, WoD was largely hated due to the horrendous lack of content but the core gameplay remained solid enough, there just wasn't enough to do.

BfA meanwhile managed to make a mess of pretty much everything but the amount of content. It's one thing to be bored, it's quite another to actively find the game unfun. In that respect I do think BfA will be remembered as a worse expansion than WoD.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2020-04-16 at 01:09 PM.

Every Expansion since WOD onward has been garbage.