Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Never! If you're a girl who doesn't want attention from guys then you could change your profile and avatar to be less revealing and I guarantee you the messages will stop.

Some girl was complaining about this on Twitter and I look at her avatar to find she is smoking hot. Well it's like "no duh", if you're hot then guys are going to pursue you. That's how it works.
    How to defend Rapists, an introduction by PC2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I mean do friend requests count? I always find these weird. I don't know the person but I sometimes get these and wonder "why?". Might be because I think very little of facebook-friends/followers and the like. I need to have some meaningfull interaction with people to start putting them on lists, heck I've raided with some people for years and I wouldn't add them anywhere, I need there to be at least some kind of semi-regular verbal exchange. But I also don't freak out about that shit.

As for dating requests, well I'm a guy that doesn't flaunt his riches, so obviously not and even if I did I wouldn't follow up on randos from the internet. That being said, I've come to know plenty of people that found their spouses that way. Heck my own sister the dumb cunt found her loser of an (ex-) husband that way. Probably not the best example, most seem to be happy though (my sister is just really bad at spotting OBVIOUS losers).
    I am of the same opinion, on my social media account i need to at least know the person before i add you. There are a whole lot of people who just add everyone randomly seems to be a younger generation thing who find this more normal. Only exception to this rule is instagram what i mainly have for certain interests like photography.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Not too often these days.

I'm very sparse with info and pics of myself online due to the inevitable sexual attention. For a while I had a pic of myself on Facebook wearing a fucking puffy windbreaker with my hair blowing in the wind and no show of my lower body, and I got such creepy messages I had to remove it. The pic also showed my dog sitting on a rock beside me, and I'd literally get messages wondering if I'd be up for selling a certain kind of video featuring me and Max... -_-'

On these forums I've had a few idiots borderline stalk me, but I put them on ignore and use a uBLock string so I never see them these days and they can't message me.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Banner pending.
    2020: The US President is now re-tweeting messages saying that the only good Democrat, is a dead one. Can you spell Fascism?

Not very often, but there is that Scrapbot guy.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee

I used to get creeps all the time on Myspace back when I was younger and not married. Now though, not at all. It helps that I don't really have any pictures of myself on social media anymore. I mainly just post minerals and creepy artwork now.

Lol, never. I mean, why would someone do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    crazy people gonna have there dog put down for rape after they hump there leg
    Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    feminists they always look like a hippo thats rolled in dogshit and then hit with a nuclear weapon and lived

Never, I'm the one sending creepy messages.

Not commonly.

When I was playing WoW, I can remember a couple of cases where people got a little too comfortable with me when it came to freely discussing their personal details and asking for my own. I maybe wouldn't go as far as calling that "creepy" but it does get a bit uncomfortable for me when conversations with randoms online in video games start going that direction. I shoot those conversations down pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Cidzor; 2020-04-06 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

I remember only once. Twice if we count one fringe case.

I was playing SWTOR once years ago. I dont know why, but the guy(?) started asking, if I wanted to compare lightsabers or something. I felt odd at that point and decided to start messing with it. He started to ask, if if I was a boy. This seemed to be very important. I went around this question all the time to get more lols and perhaps get enough evidence to report the guy, but he never went too far.

The fringe case was when some guy started hitting on me. Why? My character happened to be female. I guess he wasnt aware that character gender doesnt neccessarily match irl gender. I went along with it for lols and I lots of lols I did get. The guy wasnt exactly creepy, but I find it sad that he started hitting someone based on their character.

In fact, reading the answers in this thread makes me think, if I should experiment and make account on some popular forums and make it seem like I was female and see what happens. For science... and lols. Probably not, too much effort.

Not that much since I've turned more into an introvert in my older days. But 15-20 years ago in my teenage years and young adolescence I used to be more outgoing. Out every week drinking in town and had a wide circle of friends. During that time I experienced a lot of what probably would qualify as harassment. This was in the MSN era, there was some harassment on net, but it was mostly texting and mobile phones back then.

A friend of mine had used pictures of me to sex chat with other people. Local people. So I had a reputation...
    A guy called my girlfriend at the time when I was around 17 and asked her if he could "borrow" me because I turned him on. At the time we just laughed it of, but its quite disturbing in hindsight.
    I was at one point while blacked out drunk pulled into a restroom by two women who attempted to undress me and "have their way" apparently. I cant remember that at all, it was my roommate and best friend at the time who saved me :P
    I've had at least 4 stalkers, one male and 3 female. I still actually have one female.
    My sisters friends would grope my ass or dick if they got the chance when I met them out on town. They would call me a little bitch if I attempted to protest (guys should accept it if women grope them apparently) :P

I've been asked home quite enough times, most of them accept it when I said I had a girlfriend, but some used the "she does not have to know" routine.
    I feel more calm with old age and fading looks setting in, as being considered a "good looking" man is hectic when you are young and monogamous of mind.
    The last time I was "harassed" was a gay guy that would not take no for an answer at a party last winter. Those guys seem to get very offended when rejected.

Going out and getting drunk is something I used to do every weekend, but I am lucky if it happens 3-4 times a year now. It's probably for the best.

Well I can say I have never sent any to anyone lmao. I have also only ever received a few from girls that wanted my man bits.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- let's get real everyone, classic needs #somechanges get over it.

I don't think I've had anyone send me creepy messages.

Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Not commonly.

When I was playing WoW, I can remember a couple of cases where people got a little too comfortable with me when it came to freely discussing their personal details and asking for my own. I maybe wouldn't go as far as calling that "creepy" but it does get a bit uncomfortable for me when conversations with randoms online in video games start going that direction. I shoot those conversations down pretty quickly.
    Can relate. A guy in a guild I was in as a social for a while guessed that I was a female woman irl. I never confirmed it, but I was polite and responded to his casual conversation.

Then one day, out of the blue, he hit me with suicidal thoughts, feelings of being lonely, needing someone to live for etc... I ain't about taking responsibility for how a stranger living 5 countries away from me copes with his life, so...
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Banner pending.
    2020: The US President is now re-tweeting messages saying that the only good Democrat, is a dead one. Can you spell Fascism?

Herald of the Titans Strawberry's Avatar
    Every time someone quotes me here.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Never! If you're a girl who doesn't want attention from guys then you could change your profile and avatar to be less revealing and I guarantee you the messages will stop.

Some girl was complaining about this on Twitter and I look at her avatar to find she is smoking hot. Well it's like "no duh", if you're hot then guys are going to pursue you. That's how it works.
    That’s how it worked… in the 1950s.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    there are a couple users here who actually do that. can't remember there names offhand but everytime a women shows up to post in a thread they are in they start hitting on them it's fucking pathetic.
    I’d hope that’s against the rules, right? Like, “grounds for immediate forum suspension” against the rules.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Nope I’m extremely direct with people. I’m never intimidated and often no matter how aggressive someone else is it’s not enough to overcome my directness. Life’s too short for bullshit.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I’d hope that’s against the rules, right? Like, “grounds for immediate forum suspension” against the rules.
    not really no that i can gather. it kind of depends on the wording and how persistent they are.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-04-07 at 12:28 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

@Stormvind Let me help you. To be properly creepy you need ...

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry
    Every time someone quotes me here.
    Now, with Dick pics.
    "No one -- however smart, however well-educated, however experienced -- is the suppository of all wisdom"

Sixty years. One sexagenary cycle complete, a new adventure awaits.
    shadowmouse, previously bungeebungee

Weirdly, that hasn't really happened to me. ^^" Then again, I'm also pretty reclusive.

There might have been some strange messages in some MMOs though, but I don't really remember any details.

I've never gotten one, and (I think) never sent one.